-English Speakers in France

Leyland_91

Jan 23, 2001, 12:28:24 PM1/23/01
The friendship group for those that live, work or holiday in France.
Le groupe amicale pour ceux qui vivre, travail ou passer leurs vacances en
France.

--
John Nelson (Moderator), Essonne, France.

http://bienvenue.to/esf-website
http://bienvenue.to/esf-egroup
http://bienvenue.to/esf-chatroom
http://bienvenue.to/esf-webforum

Peter J Lusby

Jan 23, 2001, 1:58:19 PM1/23/01

Leyland_91 wrote:

> The friendship group for those that live, work or holiday in France.
> Le groupe amicale pour ceux qui vivre, travail ou passer leurs vacances en
> France.
>
> --
> John Nelson (Moderator), Essonne, France.

This is not a very convincing piece of advertising. If your links with France
are as close as you seem to want to suggest, you could at least get someone
who speaks the language to correct your French.

Warm regards
Peter

--
"A dust whom England bore. shaped, made aware" - Rupert Brooke - The Soldier

Peter J Lusby
p...@Lusby.org
http://www.lusby.org

Blue

Jan 24, 2001, 10:01:25 AM1/24/01
Silly questions I know but wonder if someone can help.
The three accent marks above the word / and \ and ^. What are they called
in English, is one called a grav and if so what are the others called. I
know they are for pronounciation.

Thanks in advance
Blue

Leyland_91 <leyla...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

Dick Jackson

Jan 24, 2001, 12:38:29 PM1/24/01
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:01:25 +0800, "Blue" <Bl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Silly questions I know but wonder if someone can help.
>The three accent marks above the word / and \ and ^. What are they called
>in English, is one called a grav and if so what are the others called. I
>know they are for pronounciation.

Dunno, but the ^ upside down is called a hatcheck in Czech.

Dick J.

Peter J Lusby

Jan 24, 2001, 1:29:04 PM1/24/01
Blue wrote:

> The three accent marks above the word / and \ and ^. What are they called
> in English, is one called a grav and if so what are the others called.

acute (/), grave (\)(pronounced "grarve") and circumflex (^).

Peter J Lusby

Jan 24, 2001, 1:32:15 PM1/24/01

"J.Prescott" wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:58:19 -0800, Peter J Lusby <p...@lusby.org>
> wrote:
>

> >Leyland_91 wrote:
> >
> >> The friendship group for those that live, work or holiday in France.
> >> Le groupe amicale pour ceux qui vivre, travail ou passer leurs vacances en
> >> France.
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Nelson (Moderator), Essonne, France.
> >
> >This is not a very convincing piece of advertising. If your links with France
> >are as close as you seem to want to suggest, you could at least get someone
> >who speaks the language to correct your French.
>

> Perhaps he's trying to make the point that only the thoroughly
> unWocabised are welcome, or rather, bienvenir.
>
> Joanna

Perhaps so. Nevetheless I to think he should to know the difference between an
infinitive and a verb that to be conjugated, and to employ the correct one.

To regard warmly

John A. Nugent, Sr.

Jan 24, 2001, 10:27:40 PM1/24/01
For one, I'm gratified to see that the UK is giving Japan a run for its
money in the speakers market, but France would be a tough place for Brits to
bring out a new line of electronics, it would seem to me.

"Leyland_91" <leyla...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

Blue

Jan 24, 2001, 11:49:37 PM1/24/01
Thanks Gang,