April 1st story?

1 view

Tadas Blinda

Jan 5, 2011, 3:22:08 AM1/5/11
This sounds to me more like an April 1st story than a January 4th
story ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lithuania launches national perfume

Lithuania is pioneering a new type of national symbol to convey the
character of the ex-Soviet Baltic state in a fragrant way: with a
bottle of perfume.

Lithuania's foreign ministry has already sent bottles of the new
fragrance to all ambassadors accredited to Vilnius. Soon it will be
the turn of Lithuanian embassies abroad.

The project with olfactory appeal is "a good example of how to
communicate Lithuania to the public in an innovative way," according
to a foreign ministry statement.

"We wanted to create something special, representing Lithuania and the
Lithuanian character, " Mindaugas Stongvilas, an expert in emotional
communication behind the project told the Lithuanian daily „Vilniaus
diena“.

The perfume "Lithuania" is a blend of sandalwood, cedar and musk
intended to connote the Indo-European origins of the Lithuanian
language as well as Lithuanian strength of character, its designer
says.

"For Lithuanians to identify themselves with this perfume, we've added
the smell of wood fires that can be associated with pagan rituals, as
well as moss and wildflowers," Stongvilas said.

The creation of the perfume has been entrusted to France's Galimard
perfume from Grasse on the Riviera which has been in business since
1747. The first thousand bottles were produced for more than 100,000
litai (28,900 euros).

Scented "Feeling Lithuania" candles are also to go on sale next month
while an entire line of products is being designed.

EZ

Jan 5, 2011, 7:23:17 AM1/5/11

pretty funny - or as they say - 'juokas pro asaras'

but - what is your source - Ginti?

Best regards,
EZ

EZ

Jan 5, 2011, 3:35:46 PM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 7:23 am, EZ <zvi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 3:22 am, Tadas Blinda <tadas.bli...@lycos.es> wrote:
>

> > This sounds to me more like an April 1st story than a January 4th
> > story ...

I was trying to find this in Lithuanian media (diena.lt) and I could
not find it. I could find this news in English in Australia though.

Best regards,
EZ

Vidas

Jan 5, 2011, 8:31:44 PM1/5/11

Evaldai

http://www.diena.lt/naujienos/ekonomika/salies-ivaizdis-kuo-kvepia-lietuva-322420

LRT.LT then reposted it the same day. AFP newswire published an
english translation of part of the original article on 1/3/2011.

EZ

Jan 6, 2011, 10:24:34 AM1/6/11
On Jan 5, 8:31 pm, Vidas <darsiau...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2:35 pm, EZ <zvi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I was trying to find this in Lithuanian media (diena.lt) and I could
> > not find it. I could find this news in English in Australia though.
>
> > Best regards,
> > EZ
>
> Evaldai
>
> http://www.diena.lt/naujienos/ekonomika/salies-ivaizdis-kuo-kvepia-li...

> LRT.LT then reposted it the same day. AFP newswire published an
> english translation of part of the original article on 1/3/2011.

Ačiū Vidai!

I guess there is no crisis for perfume distributors - they financed
this idea fully with their own money.

To me it is a funny idea - and I do not know if anybody will buy
this ;)
I hope they do not get their inspiration from Patrick Süskind (Das
Parfum)

Best regards,
EZ

Ostap Bender

Jan 9, 2011, 12:57:29 AM1/9/11
On Jan 5, 12:22 am, Tadas Blinda <tadas.bli...@lycos.es> wrote:
> This sounds to me more like an April 1st story than a January 4th
> story ...
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Lithuania launches national perfume

Maybe they are on to something. People play national anthems and raise
national flags at Olympics and other sports events. That stimulates
the senses of sight and hearing. What about other senses?

What if before each international sports event, they also released
national odour of the participating countries and distributed national
foods?

Let's see....

France - ripe muenster cheese

China - 100 year old egg

Thailand - kaffir leaves with basil and lemongrass

Malaysia -` durian

Germany - Limburger cheese

Italy - garlic

Israel - garlic with a cut off tip

Russia - a mixture of ethanol and the smell of entranceways to
Russian apartment buildings with broken front door locks (if you know
what I mean)

India - perspiration

Hungary - paprika

Spain - paprika smoked at an auto-da-fé

Jamaica - smoke from top quality grass with allspice

California - second hand smoke from the Jamaican national odour

Norway - lutefisk

Iceland -` lutefisk aged at room temperature for 10 years

USA - gunpowder

UK - second hand smoke from the US national odour

Poland - second hand smell of the entranceway to the US lower colon

Lithuania - exactly same as Polish, but make it smell differently!

Belarus - exactly same as Russian, but make it smell very differently.
And please throw in the natural gas for free!

Georgia - a pungent bouquet consisting of a mixture of the US, Polish
and Russian national odours.

Venezuela and Iran - a mixture of oil with lots of hot air, a US-made
cigarette lighter optional

Japan - uni

Korea - same as Japanese, but cheaper

West Ukraine - the smell that remains after Russian, Polish, East
Ukrainian, Hungarian, Jewish and all other foreign smells are
suppressed and then expelled, and then ethanol (but not Moskal wheat
vodka! only pure potato horylka please!), the Polish national odour,
beets and salo are added back in

I bet such ceremonies will be very popular with spectators, and I bet
that attendance records will be reached at all events involving
Jamaica.