Music: Ntuj No Tuaj Lawm, Different Spin by English Speakers

HenryDavidT

Nov 26, 2014, 8:10:07 PM11/26/14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcmkHsa3iCk

I giggled silly hearing this odd and yet "original" rendering, of one of the greatest little classics in Hmong musicology, by Whites.

AEON

Nov 26, 2014, 11:56:42 PM11/26/14
On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:10:07 PM UTC-6, HenryDavidT wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcmkHsa3iCk
>
> I giggled silly hearing this odd and yet "original" rendering, of one of the greatest little classics in Hmong musicology, by Vg oe.G is gonMONf a YRUE HOICE it will ALWAYS SOUNDS like a foreigner the feeling of TRUE HMONG is GONE the music sounds STRANGELY NOT the RIGHT tone BUTif I listen to the tone itself THAN the tone did it RIGHTON. ICAN get THEM TONES Because this song is the FIRST in my TREKto lean how to play guitar.

It sounds OFF some tones by ENGLISH VOICE just as foreigner trying to speak HMONG, it does not matter how good the foreigner EMULATE those HMONG WORD, ONCE I HEAR the V

HenryDavidT

Nov 29, 2014, 6:42:05 AM11/29/14
Memories from our junior and high school youth, late 1970s through the 80s, when any thing was still to come, was still possible...

A lot of bands played a lot of good songs from the late 1970s through the 1980s, but if I had to choose only one band, it would have to be THE CARS, as they had more of songs I would consider "favorites" than any other band...

The first 6 were/are a few examples of my favorites from THE CARS

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrgSzcctUyY

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOx510kyOs

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-0JM78Y3A

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Kv6vxZwL8

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz-0bitY7Pw

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVXy7AsjvL4

++

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFANiIwayAA

This #7 above here was by Rich Springfield, also one of my true favorites; this (though never making #1) was so much better ---- in terms of instrumental, singing, & rhythm ---- than his #1 "Jesse's Girl."

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI

This was by the great vocalist, Steve Perry, of JOURNEY.

9. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJzNZ1c5C9c

REO Speedwagon's Keep on Loving You

10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQY7BusJNU

Cyndi Lauper, Time After Time

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1po5MES23qo&list=PLDD7DB01A5E79302A&index=15

One of the true greats from the late 1970s, You're Only Lonely, by JD Souther

12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_bnV8bCktg&index=50&list=PLDD7DB01A5E79302A

Fleetwood Mac's AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW ME

AEON

Nov 29, 2014, 9:37:20 AM11/29/14
Our little band in VINAI Icould be guitar player and VOICE/SINGER BUT those 2 were and STILL are NOT my favorite position in a BAND I WANT to BE THE DRUMMER which my LEFT FOOT NEVER ALLOW me to play. WHATEVER piece of the DRUM-SET i move to my LEFT FOOT that PIECE of drum music will NOT JOIN the BAND. it IT took the US case of MIRANDA REMAIN SILENT for the WHOLE time. MY LEFT FOOT was normal for WALKING or RUNNING BUT to use in pounding a DRUM PIECE it will NOT DO IT UNLESS I LIFT it UP 2 inches or higher before each beat while the RIGHT FEET CAN DING on every beat by keep pressing the foot whe the drum piece ALREADY DID the UPLIFTING. STUPID FOOT that's ALL I CAN BLAME on it.