Digest for TheBlackList@topica.com, issue 618

1 view

TheBla...@topica.com

Mar 21, 2001, 4:53:39 AM3/21/01
-- Topica Digest --

(_)~~TheBlackList Information eMails ~~(_)
http://www.TheBlackList.net
Satisfying Our African Need To KNOW
ЙНННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННННЙ

TOO MUCH EMAIL? Goto:
http://theblacklist.net/theblacklist_facts.htm#preferences
(_)
Messages to TheBlackList MUST be in the PLAIN TEXT
Format. NO ATTACHMENTS!! NO HTML!!
(_)
Goto:
http://www.theMarcusGarveyBBS.com/BW-Events.htm
for EVENTS and Time Specific News
(_)
What's Your Opinion?
http://themarcusgarveybbs.community.everyone.net/
TheBlackList Discussion Forum
(_)(_)(_)(_)

Re: Message to White America
By nomm...@aol.com

Re: African Americans Branded by Corporations
By heroi...@hotmail.com

It is time that the truth be told!!
By o_akk...@msn.com

Adolf Hitler's influence on White America
By edi...@barutiwa.com

AfriCreations Highlights: Black Female Internet Pioneers
By cham...@africreations.com

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:50:23 -0800
From: nomm...@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TheBlackList] Message to White America

My Dear Brother:

I hear your questions loud and clear and read the article you mention.
However, let us be very real as to what time it is and has always been...

White America is AFRAID of the POWER of the African race (and by this I
mean
all of African descent who they have raped and pummeled through history)
and
therefore WILL NOT give up ANY POWER for our progress or benefit.

Why do we think that racism and prejudice (which I think the Ms Gray was
really referring to) has been around so long? It is to their advantage.
As
soon as too many of us were becoming educated at their fine institutions
of
Higher Learning (?) and making success in the work place--BOOM -- let's
restrict their access, let's make a new game. Less education, more jails.

These plans are not just scripted in the meantime; they are developed
light
years ahead and implemented now. The cue for us is not go along with this
"stuff" and not wait for white america to give us ANYTHING. I am totally
that the ingrained racism and prejudice in this land, for that matter in
this
world, is their master plan. We have to develop our own master plan and
stoop trying to get into a burning house.

We should be using their resources to build our communities, educate our
children, and strengthen our ties with our homelands. From what I
observe,
most others who have "made it" coming to this land have done so by holding
on
to their cultural ties, traditions, languages and cultures and using this
system. Our African brothers and sisters are doing it now (little Ghana
up
in Bronx New York). And while our experience in this country will always
be
subject to the horrendous circumstances of our history and the profound
racism of this Eurocentric culture, we must not be defeated by it!

What I suggest Ms Gray do is start and maintain an organization for whites
that will help them save themselves by facing up to their hatred of others
that don't look like them and acknowledging their role in the destruction
of
so many, many civilizations on this earth. As James Baldwin said, they
will
only be free of their wretchedness and self destruction when they fully
admit, understand and accept the Black man and woman's role on this earth
as
leader, creators and contributors to human history. And, I think, WE will
only be free when we accept our greatness as well.

Peace,
nommo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Message from the Sponsor ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make sure everyone in your family has a First Aid or Emergency Kit
from the Red Cross. The kits have all of the essentials to protect your
loved ones. And, they have kits for your home, car, or office. What
a thoughtful gift!

http://quinst.com/c.jsp?area=laipanqiezhaihao

If this link doesn't work when you click on it, cut and paste it into the
browser.
A Service of TheBlackList: http://www.TheBlackList.net

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 04:14:04 -0800
From: heroi...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TheBlackList] African Americans Branded by Corporations

I agree with you that we need to boycott companies that engage in negative
advertizing or actions against the greater Nubian community. The problem
is
while many people complain few do the real work of assigning a specific
target to that complaint.

My suggestion don't just state the problem, take the time and do the work
state a solution. You mentioned Guiness, are they the parent company? Are
you advocating boycotting guiness? Is guiness the main culprit? Don't just
state the problem, we're swimming in problems here, state the solution, be
part of more than deconstruction be part of the solution.

