ARE YOU GHETTO? QUIZ

Richard Dickerson

May 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/27/96
to DJ...@aol.com

THE "ARE YOU GHETTO" QUIZ

-If the rims on your car cost more than your car...you
might be ghetto.
-If "Mybabyfavah" or "Mybabymovah" is the name of your
significant other...you might be ghetto.
-If your daughter's name stars with a syllable rhyming with
"La" and ends with "Qua" or "Ta"...you might be ghetto.
-If your grandmother is under 40...you might be ghetto.
-If your 4-year-old can't talk, but can do the "Tootsie
Roll"...you might be ghetto.
-If you do not have a job, but your hair and nails are done
on a weekly basis...you might be ghetto.
-If 'arts and crafts' aids (such as spray paint, glue, and
glitter) are hair aids to you...you might be ghetto.
-If you sleep in a chair at night to avoid messing up your
hair...you might be ghetto.
-If you do NOT have your own place, do NOT have your own
car, and simply do NOT have your own anything, but your 2-year-
old has a 3/4 length coat...you might be ghetto.

E.G. Land

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

In article <31AA51...@ccnet.com>,

Funny, but don't expect much of a response.

Too many fancy Negroes around here...

BARD

Apryl

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

In <31AA51...@ccnet.com> Richard Dickerson <kb...@ccnet.com> started
some stuff by sayint:

>THE "ARE YOU GHETTO" QUIZ

> -If your grandmother is under 40...you might be ghetto.

If your grandmother wears a jogging suit and a pager, and tells you to
'Hit me up on it later .....you might be ghetto

If you wait for a sale at Payless Shoes... you might be ghetto

If you have a refridgerator on your front porch... you might be ghetto

Apryl
Who has a clincher, but she's holding it out for few

E.G. Land

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

In article <4oe421$i...@dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>,

Y'all done got the BARD's interest...

If your car cost more than your house...

If you think Whitney Houston is all that...

If you watch Rickey Lake...

If you appear on Rickey lake

If you are Rickey Lake (just had to throw that in)

If your favorite cuss word is "shit."

If your favorite noun is "shit."

If your favorite verb is "shit."

If the only books in your house are the telephone book and
_Waiting to Exhale_.

If you call all Asians "those Korean motherfuckers."

If you think the BARD is whack...

BARD

brian odom

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

ap...@ix.netcom.com(Apryl) writes:

>In <31AA51...@ccnet.com> Richard Dickerson <kb...@ccnet.com> started
>some stuff by sayint:
>
>>THE "ARE YOU GHETTO" QUIZ

>> -If your grandmother is under 40...you might be ghetto.

>If your grandmother wears a jogging suit and a pager, and tells you to
>'Hit me up on it later .....you might be ghetto

>If you wait for a sale at Payless Shoes... you might be ghetto

wait for a sale at payless? when i can buy me some $125 shoes even though
i don't have a job?

>If you have a refridgerator on your front porch... you might be ghetto

if you have 2 tv's stacked up on top of each other in the living room
(1 for the sound and 1 for the fuzzy video), you might be ghetto.

--
brian odom

Kwesi Ako Kennedy

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96
to E.G. Land

E.G. Land wrote:

> In article <4oe421$i...@dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>,
> Apryl <ap...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >In <31AA51...@ccnet.com> Richard Dickerson <kb...@ccnet.com> started
> >some stuff by sayint:
> >
> >>THE "ARE YOU GHETTO" QUIZ
> >
> >> -If your grandmother is under 40...you might be ghetto.
> >
> >If your grandmother wears a jogging suit and a pager, and tells you to
> >'Hit me up on it later .....you might be ghetto
> >

> >If you wait for a sale at Payless Shoes... you might be ghetto
> >
> >If you have a refridgerator on your front porch... you might be ghetto
> >
> >Apryl
> >Who has a clincher, but she's holding it out for few

> If you think the BARD is whack...
>
> BARD

Nahhh. That's not right.

How about..

If you agree with anything that nut has to say....YOU MIGHT BE GHETTO

If you try so darn hard to prove you are the best by insulting
EVERYONE......YOU MIGHT BE GHETTO

If you fake intellectualism with silly opinions and misguided
facts...YOU MIGHT BE GHETTO

If you can only answer the truth with violent and disgusting
insults....YOU MIGHT BE GHETTO

If you are only capable of viewing yourself as the center of all the you
see before you and the concequences of your actions to anyone else does
not really matter......YOU MIGHT BE GHETTO

If you are proven to be truly WACK and still don't have a clue of what
do to or where to go with yourself... YOU ARE....well...bard.

AND YOU MIGHT BE GHETTO TOO!

If you frequently refer to African Americans as nigger as a term of
enderement....or as an insult......

Kwesi "that'd make you a redneck too but I think we all know the point
is moot, don't we?" Kennedy
--
kake...@unity.ncsu.edu

ps: this nut is great! it's as if I bought the coolest gun I could think
of and he's my unlimited source of amunition.

Clay

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

If in your apartment, there are young girls and babies... as far as
the eye can see... without a man in sight... you might be ghetto.

If you supported Marion Barry the last time out... you might be
ghetto.

If you voted for Barry... you might be ghetto.

If you believe the "spiritual retreat" line... you might be ghetto.

If you STILL would vote for Barry... you might be ghetto.

If you attended the last Al Sharpton rally... you might be ghetto.

If you wake up to Busta Rhymes blasting from your box... and you turn
over for "5 more"... you might be ghetto.

See you in Cyberspace
Clay
rcg...@walrus.com
___________________

We're off the Streets now
And back on the Road
On the Riot trail... SY
___________________

WEEZY JEFFERSON!

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

If your under 40 year old grandmother taught you how to do the
"Tootsie Roll"...you might be ghetto.

If your a guy and you have finger waved or permed hair, wear rollers,
and get you hair "done" instead of "cut"...you might be ghetto (or a
drag queen).

If your children have "exotic" names like (and I've actually met
these people) "Lasagna" (as in pasta), "Alpacino" (this was his first
name, taken from the actor's whole name), "Quantanginy" and
"Quanterrius" (names of a co-worker's children which was taken from
her three best friends' names), "Shediqua" and "Sheniqua" (twin
girls)...you might be ghetto.

If you and your girlfriends wear the same outfits and the same time...
you might be ghetto.

If you ask questions like "Whatchonameis?" or "Whattimeitis?"...you
might be ghetto?

