No crime required, IRS can seize your bank account if they don't like the amount of your deposit

Moobthaibteb Moobtwmzeej

Feb 11, 2015, 2:10:24 PM2/11/15
Tseemyeej and those others that have your own business, run into any situation as this yet? Especially now with the tax season, people bring tax check in to cash it out, how would you handle it in your store? I mean if you have to keep cash reserve in the store larger than usual to accommodate the business transaction for those tax checks, therefore you in turn will only deposit so much, more than likely less than 10k, has that ever been a problem before?

The thing that glares out the most for me in this article is "Their money was seized under an increasingly controversial area of law known as civil asset forfeiture, which allows law enforcement agents to take property they suspect of being tied to crime even if no criminal charges are filed. Law enforcement agencies get to keep a share of whatever is forfeited." That last sentence, "Law enforcement agencies get to keep a share of whatever is forfeited" seems to be a great incentive for the law enforcer to not break a law but do what it takes to get extras. Isn't there something wrong there?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/us/law-lets-irs-seize-accounts-on-suspicion-no-crime-required.html

Moob Lajleeb

yag...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2015, 3:55:16 PM2/11/15
as i always said..all people are just as bad/good/stupid...tsi muaj ib cov zoo dlua..tsi muaj ib cov phem dlua. just as all religions r bad/good....just as all scientists are morons..illogical asses...

now....to the point, all countries are good/bad...the ones with open eyes will see this...and the idiots will not. xob cem cem communist nations...xob qhuas qhuas america. the fact is, any government can do anything to anyone if it wants to. the govenment is the heart of all evil guys, including killing and unlawful acts.

yh

AEON

Feb 11, 2015, 8:17:44 PM2/11/15
I had NOT read the related LAW but it seems ILLEGAL to keep no crime victim. I'M SURE the victim may be lock-out of her account TEMPORARY during INVESTIGATION ONLY. ONCE the FACTS showes no LAW HAD BEEN VIOLETED THAN the GOV will HAVE TO RELEASE THE LOCK or face the SUPREME LAWS of this COUNTRY. I DON'T THINK any GOV AGENCY will risk to be theROTTEN EGG IN THE BUNCH who OPERATED TOO CLOSE to the RAZOR SHARP EDGE OF ILLEGAL UNDER HUMAN RIGHTS. IF THE VICTIM WENT THROUGH IRS PROCEDURE AND FOUND GUILTY of a LAW THAN "YES" THE GOV CAN KEEP ALL+ even MORE for other fines & fees TAX INVASION WILL NEVER GET AWAY FOR FREE BECAUSE IRS IS ALLOWED A LONG TIME TO INVESTIGATE & CHARGE. that LONG TIME allow the IRS to throughly "DIG" ever DIRT the victim EVER did in her TAX FORMS. any little activity is monitor for CHARGE-ABLE SIGN. being the VICTIM of IRS IS NEVER TOO FUN. YOU WILL SPEND DAYS JUST ANWSER YOU PAST $ ACTIVITIES who know you will anwser accurate to you SUBMITTED PAST TAX RECORDS. ANY UNMATCH ANWSER WILL ONLY ADD MORE SUSPECTED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.

AEON

Feb 11, 2015, 8:24:44 PM2/11/15
the BEST WAY IS NEVER FILE INACCURATE TAX RETURN. I GOT FRIENDS WHO TRIED TO CHEAT IRS and they got several $K+ REFUNDS BUT DID NOT LAST TOO LONG B4 IRS FOUND OUT. they were facing JAIL or payup so they endup DIGGY EVERY SOURCE OF $ just to AVOID JAIL TIME NOT TOO FUN.