Globull Warming

brew...@ecn.ab.ca

Feb 21, 2001, 4:53:29 PM2/21/01
Protecting your investment in Global Warming,
free trade, and what to do to a government
that pays for both.

Since the U.S.A. has been unusually cool, and Canada has
been getting winter highs of the century, whether we hav global
warming is like flat Earth, so the topics are how much global
warming and to what effects.

We sweat to stay cool, so it should not surprize you
that the reverse is also true: oceans cool the air of the Earth,
which takes up moisture in the process. Should we emphasize the
air's temperature more heavily or the coolant's?

Merely because water's temperature is rising more
quickly than that of the air, Robert Matthews of the London
Daily Telegraph in the Edmonton Journal of Sunday (2001-01-14),
told you to ignore it as a measure of global warming. That is
like blowing on a thermometer to measure your health, since it
wil measure when you went from the Mojave Dessert to the Yukon
instead of your health.

Since most of the world's population lives near the
coast or coastal inlets, any warming of oceans to melt ice-caps
wil result in evidence of global warming too late: flooding if
not huge amounts of snow in the maritimes if not ice-storms in
Quebec. Consider that too much heat could cause more moisture
to pass the mountains to later mix with arctic air in the east.

The water's temperature should be more stable than the
air's. Since it takes more enerjy to raise the temperature of
water than it takes to heat air (either by mass or volume:
Joules per gram per degree Celsius or Joules per Litre per
degree Celsius), we should weight the water's temperature *more*
heavily.

_______This is part of a thread. The full text with
explanatory hyperlinks and more examples will soon be at
http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/free_trade/cost.htm

Wayne Lundberg

Feb 21, 2001, 9:13:23 PM2/21/01

<brew...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in message news:3a94...@ecn.ab.ca...

> Protecting your investment in Global Warming,
> free trade, and what to do to a government
> that pays for both.

Puny little mankind has nothing to do with climate changes on the earth. The
cycle has repeated itself as the globe gimbals on it's axis every 30 to 40
thousand years. Arizona was a rain forest when the first Asiatics roamed and
hunted some 33,000 years ago.

Don't be suckered in by the liberals who believe they know it all and can
thus control even God's creation.

Emil Guzik

Feb 23, 2001, 12:19:03 AM2/23/01

> Puny little mankind has nothing to do with climate changes on the earth. The
> cycle has repeated itself as the globe gimbals on it's axis every 30 to 40
> thousand years. Arizona was a rain forest when the first Asiatics roamed and
> hunted some 33,000 years ago.
>
> Don't be suckered in by the liberals who believe they know it all and can
> thus control even God's creation.

The problem is not with earth becoming warmer but the rate is too fast. This
will cause more of the land mass being under water, more severe storms which
is already happening, and upsetting of the ecology like the salmon disappearing
because the water is too warm. The end result will be less land to live on
when the population growth is overwhelming , and a decrease in food supply to
feed this burgeoning population. I beleive in God but God gave us brains to
help us avoid an earth catastrophe

Emil Guzik

Feb 23, 2001, 12:29:14 AM2/23/01