Ladies, if you think a blunt in one hand and a 40 in another is
sexy or lady-like...you might be ghetto.

If your hair is dyed a color that can only be found in rainbows...you
might be ghetto.

If your 2-year-old daughter can do dances in which she girates her
body in ways that simulate sexual acts...you might be ghetto (as well
as an irresponsible parent).

If you showed your daughter how to do those girate like that...you are
ghetto and an irresponsible parent!

E.G. Land

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

In article <31AB34...@unity.ncsu.edu>,
Kwesi Ako Kennedy <kake...@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

>E.G. Land wrote:
>>

>If you frequently refer to African Americans as nigger as a term of
>enderement....or as an insult......
>
>Kwesi "that'd make you a redneck too but I think we all know the point
>is moot, don't we?" Kennedy
>--
>kake...@unity.ncsu.edu
>
>ps: this nut is great! it's as if I bought the coolest gun I could think
>of and he's my unlimited source of amunition.

Ok, Kwesi, I'm gonna show what a jive-ass you really are.

Produce one post where I call someone a "nigger."

Either do that or shut da fuck up!

BARD

holman

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

"WEEZY JEFFERSON!" <an45...@anon.penet.fi> wrote:

>If your hair is dyed a color that can only be found in rainbows...you
>might be ghetto.

That's funny, the kids I see like that around here are upscale
white folks. Does that make them qualify?

Just askin'

alice

mellow mike

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

if you don't have earmuffs but wear padded headphones in the winter...

if you pass out invitations to a party you are not even giving just to meet
women outside of the club...

if you have a regular favorite seat on the bus...

if you can tell someone directions to any part of town by bus...

if there is no steak in the local market....

if your favorite flavor of koolaid is 'red'...

if you wash your laces...

md...@well.com think!
mbo...@panix.com harambee!
http://www.well.com/user/mdcb/zone0.html the cool zone

RDrake2245

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

You might be "ghetto" if...

* The four food groups consist of "Oscar Mayer, Kool-Aid, Hostess and
USDA...

* You have referred to someone under the age of one as "that "m.....
f....."

* You no longer have most of your own "teefuz"...

* The men in the family buy/own more hairnets than the women...

* Your parents have said "I'll give you something to cry about" and then
done it...

* You know the phone number of a correctional facility by heart...

* You've maxed out thirty-seven credit cards and still only owe a grand
total of $464...

* All productive activity in the house ceases until "that jam" is over...

* The cubic displacement of your car's engine is about the same as your
monthly income...

* You refuse to waste your precious time on stupid garbage like this quiz.

You might be "fancy" if...

* You've ever ordered "pouilly-fuisse" (extra point for correct
pronunciation)...

* You can't bear to miss "Dilbert"...

* There is no red, yellow, kinte or polyester in your wardrobe...

* Your "oral tradition" doesn't include storytelling...

* You say "Your Mother!" instead of "Yo' Momma!"

* You are Lutheran...

* You make up words like "schwarzvergnuggen (the pleasure ofomeone else to
fix your car...

* No one in the house knows the first thing about soul food...

* You indulge yourself by wasting time on stupid garbage like this quiz...

Nicole Anderson

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

If your gold chain, Sony Play Station, 35" TV, washer and dryer, and your
vcr all came from the pawn shop...You might be ghetto

nicole

GEORGE JEFFERSON!

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

If you think you're being classy drinking wine that has a twist top...

If you regularly wear house shoes or slippers outdoors or to the
grocery store...

If you own a Louis Vuitton hat, matching shoes and belt (with Gucci on
the reverse side) and wear Gazelle sunglasses...

If the color scheme of your living room is brass and black laquer...

If children out number the adults in your neighborhood...

If roaches in your house out number those children in your
neighborhood...

If you wear your Wendy's, Burger King or KFC uniform on the bus on
your way home from work...

If your hair mushrooms, balloons, or bellows up and out of your
Wendy's, Burger King or KFC visor when your at work...

If you live in Chicago and shop or hang out at Evergreen Plaza...

If you live in Atlanta and shop or hang out at Greenbriar or South
DeKalb Mall...

Kenneth R. Crudup

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

In article <4oigie$e...@panix2.panix.com>, mbo...@panix.com (mellow mike) says:

>if your favorite flavor of koolaid is 'red'...

Ahem!

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup, Unix & OS/2 Software Consultant, Scott County Consulting
ke...@panix.com CI$: 75032,3044 +1 617 524 5929/4949 Home/Office

FLORIDA EVANS!

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

If your keen fashion sense comes from listening to Notorious B.I.G.
and Foxxy Brown name drop...

If you wear a shower cap instead of a swimming cap on your head to
the public pool...

If you holler for you homies in the movie theater when you arrive
late...

If you are damn near shouting when you're sitting across from your
friends on the bus or subway...

Jason McDonald

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

You might be ghetto if *ghetto is colorblind*:

you think an expensive champagne is Andre Cold Duck '96.

you have your name/nickname spelled out in your gold teeth.
(Poochie)

you spend more on sneakers than you do on books.

you think spandex is formal wear.

you urinate out of a window in your house.

You might be bougie if:

After you pay your beemer note, boat note, TH mortgage you have
to eat mac & cheese for the rest of the month.

You insist all of your relatives visit you because you have a
bigger house, room for the kids to play, yada yada yada.

You support Clarence Thomas' point of view.

You won't visit your own mom in your old neighborhood..cuz
'those people' might mess with your beemer.

You wear a mink coat to a homecoming football game even though
the temperature is in the 80's

You listen to classical music , not because you like it , but
rather because its the thing to do...

You serve finger sandwiches and cheese at BBQ's.
--
Questions you don't ask in SE Texas/Lousiana: What's in boudain?
What's in this red sauce Ms. Lady?

Apryl

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

You might be ghetto if you have so many cars at your two bedroom house
that you have to park two of them on the lawn.

You might be ghetto if you have a cook out at your house, but you have to
ask the neighbors for some charcoal

...... you get your hair cut at a salon called "We Be Cuttin Hair And
Stuff" (that place truly exists)

..... you buy your records at Shiniqua's Record Store (that, too, exists)

..... you HAVE to take a nap when you get home from work

Apryl
Who has a good one, but can't tell it now, since there are so many better
ones

Vivian I. Jackson

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

In <31AF36...@voyager.net> Apryl <ap...@voyager.net> writes:
*clipped*

>..... you HAVE to take a nap when you get home from work

this one can also apply if one is pregnant.

vivs@}->--

Apryl

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

vi...@ix.netcom.com(Vivian I. Jackson) wrote:

Now, the world KNOWS I wan't talking about any one who is pregnant,
sick, or working a split/double shift;

Now, y'all know when you get to that age where you WISH someone would
tell you to take a nap.

