Education: Angry Asian Man Suing Harvard

HenryDavidT

May 22, 2015, 12:58:26 AM5/22/15

http://asianamericancivilrights.org/supporters

I didn't know there was an "Angry Asian Man" organization!

So, it's just ONE ASIAN MAN in the organization, and he's very angry?

Anyway, facetiousness aside, this is a very, very tough and complex problem to solve.

As a card carrying, due paying, ultra orthodox LIBERAL, I have always been for MINORITIES and minority issues. But this issue is one of the more "special cases," since it deals with reverse quotas, in a way, impacting the Asian folks and impacting Asians, sometimes, in a way that is not all that good.

This, as many Jews and historians have said, harkens back to the early to mid 1900s, when American Jews were treated similarly. Noam Chomsky himself said Harvard treated him and his parents generation, of the "over-achieving" Jews, badly... with quotas, because White European Americans (non-Jewish) back then thought Jews would "ruin" their education, if you accepted too many Jews into institutions like Harvard, etc., so they NOT-SO-SUBTLY denied Jewish Americans entrance to a lot of the previously exclusive White Anglo Saxon Protestant institutions...

AEON

May 23, 2015, 4:34:37 AM5/23/15
Even if I qualify & got the letter of acceptance I won't go there because I can Not afford 72K of tuition. I WOULD JUST GO TOO UMN at about 1/3 TO 1/4 ONLY.

AEON

May 23, 2015, 6:51:47 AM5/23/15
On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 3:34:37 AM UTC-5, AEON wrote:
> Even if I qualify & got the letter of acceptance I won't go there because I can Not afford 72K of tuition. I WOULD JUST GO TOO UMN at about 1/3 TO 1/4 ONLY.

DURING MY TIME AT THE U some of the FAMOUS SCHOOLS need 30k while UMN cost UNDER 10k so I WENT TO UMN because of PRICING. I KNEW that if I apply to those FAMOUS SCHOOLs I will likeLY get accepted too BUT I DIDN'T BOTHER BECAUSE I KNOW I COULD NOT PAY 30K A YEAR FOR IT. I'M GLAD I DIDN'T JUMP INTO that deep a LOAN HOLE OF 120K$ for my 4 years of my BS DEGREE. UMN OFFERED THE same degree THAT i was looking FOR SO i HEADed OUT TO UMM for my 4 YEARS of TORTUROUS PRISON AFTER MY ENJOYABLE HIGH SCHOOL TIME AT EDISON. IT LOOKS like I'LL need to do ANOTHER PRISON TIME AT THE U SOON.

AEON

May 23, 2015, 6:53:45 AM5/23/15
THIS TGIME I NEED to TACKLE POLITICAL SCIENCE and FISHING OF COURSE.

HenryDavidT

Jun 11, 2015, 4:32:27 AM6/11/15

http://uk.businessinsider.com/sara-harberson-explains-why-asian-american-students-get-rejected-2015-6

"Where is your 'tag'?"

Having very high grades and other academic achievements is not considered having a "tag."

Rich parents, political connection, accidental birth to parents who went to those schools, being good athletes, etc.... THOSE are considered a "tag."

Most Asians don't have such a "tag," so we depend almost exclusively on our ability, or lack thereof, when it comes to doing well in classrooms and on tests.