The Rise of Algorithm

HenryDavidT

Oct 17, 2015, 10:25:21 PM10/17/15
http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2015/10/17/MIT-system-outperforms-human-intuition-with-algorithms/4211445087936/

My sense is that within 100 or so years, ALGORITHMS --- a set of step-by-step operation based on computational mathematics --- will run much of what humans want done.

From metallurgy (how to add the different mixes of metals and non-metals into a formula to produce the strongest, most flexible, lightest, etc. properties)..... to molecular genetics and medicine (how a certain atomic or molecular structure, or "chemical formula," impact a certain micro-environment, be it the genome or a virus).....to large part of TEACHING (for the various individuals and individual needs, from the basic to the highly complex aspects of education)..... to soil studies and animal husbandry.... to things as mundane as how fast a certain sets of consumer items are flying off of the shelves and how much profit they generate and how much advertisements you have to do, etc.......

I think all, and especially the very complex or very tedious activities --- which are managed to be confined, or explained, by step-by-step processes --- will be dealt with by computational algorithms...