Ramadhan is Here

JFK

Oct 27, 2003, 11:49:47 AM10/27/03
ala...@yahoo.com (Ala) wrote in message news:<8bdf5883.03102...@posting.google.com>...
> Another year and another Ramadhan.

CNN Reports
Baghdad suicide bombings kill 30

The U.S. military has blamed "foreign fighters" for a wave of suicide
bombings in Baghdad which left more than 30 people dead and at least
200 wounded.

What a coincident in timing? One can call it a welcome to Ramadan, and
I can say Iran obviously is NOT happy disclosing their chemical
reactor plans …
Their signature is all over it.

Jonathan

Pacifist

Oct 27, 2003, 12:11:28 PM10/27/03
"JFK" <jona...@ipns.com> wrote in message

> The U.S. military has blamed "foreign fighters" for a wave of suicide
> bombings in Baghdad which left more than 30 people dead and at least
> 200 wounded.

The US regime should blame itself for creating the mess in the first
place.
This thrashing about and blaming everybody but themselves is, frankly,
pathetic.

Welcome to Ramadan and peace to the world.

Pipilenca Guanaco

Oct 27, 2003, 12:47:22 PM10/27/03
JFK :

A lo mejor los suicidas esos son los que en celebraron el ramadán bajo las bombas americanas, durante
la democratización de Afganistán: quizás no olvidaron el cese al fuego que hicieron los
estadounidenses, y responden de igual manera. Es una lástima que la violencia genera más violencia.

Los iraquíes deben tener interés en el petróleo propio y la integridad nacional. Creo que el interés
nacional de los USA sobre Irak y el petróleo iraquí, no puede ser mayor que el de los del pueblo
iraquí.
De Iran se "sospecha" que tengan armas de destrucción masiva. De Israel ya se sabe. Porqué no hacer lo
correcto, y desarmar a Israel?
Durante el Ramadán, cuando no comen, a lo mejor es buen momento: la gente se debilita.

Atte.
Pipilenca

Pacifist

Oct 27, 2003, 12:56:25 PM10/27/03
"Pipilenca Guanaco" <pipi...@bluemail.ch> wrote in message

> De Iran se "sospecha" que tengan armas de destrucción masiva. De Israel ya se sabe. Porqué no hacer lo
> correcto, y desarmar a Israel?

Yes you ZioNazi scum. Answer that.

Ernest

Oct 27, 2003, 1:00:35 PM10/27/03

"JFK" <jona...@ipns.com> wrote in message

> ala...@yahoo.com (Ala) wrote in message
> > Another year and another Ramadhan.
>
> CNN Reports
> Baghdad suicide bombings kill 30
>
> The U.S. military has blamed "foreign fighters" for a wave of suicide
> bombings in Baghdad which left more than 30 people dead and at least
> 200 wounded.

Could you imagine if Westerners celebrated Christmas by suicide bombing
Muslims? Ramadan must be a strange holiday indeed. Do you think that they
have Ramadan Carols about chestnuts roasting on an open bomb crater? Geez.

Big Ben

Oct 27, 2003, 1:10:12 PM10/27/03
"Ernest" <leuco...@seanet.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> Could you imagine if Westerners celebrated Christmas by suicide bombing
> Muslims? Ramadan must be a strange holiday indeed. Do you think that they
> have Ramadan Carols about chestnuts roasting on an open bomb crater? Geez.

Could you imagine if Muslims celebrated Ramadan by invading Christian
countries, carpet bombing their populations and destroying their
infrastructure and livelihood? Do they have Christmas carols about
roasting chestnuts on whole neighbourhoods turned to charcoal by cruise
missiles?

miss calm

Oct 27, 2003, 3:51:30 AM10/27/03

"Pacifist" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "JFK" <jona...@ipns.com> wrote in message
>
> > The U.S. military has blamed "foreign fighters" for a wave of suicide
> > bombings in Baghdad which left more than 30 people dead and at least
> > 200 wounded.

The "US Regime" (an oxy-moron) is doing its best to assist the people of
iraq to have a real future. Unlike your terrorist friends who want to plunge
them back into hell.

