Media Double-Standard on Imprisoned Journalists

EconomicDemocracy Coop

May 12, 2009, 12:14:54 PM5/12/09
Below: 1) Journalist Roxana Saberi Released from Iranian Jail
2) US Continues to Imprison WITHOUT CHARGE Reuters Photographer in
Iraq
Demand accountability!
= = =

Journalist Roxana Saberi Released from Iranian Jail

The Iranian American journalist Roxana Saberi was released from an
Iranian jail Monday and has been reunited with her family. Her father
Reza Saberi spoke to reporters after her release.

Reza Saberi: “Roxana is well and is staying at a relative’s home
tonight. We are preparing to go. The exact date of our departure is
not clear, but we should get ready for our trip to America.”

Roxana Saberi had been held since January.

US Continues to Imprison Reuters Photographer in Iraq

The United States is continuing to imprison at least one journalist
without charge. Ibrahim Jassam, a freelance photographer for Reuters,
has been held in Iraq since September despite objections from the
Iraqi government, Committee to Protect Journalists and Reporters
Without Borders and Reuters. Unlike Saberi’s case, Jassam’s
imprisonment has received little news attention in the United States.

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/5/12/headlines#2

= = = =
STILL FEELING LIKE THE MAINSTREAM U.S. CORPORATE MEDIA
IS GIVING A FULL HONEST PICTURE OF WHAT'S GOING ON?
= = = =

On usenet (groups.google.com) see misc.activism.progressive

= = = =
Sorry, we cannot read/reply to most usenet posts but welcome email
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://EconomicDemocracy.org/wtc/ (peace)
http://economicdemocracy.org/eco/climate-summary.html (Climate)
And http://EconomicDemocracy.org/ (general)

** New email: econdemocracy[at]gmail[dot]com