And you ain't right until you've had it.

Even if just for a foo minutes. Just ten. Ok, five.

Apryl
Who's already had her nap today

Apryl

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

Vivian I. Jackson wrote:
> oh, narcolepsy. the disease of the senile.

Better that than stupidity. The disease of the stupid

Apryl
Who still says it's a bunch of folks out there who get their naps. Daily

Leila

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

You might be ghetto if the only real hair on your body is on your
legs and under your arms...

You might be ghetto if your nails are more picturesque than
anything else you own...

You might be ghetto if you think the corner, a blunt and 40 oz.
constitute a night out on the town (damn, I guess I used to be ghet at
that...ah hah hah)

You might be ghetto if you have a day care center, a nail shop
and a hair cutting place ALL IN YOUR HOUSE (but you will be gittin' paid,
damn it!)

You might be ghetto if you think Chinese cuisine constitutes
chicken wings and hero sandwiches,

AND

You might be ghetto if you really think that MCM and Fendi can be
bought on the street, DKNY and Polo put their logo on Hanes, and Karl
Kani is haute couture.

Vivian I. Jackson

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

Kwesi Ako Kennedy

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

E.G. Land wrote:

> Ok, Kwesi, I'm gonna show what a jive-ass you really are.
>
> Produce one post where I call someone a "nigger."
>
> Either do that or shut da fuck up!

Now, now yong lad. This little outburst doesn't go with your kinder,
gentler approach to SCAA.

I really do not the time or desire to search for any writen evidence of
you bigotry so your opinion of me will have to stand. Believe me, I
wear it as a badge of honor.

I guess your reply above not only proves me to be a "jive-ass" but
confirms points #2:

#3:

If you try so darn hard to prove you are the best by insulting
EVERYONE......YOU MIGHT BE GHETTO

and #4:

If you are proven to be truly WACK and still don't have a clue of what
do to or where to go with yourself... YOU ARE....well...bard.

Why are you taking it so PERSONAL?
We jus' playin'! *snicker*

Kwesi Ako Kennedy

ISIS1619

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

You might be ghetto if:

You get your hair done by your homegirl, at her house, around midnight,
while listening to DMX

Your car note is more than your rent

You see your girl and her friends rolling through the park
and you scream out, "Hey, godammit!" (OK fellas)

You make your friend stop her car so that you can yell at
some brothers that you met the night before at ladies night

You get in free and drink for free all night long at the local bucket

Your nickname is some beverage

You refer to your siblings by some number...

your name (hopefully nickname) is a number, or a fruit, or a color

you have dress Tommies, or dress Dickies, or dress Meccas

you treat weekend trips to the Swap Meet or the Flea Market like trips to
the mall...

you serve rib tips to the people at the begininng of the cook-out, but
save the ribs for you and your homies...

you need relish and hot sauce for your greens

you use a 5 pound bag of sugar to make your red kool-aid

you have freeze pops instead of popcicles

you purchase hair for your weave at Sally Wong's House of Exotic Wigs

you purchase insense and telephone supplies at Sally Wong's

you carry lotion in your glove box

you eat caramelu walk through Evergreen Plaza (of course you are not
shopping, you just came to be seen)

you drop your your wine cooler while walking through Evergreen Plaza, and
then you look at everybody else like they are crazy

your phone, or other utility bill comes to your house under somebody
else's name

ISIS1619

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

Forgot one:

You might be ghetto if:

You have to go the ATM maching to get the money to buy a Slurpee at 7-11

And since we're on a roll:

the 7-11 in your neighborhood sells Mad Dog 20/20, Wild Irish Rose and
Nighttrain

this same 7-11 keeps the cigars behind the counter

you have ever drunk Cisco (this shit is liquid crack, and I speak from
observation only)

you have a ring on every finger

you have more than two holes in each ear

you have more purple than blue in your wardrobe

you know where to catch the brown bag special for an extra low price while
cruising through Dallas, TX

you prefer Church's chicken to KFC, but you like Popeye's
better than both

you drink red pop

the only way that you can describe something as being superlative is "da
bomb"

you buy your best friend's birthday cake at Sam's

you begin every important sentence with, "Girrrlllll"

you go to the movies and sing all of the songs on the soundtrack, and get
mad because they didn't play the whole song in the movie

said movie was at the $2.00 show, and you brought your own munchies, in
big coats, pockets, and coach bags

you talk to a long lost friend on the phone for seven hours long distance,
and claim that you don't know anybody from that city

you have people at your house ring the doorbell or knock on the door so
that you can get off of the phone with somebody

you have caller-id, call waiting, three-way, last call return, call
forwarding, continuous redail, and a 1-800 page, but no job

you have phat ass stereo equipment (in the house and the car), and tell
your friends that you can hook them up too, but you have no visible means
of an income

you are 17, wear Tommy, and Cool Water or Hugo, but you
work at McDonalds...

Apryl

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

brian odom wrote:

> >Apryl
> >Who has a good one, but can't tell it now, since there are so many better
> >ones

> oh come on, the suspense is killing me!

Well, since you asked.

But it has been superceded by several postings!

If your nails are longer than your hair, and they're both fake!

Apryl
Who thought it was funny when she heard it

Vivian I. Jackson

Jun 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/3/96

In <31B0BE...@voyager.net> Apryl <ap...@voyager.net> writes:

>Better that than stupidity. The disease of the stupid
>Apryl
>Who still says it's a bunch of folks out there who get their naps.
>Daily

and most of those daily nappers are under the age of two. (peers?)

thus another example of what is "ghetto", so gracefully demonstrated by
our letter-turning poster child....

vivs@}->--

E.G. Land

Jun 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/3/96

You know, Apryl, it seems whenever a good thread gets going
around here, you see it as your mission in life to come in
and destroy it with your "Look it's me, Apryl," posts.

Think maybe you could learn to chill if you really don't have anything
worth hearing to say?

BARD

E.G. Land

Jun 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/3/96

In article <31B1DC...@unity.ncsu.edu>,

Kwesi Ako Kennedy <kake...@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

You might be a Jive Ass Negro if you make claims you can't support,
then try to shuck and jive your way around them...