One boycott I have been advocating strongly in both writing and person, is
boycotting Shell. For reasons stated in more detail in a previous email.
But
in short Shell,the product of a former Nazi who became a dutch prince and
British Lord, this company has for 50years made an empire, billions of
dollars, by basically stealing the resources of a sovereign country, the
oil, with no reimbursement, and killing both the land, and the people who
live on the land. They are the most blatant of the gas companies.

And again I realize that all of the gas companies have major issues and
major flaws, but my solution is we need to start somewhere with someone.
And
let it be Shell, the most blatant and destructive of the Gas Companies.

An I realize Shell is everyplace, and you're going to get into situations
where you need to get Shell gas or risk running out of Gas And that's
understandable, but let us make Shell the exception, not the rule. The Gas
company of last resort. If we can get people to conciously avoid Shell
gas,
to begin to just frown and drive past it as a course of habit. Your
starting
something, something good I think, and fundamental.

I really do believe that economics will speak louder than marching, or
talking, or chanting, louder than everything except blood. Economics are
action. And economics are power. And realizing this and acting on it is
where victory lies.

So please lets get together a list of companies to boycott, something like
the rolling blackouts of California, we'll do rolling boycotts. Lets get
companies in different fields, hammer out what we're looking for the
boycott
to accomplish, whether to reduce prices, increase Nubian presence in upper
positions, etc. Decide on target cities, point men in each city, and begin
the process of longterm persistant profit drops in these regions. We must
remember Rosa Parks bus boycott took over three years and thousands of
people sacrificing and walking to work. But ultimately it worked because
we
spoke in the terms the establishment understands, we spoke in terms of
dollars and declining profit margins.

Let's get started. For more specific details, discussion, advice feel free
to email me. The time to stand up is now. Thanks.

p.s. have openings for seamstress, florists, others interested in raising
their own organic produce, and producing their own power in my current
shanty commune. Also have new property picked out in the perfect area,
organic garden already in place, house, everything, on 5 acres, looking
for
those to whom this sounds attractive. Looing for those who hear the call.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:19:43 -0800
From: o_akk...@msn.com
Subject: It is time that the truth be told!!

There has been many dynamic Black orators in the guise of Black leadership
and they claimed to have been on a mission of freedom,justice and equality
for Black folks in america. No greater lie has ever been told out of the
mouths of those great deceivers.For one to claim the status of a Black
leader one must be clear and pure in one soul as to where the maat path
will
lead in order for Blacks to enjoy the type of freedom we once enjoyed and
it
is certainly not in america. Any Black person who claim leadership among
Blacks in america and mislead them into thinking that freedom,justice and
equal treatment will be obtained in america puts on the garment of a
traitor
and agent of a deceiveing government,namely america.We have been
indoctrnated into thinking that placing Black children into a white
setting,
moving from the back of the bus to anyplace on the bus,sitting next to to
the oppressor in the resturant, using the same toilet this evil doer
use,recieving crumb contracts for work and call it affirmative action and
beg for limited number of token Black presence in the front of the
corperate door and call it quotas,we have been led to look at this as
being
all good and progressive stepts toward freedom,justice and equality.No
greater lie has ever been told to Black folks.
Freedom,justice and equality come from those who has the power and
authority
to grant it and such will not come from america to the Afrikan in america
and the Afrikan nation.It is not in the best intrest of america for such
be.So when your Black imposters potraying themselves as your leader tell
you
that freedom,justice and equality will rise from the bowls of this
beast,america, and embrace your Black bodies,no greater lie has ever been
told to black folks.Know your true leader only when they point you toward
the land of your ancient Afrikan ancestors for therein lies the
ingredients
of freedom,justice and equality for all Afrikaans people.To cry for
freedom,justice and equality for Afrikaans people absent of the cry for
repatriation become a mockery to those principles that was the foundation
upon which the true great leader delaney,vessey, garvey,Nhruma,
kenyette,Nzenga, Aassantiquan(TO NAME A FEW) stood and proclaimed their
loyalty,dedication and commitment to the Afrikan nation.
Oh how i regret that i have only one life to give in my fight for Afrikaas
emancipation.The true Black warrior settle for nothing less than
uncompromiseed absoloute emancipation of the Afrikan nation,for it is the
Black fool who says they have lost nothing in Afrika. The cry for the new
millinnum must be reparation with the right to repatriate as a new
soverign
state made up of the decendants of Afrikan slave and the slave traders and
enforcers must be made to admit their wrong doing against the Afrikan
nation. Any thing less should be unacceptable to the Afrikan nation and
more
especially to the decendants of Afrikan slaves.
Hoteph
Osiris Akkebala
chief elder
Pan-Afrikan Inter'National Movement (P.A.I.'N)