John of Aix

Oct 27, 2003, 3:29:43 PM10/27/03

"haftkhat" <vd...@icqmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
9182773718...@ithinknot.net...
> fuck ramadan and everything stand for.
>
> Can you tell, as a good muslim, where
> you plan to blow up next ? so may be
> we can save some innocent lives.
>
> So please be nice by telling us your
> islam bombing schedule for ramadan.

How do you know these bombs were exploded by Muslims, no one else
does? Indeed the simple fact that they were used on the first day of
the holy month of Ramadan could be a deliberate pointer to a non
Islamist source, the Baa'ath party in short, which is a secular group
not a religous one.

miss calm

Oct 27, 2003, 7:02:37 AM10/27/03

"John of Aix" <j.murph...@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message

Joan, I told you before. Stick to defending Ch'iraq. Yes we all know that
the Ba'athists are not Muslims. How could they be Muslims? They come from
Iraq.

JFK

Oct 27, 2003, 8:01:25 PM10/27/03
> "JFK" <jona...@ipns.com> wrote in message
>
> > The U.S. military has blamed "foreign fighters" for a wave of suicide
> > bombings in Baghdad which left more than 30 people dead and at least
> > 200 wounded.
>
> The US regime should blame itself for creating the mess in the first
> place.
> This thrashing about and blaming everybody but themselves is, frankly,
> pathetic.

Remember that the World community is contributing money now to rebuild
Iraq (When Bangladesh one of the poorest countries in the World is
giving 500,000 tones of tea bags to help the people of Iraq, Iranian
government says that they will send more visitors to Najaf, and
Karbala for the holly visits in order to boost Iraq's economy!!!
You read between the lines yourself my comrade .

Those who can't see America succeeding in progress of fighting
terrorism, bringing peace in Middle East, disarming the bad guys in
the region, and surely NOT want to see Iraq on the path of recovery
will do their worst now.

But in my humble opinion this is only a short-term problem. Few bombs
here and there, after Iraqi people seeing their own daughters and sons
getting killed, they will hand us over these foreign fighters so we
can take them to our private resort in Cuba and have our detail
information in order to execute our plan. I think we should name it
前peration Akhonda Out - Free Iran".

We should be just fine a year from now when the World experience the
comfort and peace (Brought by who else than our commander in chief
George .W. Bush) who is personally keeping his eyes firmly focused on
every little move made by the terrorists.

miss calm

Oct 27, 2003, 8:07:30 AM10/27/03

"JFK" <jona...@ipns.com> wrote in message
> 'Operation Akhonda Out - Free Iran".

> We should be just fine a year from now when the World experience the
> comfort and peace (Brought by who else than our commander in chief
> George .W. Bush) who is personally keeping his eyes firmly focused on
> every little move made by the terrorists.

Inshallah! (I only said that to wind up Ala....I declare that just to save
him from posting)

miss calm

Oct 27, 2003, 8:27:07 AM10/27/03

"Ernest" <leuco...@seanet.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

You have to respect their relegion. In Christianity hate, murder and revenge
are regarded as sins. In Islam they are regarded as a virtues. The Koran
commands men to beat their wives and murder is religious duty.

j kangaroo

Oct 27, 2003, 11:29:43 PM10/27/03
"Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<f462e2c37b9e3fd07ff...@mygate.mailgate.org>...

bravo.
leucoplast and mushroom both deserve accolades for these gems.

Ernest

Oct 28, 2003, 12:28:59 AM10/28/03

"Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Sure I can imagine it. Let's be honest here. You know they would do exactly
what you said if they could, and damn the consequences.

Big Ben

Oct 28, 2003, 7:44:33 AM10/28/03

>> > Could you imagine if Muslims celebrated Ramadan by invading Christian
> > countries, carpet bombing their populations and destroying their
> > infrastructure and livelihood? Do they have Christmas carols about
> > roasting chestnuts on whole neighbourhoods turned to charcoal by cruise
> > missiles?
>
> Sure I can imagine it. Let's be honest here. You know they would do exactly
> what you said if they could, and damn the consequences.

Not true.

Ernest

Oct 28, 2003, 11:05:09 AM10/28/03

"Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Really? Muslims consider suicide bombing civilian Women and Children to be
heroic but you think that they would draw the line at carpet bombing?

Big Ben

Oct 28, 2003, 11:12:46 AM10/28/03

> > Not true.
>
> Really? Muslims consider suicide bombing civilian Women and Children to be
> heroic but you think that they would draw the line at carpet bombing?