BARD

Matthew C. Scallon

Jun 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/3/96

Pot, kettle; kettle, pot.

--
Matthew C. Scallon
Command Center of the Future

brian odom

Jun 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/3/96

Apryl <ap...@voyager.net> writes:

>You might be ghetto if you have so many cars at your two bedroom house
>that you have to park two of them on the lawn.

>You might be ghetto if you have a cook out at your house, but you have to
>ask the neighbors for some charcoal

>...... you get your hair cut at a salon called "We Be Cuttin Hair And
>Stuff" (that place truly exists)

HA HA HA!!!!
there's a place up here called "hair force". i guess they force your hair
to be in place! :) we be cuttin hair and stuff.... whew! complete
with black dialect english. oh man oh man.

>..... you buy your records at Shiniqua's Record Store (that, too, exists)

ghetto...

>..... you HAVE to take a nap when you get home from work

i don't get this one. most people i know nap on the city bus while coming
home from work (or at work). why wait until you get home and fight with
the cockroaches?

>Apryl
>Who has a good one, but can't tell it now, since there are so many better
>ones

oh come on, the suspense is killing me!

--
brian odom

Janet Solursh (jbray@uga.cc.uga.edu)

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

In article <4ovlad$2...@piano.cs.indiana.edu>
bo...@cs.indiana.edu (brian odom) writes:

>Apryl <ap...@voyager.net> writes:
>
>>...... you get your hair cut at a salon called "We Be Cuttin Hair And
>>Stuff" (that place truly exists)
>
>HA HA HA!!!!
>there's a place up here called "hair force". i guess they force your hair
>to be in place! :) we be cuttin hair and stuff.... whew! complete
>with black dialect english. oh man oh man.

There's a hair salon in Macon called Hair Bizarre. No, it doesn't cater to
the Alterna-teen/Nirvana Youth crowd. I just hope it is a misspelling on the
part of the proprietors.

Important Information about Reality:
janet bray solursh Reality only works when you use it. Use
jb...@uga.cc.uga.edu it every time you have sex. Before you try
Reality, be sure to read the directions
and learn how to use it properly.

Kenneth R. Crudup

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

In article <scallon-0306...@ccof.nosc.mil>,
sca...@nosc.mil (Matthew C. Scallon) says:

In article <4oudjc$g...@news.smart.net>, B*RD writes:

>>You know, Apryl, it seems whenever a good thread gets going
>>around here, you see it as your mission in life to come in
>>and destroy it with your "Look it's me, Apryl," posts.

>>Think maybe you could learn to chill if you really don't have anything
>>worth hearing to say?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

>Matthew C. Scallon

... who *really* needs to edit- what's the point of people having killfiles
(despite the fact I'm glad to see this one- if B*RD seriously thinks you're
an annoying fool, well, damn, already) if people like you repost *an entire
article*?

DarkStar

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

In article <DsHCw...@world.std.com>,

Kenneth R. Crudup <ke...@panix.com> wrote:
>In article <scallon-0306...@ccof.nosc.mil>,
>sca...@nosc.mil (Matthew C. Scallon) says:
>
>In article <4oudjc$g...@news.smart.net>, B*RD writes:
>
>>>You know, Apryl, it seems whenever a good thread gets going
>>>around here, you see it as your mission in life to come in
>>>and destroy it with your "Look it's me, Apryl," posts.
>
>>>Think maybe you could learn to chill if you really don't have anything
>>>worth hearing to say?
>
>Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

what he said.

>(despite the fact I'm glad to see this one- if B*RD seriously thinks you're
>an annoying fool, well, damn, already)

it is "funny" isn't it?
--
-------------------------- Sign below the dotted line --------------------

Welcome to my virtual reality!

Ed Brown - dark...@cais.com
http://www.tnp.com/~darkstar (construction in progress)
Copyright, 1996, Edwin Brown

MarisMC

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

In article <DsHCw...@world.std.com>,
Kenneth R. Crudup <ke...@panix.com> wrote:
>(despite the fact I'm glad to see this one- if B*RD seriously thinks
you're
>an annoying fool, well, damn, already)

So I suppose you agree with his assessment of you as a net pimp?

Me

--
--<-{@
"Lemme graze into your veldt,

Jerome Walker

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

In article <4p1v84$4...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, MarisMC <mar...@aol.com> wrote:
>In article <DsHCw...@world.std.com>,
>Kenneth R. Crudup <ke...@panix.com> wrote:
>>(despite the fact I'm glad to see this one- if B*RD seriously thinks
>you're
>>an annoying fool, well, damn, already)
>
>So I suppose you agree with his assessment of you as a net pimp?

Net pimp?
--
Jerome -- Insert witty/deep/stupid saying here -- Walker

Kenneth R. Crudup

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

In article <4p1v84$4...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) says:

>So I suppose you agree with his assessment of you as a net pimp?

Someone told me he said I was a net.ho - this I can agree with. :-)

"Pimps" are brokers so someone else can get "it"- I, however, want "it" all for
myself.

B*RD this time made no value judgements with Apryl- he just noticed what
the rest of us did, that she likes to put her "Look at me, y'all" subject
lines and thread changes in posts. Buzzing mosquitoes annoy *everyone*,
evidently.

Apryl

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

ke...@world.std.com (Kenneth R. Crudup) wrote:

>B*RD this time made no value judgements with Apryl- he just noticed what
>the rest of us did, that she likes to put her "Look at me, y'all" subject
>lines and thread changes in posts. Buzzing mosquitoes annoy *everyone*,
>evidently.

Who? Me?

When did I ever put a 'Look at me, y'all' to any of it.

Funny, I thought I was saying 'Look, the Emperor has no clothes'!

(Since I have a clueless newsreader, I may not be giving you any
clues. The Emperor, in this example, is you, Kenny)

And besides, how do you know what my intentions are?

Man, what kind of mojo did she work on you?

I have friends in NOLA. Maybe we can work an antedote or something.

Apryl
Who can't believe Kenny played into the BARD. Even to try to get at
me.

holman

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

ap...@voyager.net (Apryl) wrote:

>Apryl
>Who can't believe Kenny played into the BARD. Even to try to get at
>me.

'Scuse me, Apryl, don't want to hurt your feellings or
nothing, but don't blame Kenny.

