Crime and Punishment

HenryDavidT

Oct 22, 2016, 9:58:50 PM10/22/16
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/23/california-man-gets-1500-year-jail-sentence-for-raping-teenage-daughter

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/opinion/montana-judge-incest-sentencing-liz-spayd-new-york-times-public-editor.html

The first situation above here took place here in Fresno, California. The man raped a 14 year-old girl --- regardless whether it's his daughter or someone else daughter, he raped a young girl --- and got 1,5000 years for such unspeakable, heinous crime.

The second case, in the NY Times article, was a man who raped his 12 year-old step-daughter and he got 60 days in jail.

See see the disparity?

And, get this, the little girl's MOTHER and a whole bunch of neighbors wrote to the JUDGE --- and he listened to them, citing their letters in his decision --- saying the RAPIST shouldn't have to even go to prison, beyond the few weeks he's already served, because if HE WAS SENTENCED TO JAIL FOR YEARS, the family would be destroyed!

WTF for brain is that?

The rather primitive Hmong males attitude toward sex with, as well as marrying, young girls (between 13 and 18), in the name of "This is how our culture always has done things..." I think it behooves some serious reflection....