No they don't. It is the way it is presented to you.

I could say (with equal conviction)that Americans consider the hi tec
bombing of Third World towns and cities as being desirable and
"civilised".
Not only that, they consider the mass murder of brown people and the
ruination of their property as merely "collateral damage".

The above may come as a surprise to you, but that is how it looks to
non-Americans.

E. Barry Bruyea

Oct 28, 2003, 11:51:09 AM10/28/03
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:44:33 +0000 (UTC), "Big Ben"
<mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Ernest" <leuco...@seanet.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

>> > countries, carpet bombing their populations and destroying their
>> > infrastructure and livelihood? Do they have Christmas carols about
>> > roasting chestnuts on whole neighbourhoods turned to charcoal by cruise
>> > missiles?

Islamic Terrorists have never been particular about religious
holidays; theirs or anyone elses.

Ernest

Oct 28, 2003, 12:31:55 PM10/28/03

> "Ernest" <leuco...@seanet.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > Not true.
> >
> > Really? Muslims consider suicide bombing civilian Women and Children to
be
> > heroic but you think that they would draw the line at carpet bombing?
>

> No they don't. It is the way it is presented to you.

When was the last time that you saw Americans dancing in the streets and
firing their rifles into the air after a US attack on a terrorist
stronghold? For that matter, when was the last time that you saw Americans
celebrating an attack on any people, brown or otherwise? On the otherhand,
these kinds of celebratory behaviors occur in Arab-Muslim nations
frequently, as reported by Al Jazeera. They even cheered when the World
Trade Center towers were destroyed. I think it's safe to assume that
Americans would have reacted differently had it been the other way around.

miss calm

Oct 28, 2003, 1:06:03 AM10/28/03

"> "Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com>

Another Mushroom eater! Must be a relation of Pacifist.

Big Ben

Oct 28, 2003, 1:15:23 PM10/28/03

> When was the last time that you saw Americans dancing in the streets and
> firing their rifles into the air after a US attack on a terrorist
> stronghold? For that matter, when was the last time that you saw Americans
> celebrating an attack on any people, brown or otherwise? On the otherhand,
> these kinds of celebratory behaviors occur in Arab-Muslim nations
> frequently, as reported by Al Jazeera. They even cheered when the World
> Trade Center towers were destroyed. I think it's safe to assume that
> Americans would have reacted differently had it been the other way around.

I don't live in America but people have posted to the Iranian NG saying
that they saw how the Americans were giving high fives when the Iranian
civilian Airbus was shot down over the Iranian territory killing
hundreds of Iranian passengers.

Judging by the posts that we see to the usenet, there are plenty of
triumphalist, bloodthirsty Americans around.

Now, please understand that I am not saying that all Americans are
bloodthirsty bastards, but you have a fair few among you and, after all,
it is said more civilians have already died in Afghanistan than died in
NY on Sept 11, 2001 and the Iraqi deaths are piling up, too.
America is doing the killing.
Furthermore, those who dance at seeing America's misery, are those who
have suffered at the hands of American clients, be it their own rulers
(Saudi, Egypt Jordan etc.) or the foreign invders who stole their land,
Israel.

It is all fine and dandy to feel that you are right and everyone else is
a ruffian, but it is not realistic. There are two sides to every
argument and the Americans frequently give the impression that they
don't understand this
basic fact.

Ala

Oct 28, 2003, 8:15:29 PM10/28/03
"Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<388a08f636573f4a875...@mygate.mailgate.org>...

> "Ernest" <leuco...@seanet.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>
> > When was the last time that you saw Americans dancing in the streets and
> > firing their rifles into the air after a US attack on a terrorist
> > stronghold? For that matter, when was the last time that you saw Americans
> > celebrating an attack on any people, brown or otherwise? On the otherhand,
> > these kinds of celebratory behaviors occur in Arab-Muslim nations
> > frequently, as reported by Al Jazeera. They even cheered when the World
> > Trade Center towers were destroyed. I think it's safe to assume that
> > Americans would have reacted differently had it been the other way around.
>

> I don't live in America but people have posted to the Iranian NG saying
> that they saw how the Americans were giving high fives when the Iranian
> civilian Airbus was shot down over the Iranian territory killing
> hundreds of Iranian passengers.

no true.
i saw nothing but sorrow.
but people bought it as a mistake.
i do not believe it was a mistake.

gyAth-Abadi

Oct 28, 2003, 10:03:12 PM10/28/03
"Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bfc8d56f2abf2bb10d8...@mygate.mailgate.org>...

bullshit. Here is what is your leader's wish.

