The Environment: It Doesn't Matter Whether You Personally Like or Believe in a Certain Fact

HenryDavidT

Apr 3, 2015, 12:30:55 AM4/3/15
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/us/californians-concerned-that-efforts-to-conserve-water-will-not-help-much.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Nature doesn't care about your beliefs, wishes, wants, or needs.

When you pile tens of millions in very hot and dry environments, like in central to southern California, and there are multiple years of draughts, there will be consequences.

Praying to your imaginary gods and holy spirits ain't gonna do jack.

I take showers once a week, or, at most, twice a week, save my shower water and pour it into the roots of small trees around the house. I don't flush until I piss 6-10 times, until the water is very brown... I tell people those things and they think I am lying or strange.

I captured a couple hundred gallons of water over a few days of light rains, and they come very handy...

I actually am surprised not more people try capturing rain waters. If you block off the drains from the rooftop/shingles, you could easily get 100 or more gallons of nutrient-rich rain-water, for outdoors lawn & garden watering, within a few hours, even when it rains only very lightly.

AEON

Apr 3, 2015, 2:21:34 AM4/3/15
do NOT worry about DROUTH IN CLI4NIA. the GLOBAL WARMING will OVER LOAD CALI4NIA CITIES. MOVE T HIGHER GROUND WHILE YOU CAN. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE WITH GREAT HITE SHARK. WHEN SANDIEGOIS UNDER THE SEA. MOST OF CHINA will be under WATER TOO. MY OLD VILLAGE WILL SURVIVE AT 2K FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL. IF IT GO ABOVE TAT I WILL MOVE TO NEVADA RANGE ABOVE 7K FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL THAN JUST GO FISHING 4 WHALE WITH A LINE OF 10K LBS A LIN THE SIZE OF STELL LINEA FEET IN DIAMETERTIE TO NAVAL NUCLEAR SUB. ULL WITH 10K HP OR MORE WILL DO THE JOB SELLING WHALE MEAT $ 10K$ A KG. BILL GATE WILL BUY 10K KG. I WILL BE THE NEXT BILL GATE FROM SELLING WHALE MEAT & SHARKFINS.

HenryDavidT

Apr 3, 2015, 2:18:43 PM4/3/15

AEON

Apr 3, 2015, 2:47:04 PM4/3/15
THAT LADY IN YOUTUBE VDO GOT A POINT "THE PREZDENT SENDING FOOD TO OTHER COUNTRY HOW ABOUT US?"

HenryDavidT

Apr 3, 2015, 2:48:38 PM4/3/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yq-sfWSWLg

I can see some Conservative Bible thumping, gun loving nut bellowing:

"Draught? Extreme temperatures? Iceland and Greenland and the North and South poles melting? What are you fools talking about? I am freezin' my ass off here, with 5 feet of snow outside my backyard!"

No, Mr. Einstein, we are talking about the AVERAGE ICE, SNOW FALLS, and TEMPERATURES in the various places around the world, at different times around the world ----- NOT just at your backyard, in the American east coast or in the upper Mid West, during the winter months...

We are saying that if you kept records of, say,

1,000 places from around the world (not just your backyard),

you plotted the graphs in terms of temperatures (up and down, etc),

in terms of water levels (up and down),

in terms of rain falls and draughts (how often and how much, how scarce and for how long, from one event to the next, during the year, from one year to the next),

in terms of how thick or thin the various glaciers and snow caps atop mountains and other high elevations, during DIFFERENT MONTHS OF THE YEAR, over many years and many decades....

We are saying if you DID THAT, that there is a VERY SUBSTANTIAL TRAJECTORY of where these charts are saying to you in terms of where the CLIMATE IS GOING... NOT in terms of JUST your daily, weekly, or monthly backyard snow falls during winter months...

AEON

Apr 3, 2015, 3:25:03 PM4/3/15
up here in MN WE GOT NO SNOW SINCE MARCH SO APRIL 1ST ARRIVES THERE IS NO WHERE TO FIND A DROP OF SNOW. IF GREENLAND IS MELTING PORTION OF SAN DIEO WILL GO UNDER.GO UP OR DIE. I'LL MOVE DOWN TO THE BEACH. BECAUSE IT'S GETTING SO CHEAP.