Maybe the words get changed when they reach you?

alice

MarisMC

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

From: wal...@panix.com (Jerome Walker)

>>So I suppose you agree with his assessment of you as a net pimp?
>Net pimp?

Basically, that Kenny is the kingpin of scaa; the men are his heavies, and
the women are his personal harem. Kind of like "The Mack" without all of
the fur.

marisstella

Kenneth R. Crudup

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

In article <4p7bp3$6...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) says:

>Basically, that Kenny is the kingpin of scaa;

<snort>

Oh, really now?

>the men are his heavies,

Ed, you're now named "Rocco". Rich T, you're now known as "Richard 'Da
Heavy' Thompson" and Jerome- you're now known as "Guido".

>and the women are his personal harem.

Yup, Pilar, you, Apryl, Gabrielle, and what's-her-face- y'all all just *love*
me to death ....

>Kind of like "The Mack" without all of the fur.

Wait- so what's the fun?

Vivian I. Jackson

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

In <4p7bp3$6...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) writes:

>From: wal...@panix.com (Jerome Walker)
>>>So I suppose you agree with his assessment of you as a net pimp?
>>Net pimp?

>Basically, that Kenny is the kingpin of scaa; the men are his heavies,
and
>the women are his personal harem. Kind of like "The Mack" without all
of
>the fur.

yeah, right. this must be a subject that weighs heavily on your mind...
tip? lay off the harlequin romances and the "shaft" reruns....

vivs@}->--
(mack daddy...puhleeze!)

Wayne Johnson

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

ke...@world.std.com (Kenneth R. Crudup) wrote:

>In article <4p7bp3$6...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) says:

>>Basically, that Kenny is the kingpin of scaa;

><snort>

>Oh, really now?

>>the men are his heavies,

>Ed, you're now named "Rocco". Rich T, you're now known as "Richard 'Da

>Heavy' Thompson" and Jerome- you're now known as "Guido".

>>and the women are his personal harem.

>Yup, Pilar, you, Apryl, Gabrielle, and what's-her-face- y'all all just *love*
>me to death ....

>>Kind of like "The Mack" without all of the fur.

>Wait- so what's the fun?

> -Kenny

Duh, say Boss - youse want me to, duh, like trow her out da winda?

I know deze broads make ya mad, an I don't wanna see you mad, no sir,
dat's how all da trubble gets started...

Wayne "Stooge" Johnson
cia...@ix.netcom.mob

"Drinking and posting don't mix....don't drink and post."
-Michael R. Hicks, The New Jack Scholar

MarisMC

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

From: vi...@ix.netcom.com(Vivian I. Jackson)

In <4p7bp3$6...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) writes:
>From: wal...@panix.com (Jerome Walker)
>>>Net pimp?
>>Basically, that Kenny is the kingpin of scaa; the men are his heavies,
and
>>the women are his personal harem. Kind of like "The Mack" without all
of
>>the fur.

>yeah, right. this must be a subject that weighs heavily on your mind...

Vivs, darling, were I you, I would join up with a little reading group.
These aren't my thoughts or my assessments, as you may have been able to
tell if you took the time to actually read the thread instead of cruising
through scaa looking for wood to grind your teeth on.

>tip? lay off the harlequin romances and the "shaft" reruns....
>vivs@}->--
>(mack daddy...puhleeze!)

Tip? Get a life. Better yet, get a hobby; hopefully, one that doesn't
run on batteries.

Vivian I. Jackson

Jun 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/8/96

writes:
>>From: wal...@panix.com (Jerome Walker)
>>>Basically, that Kenny is the kingpin of scaa; the men are his
heavies,
>and
>>>the women are his personal harem. Kind of like "The Mack" without
all
>of
>>>the fur.
>>yeah, right. this must be a subject that weighs heavily on your
mind...

>Vivs, darling, were I you, I would join up with a little reading
group.

miasma, sweetness, were i you, i would just fly to boston and get it
over with....(just a thought, of course)

>These aren't my thoughts or my assessments, as you may have been able
>tell if you took the time to actually read the thread instead of
cruising
>through scaa looking for wood to grind your teeth on.

your wooden head works just fine, sparkling dearest! and it's that
really hard wood that i just love!

>>tip? lay off the harlequin romances and the "shaft" reruns....
>>vivs@}->--

>Tip? Get a life.

have one, but thanks for the concern. i find it simply heartwarming to
see the emotionally destitute thinking about the welfare of others. it
shows that all of those telethons are not a waste of money.

Better yet, get a hobby; hopefully, one that doesn't
>run on batteries.

hobby? i think i just found one. and, oh joy! it certainly doesn't
require batteries!

vivs@}->--

Apryl

Jun 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/9/96

Kenneth R. Crudup wrote:

> In article <4p7rrf$h...@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>,

> cia...@popd.ix.netcom.com (Wayne Johnson) says:
>
> >Duh, say Boss - youse want me to, duh, like trow her out da winda?
> >I know deze broads make ya mad, an I don't wanna see you mad, no sir,
> >dat's how all da trubble gets started...
>
> Naaaah, Guido- it's bad luck ta off a dame ....

Kenny, that was "Stooge" who offered do off the Maul.

Guido is Mr. No-Show-All-Talk-No-Action Jerome Walker.

Apryl
Who still doesn't see what's right about NOT changing subject lines when it diverts

Kenneth R. Crudup

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

In article <4p7rrf$h...@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>,
cia...@popd.ix.netcom.com (Wayne Johnson) says:

>Duh, say Boss - youse want me to, duh, like trow her out da winda?
>I know deze broads make ya mad, an I don't wanna see you mad, no sir,
>dat's how all da trubble gets started...

Naaaah, Guido- it's bad luck ta off a dame ....

-Kenny

MarisMC

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

From: vi...@ix.netcom.com(Vivian I. Jackson)

In <4p9g71$4...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) writes:
>>Vivs, darling, were I you, I would join up with a little reading
>>group.
>miasma, sweetness, were i you, i would just fly to boston and get it
>over with....(just a thought, of course)

What? And make your man my love slave, which would undoubtedly take him
away from scaa? Who would you have to follow around and impress with your
wit and sparkling personality?

>>These aren't my thoughts or my assessments, as you may have been able
>>tell if you took the time to actually read the thread instead of
cruising
>>through scaa looking for wood to grind your teeth on.
>your wooden head works just fine, sparkling dearest! and it's that
>really hard wood that i just love!