RAFSANJANI SAYS MUSLIMS SHOULD USE NUCLEAR WEAPON AGAINST ISRAEL

TEHRAN 14 Dec. (IPS) One of Iran's most influential ruling cleric called
Friday on the Muslim states to use nuclear weapon against Israel,
assuring them that while such an attack would annihilate Israel, it would
cost them "damages only".

"If a day comes when the world of Islam is duly equipped with the arms
Israel has in possession, the strategy of colonialism would face a
stalemate because application of an atomic bomb would not leave any thing
in Israel but the same thing would just produce damages in the Muslim
world", Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani told the crowd at the
traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.

Analysts said not only Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani's speech was the strongest
against Israel, but also this is the first time that a prominent leader
of the Islamic Republic openly suggests the use of nuclear weapon against
the Jewish State.

"It seems that Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani is forgetting that due to the
present intertwinement of Israel and Palestine, the destruction of the
Jewish State would also means the mass killing of Palestinian population
as well", observed one Iranian commentator.

While Israel is believed to possess between 100 to 200 nuclear war heads,
the Islamic Republic and Iraq are known to be working hard to produce
their own atomic weapons with help from Russia and North Korea, Pakistan,
also a Muslim state, has already a certain number of nuclear bomb.

In a lengthy speech to mark the so-called "International Qods (Jerusalem)
Day" celebrated in Iran only, Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani, who, as the
Chairman of the Assembly to Discern the Interests of the State, is the
Islamic Republic's number two man after Ayatollah Ali Khameneh'i, said
since Israel was an emanation of Western colonialism therefore "in future
it will be the interests of colonialism that will determine existence or
non-existence of Israel".

Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani made the unprecedented threat as, following new
suicide operations inside Israel and against Israeli settlements by
Palestinian extremists in PA-controlled zones, responded by Israel's
heaviest bombarding of Palestinian cities, police, communication and
radio-television installations, killing and wounding more than 200 people
on both sides, resulted in the halting of all contacts between Israel and
the PA of Mr. Yaser Arafat.

He said since Israel is the product of Western colonialism, "the
continued existence of Israel depends on interests of arrogance and
colonialism and as long as the base is helpful for colonialism, it is
going to keep it.

Hashemi-Rafsanjani advised Western states not to pin their hopes on
Israel's violence because it will be "very dangerous".

"We are not willing to see security in the world is harmed", he said,
warning against the "eruption of the Third World War.

"War of the pious and martyrdom seeking forces against peaks of
colonialism will be highly dangerous and might fan flames of the World
War III", the former Iranian president said, backing firmly suicide
operations against Israel.

Quoted by the official news agency IRNA, Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani said
weakening of Palestinian Jihad is "unlikely", as the Palestinians have
come to the conclusion that talks would be effective only "in light of
struggle and self-sacrifice- the two key elements that gave way to
beginning of the second Intifada".
Iranian analysts and commentators outside Iran immediately reacted to Mr.
Hashemi-Rafsanjani's statement, expressing fear that it might trigger an
international backlash against Iran itself, giving Israel, the United
States and other Western and even Arab nations to further isolate Iran as
a source of threat to regional security.
"Jews shall expect to be once again scattered and wandering around the
globe the day when this appendix is extracted from the region and the
Muslim world", Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani warned, blaming on the United
States and Britain the "creation of the fabricated entity" in the heart
of Arab and Muslim world.

"The man who considers himself as the most able politician in the Islamic
Republic utters such nonsense and empty threats at a very time that the
hard line and extremist government of Israel under Mr. Ariel Sharon is
looking for justification of its repressive policy against Palestinians",
said Mr. Ahmad Salamatian, a veteran political analyst based in Paris.

"At a time that the right wing Israeli government is claiming that the
very existence of Israel and the Jews are threatened and uses this
pretext as an instrument to advance its policy of repression in
Palestine, such statements and ushering such dangerous menaces by one of
Iran's top officials is nothing but bringing water to Israel's propaganda
mill, providing it with more justifications explaining its present
maximalist policy", he told the Persian service of Radio France
Internationale.