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:31:23 -0800
From: edi...@barutiwa.com
Subject: Adolf Hitler's influence on White America

A debate is underway at Barutiwa.Com's For Whites Only Forum on the
significance of Adolf Hitler's influence on White America. Can Hitler be
regarded as a major White leader of the 20th Century? Goto url
http://www.barutiwa.com/union to find out what others are saying.

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 02:33:00 -0800
From: cham...@africreations.com
Subject: AfriCreations Highlights: Black Female Internet Pioneers

> [...]
> book "Don't Believe The Hype: Fighting Cultural Misinformation About
> African Americans" is now in its eighth printing. She was recently
> named one of Alternet's "New Media Heroes." To read Pop and Politics
> exclusive informative and thought provoking news articles and to learn
> more about Chideya visit her web site at http://www.popandpolitics.com.
>
> 2. COMMUNITY SERVICE: ANITA BROWN
>
> Anita Brown is the founder of Black Geeks On Line and Heads^UP email
> bulletin. Black Geeks Online is a grassroots non profit corporation that
> has been on line for over five years and grew from just 18 to over
> 25,000 members. Anita Brown encourages technical professionals to serve
> as mentors, trainers and role models for black children and adults.
> Black Geeks On Line "Taking IT to the Streets" (July 5, 1997) was the
> first off-line event "designed to bring the 'Net to the un-connected."
> Anita Brown has received numerous honors and mass media coverage in
> print, television and radio . For more on Anita Brown's phenomenal
> success click on the following links:
> http://www.topblacks.com/technology/anita-brown.htm
> http://www.blackgeeks.org
>
> 3. E-COMMERCE: BETTY FORD
>
> The African American Shopping Mall has been on line for over five years.
> It is an on line mall run by Betty Ford. The mall has grown
> significantly and there are currently 225 active stores in the mall. As
> stated in a description of the mall it was "created to give the
> African-American merchant a place to showcase his or her wares, and to
> offer products and services of interest to the African-American
> community." Betty Ford (and the African American Shopping Mall) was
> featured in a major Business Week article October 5, 1998 and her online
> store City Boxers appeared in a Black Enterprise magazine article
> entitled "Invisible - And Loving It." A story about her also appeared
> in a class room textbook called "Managing Human Resources" by Luis R.
> Gomez-Mejia (3rd Edition). To visit and support the stores in the
> African American Shopping Mall click http://www.aasm.com
>
> (Note: I have been a long time member of Black Geeks On Line and the
> African American Shopping Mall. Also I will be an awardee of the MOBE
> Innovators & Influencers of the Internet & Technology award ......
> Delores)
>
> Delores Chamblin
> AfriCreations http://www.africreations.com
> Celebrating Black Women - This Month @ AfriCreations:
> http://www.africreations.com/p0002197

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Message from the Sponsor ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make sure everyone in your family has a First Aid or Emergency Kit
from the Red Cross. The kits have all of the essentials to protect your
loved ones. And, they have kits for your home, car, or office. What
a thoughtful gift!

http://quinst.com/c.jsp?area=laipanqiezhaihao

If this link doesn't work when you click on it, cut and paste it into the

Questions/Answers/Support/Feedback:
http://www.theMarcusGarveyBBS.com/board/1022.html

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, some material is provided
to a limited and defined audience for comment, background information,
research and/or educational purposes only, without permission from the
copyright owner(s), under the "fair use" provisions of the federal
copyright laws. These materials may not be distributed for other purposes
without permission of the copyright owner(s).

End of TheBla...@topica.com digest, issue 618