It's actually called a skull. But I forget, your idea of having people
over for dinner is much different from mine.

>>>tip? lay off the harlequin romances and the "shaft" reruns....
>>>vivs@}->--
>>Tip? Get a life.
>have one, but thanks for the concern. i find it simply heartwarming to
>see the emotionally destitute thinking about the welfare of others. it
>shows that all of those telethons are not a waste of money.

National Geographic has raised my level of consciousness to new heights.
Beached whales, Vivs, and the like are all part of my vast concern.

>> Better yet, get a hobby; hopefully, one that doesn't
>>run on batteries.
>hobby? i think i just found one. and, oh joy! it certainly doesn't
>require batteries!
>vivs@}->--

Got a new batch of fleas in? Now you'll have company and get some
exercise.

Michael R. Hicks

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

(sigh)

Here we go again...

Sistas gettin' surly again...

ONE MORE TIME: IS THIS TRIP REALLY NECESSARY?

I mean, this ng has many sharp, intelligent, witty, sexy women. It shows
in your thoughts, your views, your posts. Is it really necessary to express
your creativities in such an unproductive manner?

...and please, don't flame me.

I already had a shouting match with one "woman" this weekend... don't ask.

--
Michael R. Hicks - Louisville, KY
a "new jack scholar"

"(Freedom) seldom rolls on the wheels of inevitability..."
-James Baldwin

MarisMC

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

From: afr...@iglou.com (Michael R. Hicks)

>(sigh)
>Here we go again...
>Sistas gettin' surly again...
>ONE MORE TIME: IS THIS TRIP REALLY NECESSARY?

I can be surly at any given moment, but especially when someone jumps on
me for no apparent reason, and when pointed out her mistake, still wants
to fight anyway.

>I mean, this ng has many sharp, intelligent, witty, sexy women. It shows
>in your thoughts, your views, your posts. Is it really necessary to
express
>your creativities in such an unproductive manner?

There's not much else going on around here. The difference is that any
fight between two women is a catfight. Men getting ugly and mean with
each other doesn't seem to have quite the same impact.

>....and please, don't flame me.

You haven't done anything to provoke it.

>I already had a shouting match with one "woman" this weekend... don't
ask.

I won't... for now :)

BamBam

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Michael R. Hicks wrote:

> I mean, this ng has many sharp, intelligent, witty, sexy women. It shows
> in your thoughts, your views, your posts. Is it really necessary to express
> your creativities in such an unproductive manner?
>

> ...and please, don't flame me.

No flame here, shuga, I admire a peacemaker. I will say, though, that
women have just as much right as men to be involved in pissin contests...

> I already had a shouting match with one "woman" this weekend... don't ask.

Lemme at her! ;)

/bambam, paddle in hand...

Rose "BamBam" Cooper /~\
Sgt. At Arms/Web Moderator, /','\
Ebony Queens Motorcycle Club /','`'\
DoD #EQUEEN email: COO...@CSTORE.MSU.EDU /',',','/`,
http://cstore-zserver.cl.msu.edu/eqmc/eqmc.htm `~-._'c /
http://cstore-zserver.cl.msu.edu/rose/cooper.htm `\ ( dski
http://cstore-zserver.cl.msu.edu/rose/rott.htm /====\

Vivian I. Jackson

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

In <4ph8pc$j...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) writes:

>From: vi...@ix.netcom.com(Vivian I. Jackson)
>>miasma, sweetness, were i you, i would just fly to boston and get it
>>over with....(just a thought, of course)

>What? And make your man my love slave, which would undoubtedly take
him
>away from scaa? Who would you have to follow around and impress with
your
>wit and sparkling personality?

kenny a love slave? <mmphf...excuse me> oh dear....*sigh* i will just
have to cry my eyes out in despair. i didn't realize the depth of my
feelings for the mack daddy supreme until you showed me the true
workings of my heart, but i know that i could never compete with
anything like you, for a man like him...

>It's actually called a skull. But I forget, your idea of having
people
>over for dinner is much different from mine.

hmmm...wood....head.....skull! yes, i connected those dots! you are
trying to tell me that your head/skull is as hard as wood? okay by me,
miasma. (how self-effacing of some folks, but, whatever...)

but honestly, my idea of having people over for dinner usually involves
items from the four food groups. i don't believe you are correct in
assuming that humans qualify as protein....oh, but i forgot! you have
the hots for mack daddy. okay, i guess if you insist, you could call
that a source of protein, throw in the pineapple juice and i guess your
diet is complete, but personally, i don't think that you should force
your dinner guests to participate, as that will likely disqualify you
as hostess of the year, ya know? just a suggestion....

>National Geographic has raised my level of consciousness to new
heights.
>Beached whales, Vivs, and the like are all part of my vast concern.

a child with a conscience and ecological too. now i know where your
beach party menus come from....you must save a lot of money doing your
own food preparation. and again, i am touched that i am part of your
vast concern, it's heartwarming and all that. i was beginning to think
that you were upset with me....glad to see you've gotten over it.

>>> Better yet, get a hobby; hopefully, one that doesn't
>>>run on batteries.

>>hobby? i think i just found one. and, oh joy! it certainly doesn't
>>require batteries!
>>vivs@}->--

>Got a new batch of fleas in?

no...your family hasn't come to visit...should i be expecting them?? i
didn't think that we were that close, actually. and just between you
and me, i don't think your people would fit in with my people. my
family has this awful racial thing about socializing with vermin. i
keep telling them that you and your family have a right to live, just
like anyone else, but their views are sooo narrow. but now that we've
become acquainted, i can point to you and honestly say that one of my
friends is vermin. i tell you it makes me feel so socially conscious,
you know?

> Now you'll have company and get some
>exercise.

your concern is just too much, gf! what have i done to deserve such
love and attention?? i started off, ready to drop kick you to the curb.
how could i be so cruel to something that is looking out for my health
and well being. i am so glad that our mutual longing for mack daddy has
not ruined our chance at friendship, miasma. i guess we can both stop
waiting to exhale now....

vivs@}->--

MarisMC

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

From: vi...@ix.netcom.com(Vivian I. Jackson)

In <4ph8pc$j...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) writes:
>>From: vi...@ix.netcom.com(Vivian I. Jackson)
>>>miasma, sweetness, were i you, i would just fly to boston and get it
>>>over with....(just a thought, of course)
>>What? And make your man my love slave, which would undoubtedly take
him
>>away from scaa? Who would you have to follow around and impress with
your
>>wit and sparkling personality?
>kenny a love slave? <mmphf...excuse me> oh dear....*sigh* i will just
>have to cry my eyes out in despair. i didn't realize the depth of my
>feelings for the mack daddy supreme until you showed me the true
>workings of my heart, but i know that i could never compete with
>anything like you, for a man like him...