Though Mr. Salamatian is of the opinion that Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani's
words are part of both his own show and the ongoing internal tensions
between conservatives and reformers, however, he also agrees with other
Iranian analysts that his "untimely" menace could backfire, becoming a
justification for threats against Iran, at a time that the United States
and its allies are determined to continue the fight against international
terrorism.

"One of Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani's main characteristics in Iranian politics
during the past twenty years is that in order to preserve his own
position, he is ready to set fire to all the Caesareas for one
handkerchief, including, in the present case, providing Israel with
enough pretext to attack Iran", he noted, adding: "for the time being and
what is important for Mr. Sharon is that this kind of statements are open
invitation for more violence, an encouragement to extremists on either
side of the Israel-Palestine conflict".

Observing that despite the fact that Israel is believed to have more than
one hundred atomic warheads and the necessary technology to transport
them to the very heart of Iran and elsewhere, but no Israeli official nor
any newspaper have ever raised the slightest possibility of an atomic
threat, "even in defence of their very existence", Mr. Salamatian
wondered the reasons behind Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani's declaration, which
he said should be taken seriously "considering the rank of the man who
pronounced it". ENDS RAFSANJANI NUKE THREATS 141201

www.iran-press-service.com/articles_2001/dec_
2001/rafsanjani_nuke_threats_141201.htm

Ernest

Oct 28, 2003, 11:11:39 PM10/28/03

"Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote

> I don't live in America but people have posted to the Iranian NG saying
> that they saw how the Americans were giving high fives when the Iranian
> civilian Airbus was shot down over the Iranian territory killing
> hundreds of Iranian passengers.

First of all, hearing rumors of a couple of drunken college students at a
local tavern "high fiven" each other is not the same as seeing repeated
images of sober Muslims dancing and shooting. The Iranian plane being shot
down was an international tragedy, and no sane person would say otherwise.
The kidnapping of the US hostages in Iran was also a tragedy. Both could
have been used as a justification for a war between Iran and the US but
neither side chose to pursue that course. Iran was considered an ally to the
US at one point, way back, and before the 9/11 WTC events, relations were
beginning to thaw. Now, it might be to late for that but I still have hope.

> Judging by the posts that we see to the usenet, there are plenty of
> triumphalist, bloodthirsty Americans around.

It's one thing to get onto the Usenet and post a bunch of anonymous
crap -some people use it as a way to vent anger and rage but that does not
mean that most of the people who post angry comments on the Usenet would go
out onto the streets and cheer for death and destruction. America is not as
bloodthirsty as you might think, and if you give us a choice, I think that
most Americans would rather share peace with the Muslims instead of constant
and basically pointless fighting but that doesn't mean that the US is going
to back down if the Muslims want a war. Destroying the WTC was clearly an
invitation to further hostilities, as was the kidnapping of the US hostages
in Iran, the attacks on the Marine barracks in Jordan, the hijacking of the
Achille Lauro, the downing of PanAm flight 103, the attack on the USS Cole,
and the bombing of the military housing in Saudi Arabia just to name a few.
Pile all of that together and add the camera shots of Muslims dancing for
joy when civilians are murdered, and over time, and I think it's
understandable if Americans begin to wonder if Arab Muslims are sociopathic
animals.

> Now, please understand that I am not saying that all Americans are
> bloodthirsty bastards, but you have a fair few among you and, after all,
> it is said more civilians have already died in Afghanistan than died in
> NY on Sept 11, 2001 and the Iraqi deaths are piling up, too.

Al Qada planned (and indirectly) launched it's attacks on the US from
Afghanistan, and the former Taliban government there supported them. Any
reasonable nation would see that as an act of open war. That is how the US
responded. Those civilians and members of the Taliban would not have died if
they had not attacked us first. Why do you not blame the Taliban and Osama
Bin Laden for all of those deaths? How do you think that Iran would have
responded if the Afghan supported Al Qada had attacked them in that way?
Now, take that a step further and imagine how Iran would have reacted if
Iran had the same military that the US has. Would Iran have tried, whenever
possible, to avoid killing civilians as the US has?

The US attacked Saddam's military force, and destroyed it. Whether you view
the war as justified or not, the fact remains that Saddam (an Arab) was a
violent and murderous tyrant to his own people, as well as the Iranians and
the Kuwaitis. Where was the Arab outrage over his behavior? For 12 years,
Iraq was under UN sanctions and thousands of Iraqi's died as a result of
that but the Arabs blamed the US for that without once considering that the
sanctions could have been quickly ended if Saddam had either stepped down or
worked in good faith with the UN weapons inspectors. Saddam was directly
responsible for the deaths of millions of Muslims during his wars with Iran
and Kuwait, and by his Baathist supporters against the Shiite and Kurdish
people in his own country. Where the hell was the Arab Muslim outrage over
his behavior? It looks as if the Arab Muslims don't even give a damn about
their own people unless they can find some way to blame their suffering on
the US, and only then to do they act upset. Why didn't the Muslim Arab
nations around Iraq step in and put a stop to Saddam's horrific behavior? It
doesn't take much of an imagination to think of likely reasons for their
indifference but they didn't even pretend to offer assistance when the US
finally decided that it was time for Saddam to go. No, instead, they joined
the french in trying to protect Saddam. I do not understand Arab behavior in
this at all. In no way can Saddam's actions be justified yet the Muslim
Arabs made (and still make) a decision to back a truly bloodthirsty and
murderous tyrant who prey's on Arab Muslims. To give you a further example
of the bizarre Arab Muslim behavior in Iraq, look at the most recent suicide
bombing in Iraq. Again, those attacks are made by Arab Muslims on Arab
Muslims, and most of the people who are being killed are, not surprisingly,
Arab Muslims. It's as if Arab Muslims want to see Iraqi's die, whether it's
at the hands of Saddam, or other Arab Muslims. Where the hell were these
"brave" suicide bombers when Saddam was busily killing and torturing
thousands of his own people, and Iranians, and Kuwaitis? They were likely at
home, watching Al Jazeera. They certainly were not doing anything to stop
Saddam or protect the Iraqi people. Before the US invasion, Arab Muslims
could not have cared less about the Iraqi's. So don't talk to me about
people dying in Iraq because if you're an Arab Muslim or a frenchman, their
blood is on your hands because you never cared enough to help them when they
needed it most.

> America is doing the killing.

America is not targeting civilians. If civilians are dying, it's because of
the Arab Muslim suicide bombers -who bravely dress as civilians so they can
blend in better and get closer to their targets. How are the American
soldiers supposed to tell the difference between the civilians and the
suicide bombers? Can you answer that for me?

> Furthermore, those who dance at seeing America's misery, are those who
> have suffered at the hands of American clients, be it their own rulers
> (Saudi, Egypt Jordan etc.) or the foreign invders who stole their land,
> Israel.

Don't you get it? Tell me this; who is directly causing the misery of the
Arab Muslims in Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Iran, Libya, etc. etc. It's not
the US. It's the leaders of those nations. Ah, but who do they blame for
their misery? That's right, the US. It's always the US. No matter how badly
the Arab Muslim leaders of those nations treat their own people, those
abused peoples always find some bizarre way to blame the US for it. Do you
think the US would be mad or angry if the leaders of Saudi Arabia treated
their people as human? Do you think the US would like for the leaders of
Iran to treat their people with respect? If the people of Syria asked the US
to help them remove their oppressive leaders, do you think the US would say
no? Of course, if the US did help the Arab Muslim peoples remove their
tyrannical leaders and build their own democracies, those same Arab Muslims
would probably turn around and suicide bomb the US as a way of saying "thank
you."

> It is all fine and dandy to feel that you are right and everyone else is
> a ruffian, but it is not realistic. There are two sides to every
> argument and the Americans frequently give the impression that they
> don't understand this
> basic fact.

You are absolutely correct. There are two sides to every issue. There is
obviously very much that Arab Muslims and Americans do no understand about
each other, and constant violence and hatred does not help the situation.
Speaking for myself, I would rather live in peace with the Arab Muslims,
even if I do not understand them. I don't know if that's possible but
considering the on-going alternative, peace seems like a better choice.