Don't sell yourself short, dear Vivs. Why, with your personality, you and
Kenny are a perfect match. And quite frankly, I'm nowhere in the
competition for a man like him.

>>It's actually called a skull. But I forget, your idea of having
people
>>over for dinner is much different from mine.
>hmmm...wood....head.....skull! yes, i connected those dots! you are
>trying to tell me that your head/skull is as hard as wood? okay by me,
>miasma. (how self-effacing of some folks, but, whatever...)

If I remember correctly, the only people whose skulls aren't that hard are
hmm... babies? Supposedly, it's to protect a vital part of one's body
called the brain -- ah, there I go making assumptions again.

>but honestly, my idea of having people over for dinner usually involves
>items from the four food groups. i don't believe you are correct in
>assuming that humans qualify as protein....oh, but i forgot! you have
>the hots for mack daddy.

Where'd you get this from? You're the one who tried to foist him on me.

>okay, i guess if you insist, you could call
>that a source of protein, throw in the pineapple juice and i guess your
>diet is complete

Forget the pineapple juice, and we can call it a day. Men should not be
sweet.

>, but personally, i don't think that you should force
>your dinner guests to participate, as that will likely disqualify you
>as hostess of the year, ya know? just a suggestion....

Vivs, darling, with my talents, I don't have to force anybody to do
anything. But I do appreciate your allowing me to learn from your
mistakes.

>>National Geographic has raised my level of consciousness to new
heights.
>>Beached whales, Vivs, and the like are all part of my vast concern.
>a child with a conscience and ecological too. now i know where your
>beach party menus come from....

We don't have beaches here in Louisiana, and I would not dare to touch
your quarry anyway.

>you must save a lot of money doing your
>own food preparation. and again, i am touched that i am part of your
>vast concern, it's heartwarming and all that. i was beginning to think
>that you were upset with me....glad to see you've gotten over it.

Me, upset with you? After reading this posting, not in the slightest.
Why, I am rather heartened, as a matter of fact.

>>Got a new batch of fleas in?
>no...your family hasn't come to visit...should i be expecting them??

Not at all. Where I come from, fleas and family aren't the same thing --
there I go, making assumptions again.

>i didn't think that we were that close, actually. and just between you
>and me, i don't think your people would fit in with my people. my
>family has this awful racial thing about socializing with vermin.

I quite understand. My family has this awful thing about associating with
anybody whose idea of fun involves defecation, small children, and howling
at the moon. But I said, why can't Viv come over? Live and let live. So
to speak.

>i keep telling them that you and your family have a right to live, just
>like anyone else, but their views are sooo narrow. but now that we've
>become acquainted, i can point to you and honestly say that one of my
>friends is vermin. i tell you it makes me feel so socially conscious,
>you know?

Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all. But of course, you
have tons of toys to help you along your way.

>> Now you'll have company and get some
>>exercise.
> your concern is just too much, gf! what have i done to deserve such
>love and attention?? i started off, ready to drop kick you to the curb.
>how could i be so cruel to something that is looking out for my health
>and well being. i am so glad that our mutual longing for mack daddy has
>not ruined our chance at friendship, miasma. i guess we can both stop
>waiting to exhale now....

Oh, not at all. Kenny has never been the object of my longing, Vivs,
dear; you, in your pain and selflessness offered him to me. But looking
at the number of threads that you and he have tirelessly collaborated on,
I would say that you have a long and glorious future together: he,
holding the stick, and you fetching it.

Kenneth R. Crudup

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

In article <4pkicr$m...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, mar...@aol.com (MarisMC) says:

>And quite frankly, I'm nowhere in the competition for a man like [me].

<snort>

Perhaps you've forgotten about the "Black women and oral sex" thread. :-)

Michael R. Hicks

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

In article
<Pine.NXT.3.92.960610...@cstore-next.cl.msu.edu>, BamBam
<coo...@cstore-next.cl.msu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Michael R. Hicks wrote:
>
> > I mean, this ng has many sharp, intelligent, witty, sexy women. It shows
> > in your thoughts, your views, your posts. Is it really necessary to express
> > your creativities in such an unproductive manner?
> >
> > ...and please, don't flame me.
>
> No flame here, shuga, I admire a peacemaker. I will say, though, that
> women have just as much right as men to be involved in pissin contests...
>
> > I already had a shouting match with one "woman" this weekend... don't ask.
>
> Lemme at her! ;)

No, you don't understand, Bam...

I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
*thought* I was staring at "her"...

It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
conscious... Gracious!

DarkStar

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

In article <afram1-1106...@dp-2-54.iglou.net>,
Michael R. Hicks <afr...@iglou.com> wrote:

>No, you don't understand, Bam...
>I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
>*thought* I was staring at "her"...

*snicker*

>It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
>conscious... Gracious!

*ROTFL*
whew!
I've been holding back that laugh for a few days :-)

Tamarie Jordan

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

:
: I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
: *thought* I was staring at "her"...
:
: It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
: conscious... Gracious!
:

Ooh, I must have missed this incident...when did this happen, Mike?

Tamarie
---- ----
/ __ ____ __ __ . _ / _ __ __/ __ __
/ (_( / / / (_( / / (- /__/ (_) / (_/ (_( / /

http://www.clark.net/pub/tjordan

Wayne Johnson

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

afr...@iglou.com (Michael R. Hicks) wrote:

>No, you don't understand, Bam...

>I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
>*thought* I was staring at "her"...

got DAM

Well, what WERE you looking at? Or trying to figure out, or whatever?

Something tells me you had that jaw-drop,googly eyed WatDaFukIzDat
look on your face and Homeboy/girl called your crazy ass on it.

>It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
>conscious... Gracious!

Are you sure you didn't ask this work-in-progress some leading
question, like "Surely you aren't finished yet?" or something?

New Jack Scholars tend to take field work pretty seriously...

Tell the whole story, man, not just the crazy parts!