RBRK

Oct 29, 2003, 10:50:09 AM10/29/03
mash_...@mailandnews.com (gyAth-Abadi) wrote in

I along with many others have sent this article all over the world.
Have you noticed RasmanJaani is so quiet these days ;-)

Big Ben

Oct 29, 2003, 1:08:22 PM10/29/03

I think we agree on a lot of things, particularly your conclusion that

"I don't know if that's possible but considering the on-going

alternative, peace seems like a better choice",
so I keep this brief.
Please do not think that this is obstinacy on my part. It more or less
echoes the views of many in the non-American "South".

1-) You say only a few Americans rejoiced at the downing of the Iranian
Airbus.
I say relatively few Muslims (out of 1 billion) danced in the streets at
9/11.
You dismiss the postings on the internet as being a minority view, I see
the same things being said on CNN and elsewhere (just using bigger
words) by various (mainly Jewish) NeoCons on CNN and in print.
You point out the unfortunate hostage taking by the Iranians. I would
compare the number of the Americans who died in the hostage taking
(NONE) with the over 200 Iranians who were murdered in cold blood on the
airbus.

I don't think there will be much mileage to be gained here. I would
only repeat what we agree on that there are two sides to every argument.

2-) You enumerate a few terrorist atrocities. I point out that
"terrorism is poor man's war and war is poor man's terrorism". America
has waged wars of aggression, directly or by proxy all over the Third
World and, in Afghanistan and Iraq, has murdered far more civilians than
those who perished during 9/11.
In Iraq's case, that country's government (nasty and brutal as it was)
had nothing to do with 9/11 and had no weapons of mass destruction. The
Bush regime told lies to justify the war. If you are an American, you
should be concerned about this.

3-) You say that most Muslim nations are misruled by corrupt and
tyrannical rulers and I fully agree. However, my observation is that
every time America has intervened in the Muslim world, it has made
matters worse. The Taliban came to power with American (via their
Pakistani allies' backing). In Pakistan itself, the democratically
elected Prime Minister was deposed and hanged by an American-backed
general. Saddam came to power with a CIA-assisted plot. Bin Laden was
initially backed by the Americans to fight the Russians, before that
monster turned on Americans. The corrupt Al Saud family depend heavily
on America for survival as do the other rulers of the statelets in the
Persian Gulf. The CIA coup in 1953 and its subsequent 26 year espousal
of the Shah, snuffed out democracy in Iran for two generations and we
still suffer from the consequences.
As for America's sponsorship of the terrorist, apartheid Israeli
government, I just could write pages....

Basically, if America doesn't meddle in the Middle East, it is better
for all concerned, including America. The point is that we need to sell
the oil and you need to buy the oil. It is a myth that we want to cut
off the oil as that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.
Whoever is in charge will need to sell oil and left to their own
devices, people are likely to choose better leaders than those supported
by the American oil companies.

HECK.... I wanted to keep this short!! I'd better go away.

Peace.

gyAth-Abadi

Oct 29, 2003, 8:40:52 PM10/29/03
RBRK <rb...@rbrk.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94236E6458...@216.77.188.16>...

I know. The credit goes to you. I got this from your post
and thank you again :)

RBRK

Oct 29, 2003, 9:27:28 PM10/29/03
Fadaat besham Aziz:

Aslan Manzouram oon nabood ke fekr kardi. Fekr mikonam Bad motavajeh shodi.

Har che beeshtar in joor maghaaleh haa pakhsh besheh behtareh. hameh
baayad komak konand. Kheili Khosh haalam ke shomaa ham az oon estefaadeh
kardid.

Mardom, makhsousan gharbi haa zood mozo raa faraamoush mikonand.

Be omid Azadieh Iran
Marg bar Jomhurieh eslaami

Big Ben

Oct 30, 2003, 4:55:28 AM10/30/03
"Big Ben" <mushr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

ooops! I meant to type terrorism is poor man's war and war is RICH
man's terrorism!!

(More haste, less speed!)

gyAth-Abadi

Oct 30, 2003, 8:42:21 PM10/30/03
RBRK <rb...@rbrk.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9423DA6B2B...@216.77.188.16>...

My dear friend;

You are under estimating Mash_Ghasem. I wasn't being facetious. My apprication
was genuine and thank you for your efforts. I mean it.

best regards;
MG

marg bar Jomhurieh ekbArieh eslami
long live Iranian people