>Michael R. Hicks - Louisville, KY
>a "new jack scholar"

Wayne "Staring, and running into a lamppost whilst ogling, tends to
upset the more delicate among us" Johnson
cia...@ix.netcom.com

Kenneth R. Crudup

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

In article <afram1-1106...@dp-2-54.iglou.net>,

afr...@iglou.com (Michael R. Hicks) says:

>I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
>*thought* I was staring at "her"...

>It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
>conscious... Gracious!

<snort>

Read the *sign* on the 'establishment' first, dude! :-)

-Kenny "I think I know what 'woman' he's talking about" Crudup

Michael R. Hicks

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

> In article <afram1-1106...@dp-2-54.iglou.net>,
> afr...@iglou.com (Michael R. Hicks) says:
>
> >I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
> >*thought* I was staring at "her"...
>
> >It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
> >conscious... Gracious!
>
> <snort>
>
> Read the *sign* on the 'establishment' first, dude! :-)

Hey man, I didn't go in, except to find out if some of our "group" was
still in the "establishment"... actually, the whole sit WAS funny...
between me, the "girl," and the proprietor, if y'all woulda been there,
y'all woulda been cryin'...

> -Kenny "I think I know what 'woman' he's talking about" Crudup

A "performer" with a bad attitude, another bad combination...

--

Michael R. Hicks - Louisville, KY
a "new jack scholar"

"(Freedom) seldom rolls on the wheels of inevitability..."
-James Baldwin

BamBam

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Michael R. Hicks wrote:

> No, you don't understand, Bam...
>

> I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
> *thought* I was staring at "her"...
>
> It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
> conscious... Gracious!

Aha...er, well, I'll leave you to it, then :)

"He who remains silent, speaks volumes."

Michael R. Hicks

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

In article <4plahp$l...@clarknet.clark.net>, tjo...@clark.net (Tamarie
Jordan) wrote:

> Michael R. Hicks (afr...@iglou.com) wrote:
> : No, you don't understand, Bam...
> :
> : I was in N'awlins... arguing with a not-yet-fully-converted "woman" who
> : *thought* I was staring at "her"...
> :
> : It's a really bad combination when you're a transsexual *AND* self-
> : conscious... Gracious!

> :

> Ooh, I must have missed this incident...when did this happen, Mike?

Saturday night...

Michael R. Hicks

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

In article <4pltos$e...@dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>,
cia...@popd.ix.netcom.com (Wayne Johnson) wrote:

> afr...@iglou.com (Michael R. Hicks) wrote:

[...]

> Tell the whole story, man, not just the crazy parts!

(grumble) Okay. By Popular Demand...

It was Friday night... most of the folks had made into town, checked into
the Dauphine Orleans, and we had dinner together at Dooky Chase's (about 30
or so of us...) Good dinner, great time...

That night, many of us broke into packs of five to eight people, and toured
Bourbon Street, checkin' out the sights, sounds, and general debauchery...
Hurricane in hand (shaddup!), lookin' sharp in my Claiborne blazer, and
Ballys on my feet, I'm roamin' the streets with da ladies and da fellas,
(names are deleted to protect the uh, innocent?)

Well, one pack of folks decides to visit a Female Impersonator house (in
other words, a she-male strip joint)... they went in, and I thought about
it myself, but being that it wasn't my cup of tea (I wasn't *that* curious),
and one sister objected to the idea, I decided I would go 'bout my bizness...

Continued to roam Bourbon St., searching for good music, and strange sights...
(caught a glance at a guy that got a SERIOUS ass-keeking, one brother in
our pack took a picture!) After about 30 minutes or so, we doubled back to
the she-male house, to find out if the pack was still in there...

Standing outside the door of the "establishment", was the manager/proprietor
(a thin, goateed white male brunette) and a "sista" (cocoa brown, about 5'6",
and a little STOCKY)... Anyway, one of the guys goes in to see if 'the pack'
is still there (they are)... I am standing outdoors with the rest of *our*
group, drink in hand (it was my first, and I had sipped maybe half of it)...

I had been speaking with one of the ladies of our group, and was soaking up
the sights and sounds... that must have been when I sunk into some sort of
catatonic glaze... not at really anything in particular, but I was feeling
*real* nice... when I was snapped out my haze by a sudden "WHAT DO YOU THINK
*YOU* LOOKIN' AT?"

In shock, I look up and see she-male Barry, uh, I mean, Barbie (WTFE)...
Reacting to the offense, and taking offense myself, I shout "Excuse me, fool,
NOT AT YOU!!!"

Well, Barry... I mean, Barbie, went ballistic. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU TALKIN'
TO?" Well, the proprietor grabs "her," and pushes "her" inside, one of the
fellas grabs me, and says "let it go, it's not worth it, she might have a knife
on her, and cut you" (and yeh, in retrospect, this is funnier than a mf...)

Well, the manager is apologizin' up and down, sayin' "I'm sorry, she often
gets this way"... I say to him that I wasn't starin' at her, and that he needs
to keep his "women" in check... but I did add "nothin' personal, I wasn't
starin' at her- I was staring... at NOTHING, to be honest...

Well, being that I didn't want to go in (especially after *that* episode, we
do some more touring... we come back by *again*, to see if they're still
there (they weren't, they left). So I try to mend fences. The proprietor is
still outside, and I apologize to him for the mistake. Barry... I mean,
Barbie, comes back outside. I (slightly grudgingly) apologize to her for the
misunderstanding, and "she" also does, in kind!

Feeling slightly uneasy, I said my goodbyes and got the hell outta there...

Man, N'awlins was a trip... but I did have good fun...

Sharon R Oliver

Jun 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/19/96

Excerpts from netnews.soc.culture.african.american: 13-Jun-96 Re: Please
Stop Destroying .. by Michael R. Hicks@iglou.c

> I had been speaking with one of the ladies of our group, and was soaking up
> the sights and sounds... that must have been when I sunk into some sort of
> catatonic glaze... not at really anything in particular, but I was feeling
> *real* nice... when I was snapped out my haze by a sudden "WHAT DO YOU THINK
> *YOU* LOOKIN' AT?"

sounds like you should leave those hurricane's alone :-)

Michael R. Hicks

Jun 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/21/96

In article <Qlm1oUu00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, Sharon R Oliver
<sha...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

Naw, sista, tasted good. Had to have it (the hurricane, people, the hurricane!)

Thanks, Sharon...

--
Michael R. Hicks - Louisville, KY
a "new jack scholar"

"I'll put my foot so deep in your *ss
the water on my knee will quench your thirst"
-Ras Kass, Miami Life