Re: ...Happy New Year

Message has been deleted

news.east.earthlink.net

Jan 11, 2005, 7:34:43 AM1/11/05
Have you had a chance to read DC Clark's autobiography, "Lessons from the
Dark Side"?

His life is also a history of black folks in Miami.

Ray W.

"trudogg" <head...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ..I hope everyone had a safe one. For those of you that have been to
> Miami, or would like to know a little more about it:
>
> http://blackmiami.gssites.com/

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RayW

Jan 12, 2005, 9:13:48 AM1/12/05
I found out about it purely by chance.

I was in DC's bookstore, Afro-N-Books-N-Things, in Overtown on 441 a block
south and on the other side of the street from the NOI mosque. I have been a
customer for a few years, but didn't know he had put out a book until I saw
it lying on the counter. The book interested me because I have only lived in
South FL for about ten years, and then only in Broward. DC has lived in
Miami all his life and, among other things, gives a unique perspective on
cuban vs. african-american local politics which could only have come from a
Native Son.

Are you a fellow South Floridian? If so, swing by his store. If not, you can
preview the book online at:

http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?&isbn=0-595-31740-5

DC's the big fella in the middle holding a stick

> "news.east.earthlink.net" <NoSpamDud...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >Have you had a chance to read DC Clark's autobiography, "Lessons from the
> >Dark Side"?
> >
> >His life is also a history of black folks in Miami.
>

> ..I just did a quick search and came up with zip. Do you have an
> address/link I could check out? Or is this going to require a trip to
> the library?
> --
> http://portal.gssites.com/

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RayW

Jan 16, 2005, 10:49:37 PM1/16/05
I live in Broward, about halfway between Ft Lauderdale and Miami.

So ... how did things go at your polling place? I voted early and still
had an hour wait.

Funny thing .. very few folks at the water cooler talked about the
election before or afterwards. I work in an office where the ratio of
blacks to whites is like, maybe 5%. I couldn't gauge how White
Folks were really feeling about W. I could tell that most of them
had figured out that W. was as dumb as a bag of rocks (remember
.... South Florida, unlike the rest of the state, is a bastion of
liberalism). Yet, I heard very little support vocalized for any
candidate.

After the election, it all became clear. Most of them had held their
noses and followed the urging of their Asili. They didn't talk about
the election afterwards because the result was no surpise to them.
Unlike me, they knew darn well that most White Folks can be
counted on to vote for the White Guy promising to kill the most
Brown People.

The result could have been predicted by simply reading Dr.
Welsing's book, "The Isis Papers". Or, if not that, Dr. Ani's
"Yurugu".

It didn't matter that W. was two bricks short of a load. It didn't
matter that he looked like a lost puppy in each and every one of
the debates. It didn't matter that he lied out his butt about Weapons
of Mass Destruction.

It didn't even matter that he had completely forgotten about bringing
to justice the one guy with the most notches in his lets-go-kill-some-
more-americans belt ... Osama bin Laden.

No, none of that mattered to White Folks. All that mattered was that W.
was the White Guy talking about killing the most Brown People. The
election was all about fear. Bush said and did all the right things to yank
on the chain of White Folks' brain-computer.

Black Folks showed up at the polls in record numbers ... but most of us
could have stayed home for all the good it did.

Ray W.

Christopher Morton

Jan 17, 2005, 8:32:16 AM1/17/05
On 17 Jan 2005 03:00:02 GMT, "RayW"
<NoSpamDud...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Funny thing .. very few folks at the water cooler talked about the
>election before or afterwards. I work in an office where the ratio of
>blacks to whites is like, maybe 5%. I couldn't gauge how White
>Folks were really feeling about W. I could tell that most of them
>had figured out that W. was as dumb as a bag of rocks (remember
> .... South Florida, unlike the rest of the state, is a bastion of
>liberalism). Yet, I heard very little support vocalized for any
>candidate.

That shouldn't surprise you.

Most Black folks are Democrats, so they aren't going to support Bush.

The Democrats nominated an ESPECIALLY bad candidate in Kerry. Even
Democrats I talked to expressed NO enthusiasm for him. "He isn't a
Republican" or "He isn't Bush" isn't much of an endorsement. I've
NEVER talked to anyone who wasn't a Democrat activist on usenet who
actually LIKED Kerry.

>After the election, it all became clear. Most of them had held their
>noses and followed the urging of their Asili. They didn't talk about
>the election afterwards because the result was no surpise to them.
>Unlike me, they knew darn well that most White Folks can be
>counted on to vote for the White Guy promising to kill the most
>Brown People.

I don't care what color the Islamo-fascists are. We just need to kill
more of them. I don't recall them calling up all the Black people who
worked in the WTC to warn us not to show up for work.

>The result could have been predicted by simply reading Dr.
>Welsing's book, "The Isis Papers". Or, if not that, Dr. Ani's
>"Yurugu".

The result was predictable merely if you had eyes and a brain.

If I'm not mistaken, as small as it was, the Black vote for Bush
INCREASED this time around. That would tend to tell you that maybe
the Democrats in charge of the party are doing something wrong.

>It didn't matter that W. was two bricks short of a load. It didn't

Saying it doesn't make it so. I concluded that Clinton was mentally
ill when he stated that nobody had ever accused him of "doing anything
wrong". He may not actually DONE what he was accused of, but any sane
person knows that he was ACCUSED of a LOT, and some of it VERY bad.

>matter that he looked like a lost puppy in each and every one of
>the debates. It didn't matter that he lied out his butt about Weapons
>of Mass Destruction.

The problem with that analysis is that most OTHER people said he had
weapons of mass destruction too (which in fact he did have, at least
up to some point). The difference between Bush and Clinton is that
Bush actually did something about the perceived problem. Clinton just
bombed a few anti-aircraft sites, while Saddam's supporters here and
abroad worked to remove the sanctions against him.

>It didn't even matter that he had completely forgotten about bringing
>to justice the one guy with the most notches in his lets-go-kill-some-
>more-americans belt ... Osama bin Laden.

What's your plan for capturing Osama bin Laden?

A lot of people seem to be fairly impressed by his apparent inability
to control his own organization.

>No, none of that mattered to White Folks. All that mattered was that W.
>was the White Guy talking about killing the most Brown People. The

Is it ok if we just kill White Islamo-fascists?

--
More blood for oil... in my name!

RayW

Jan 17, 2005, 8:50:03 PM1/17/05

"Christopher Morton" <cm...@cox.net> wrote in message

> I don't care what color the Islamo-fascists are. We just need to kill
> more of them. I don't recall them calling up all the Black people who
> worked in the WTC to warn us not to show up for work.

You, sir, are an idiot. You don't even Know Yourself, so how could you
possibly know who your enemies are .. all you know is to hate whoever
White Folks tell you to hate .. today it's Arabs ... tomorrow it will be
North Koreans ... after that it will be the Chinese. And, you, my brother,
will always be there to buy into whoever you are told the evil-doer-du-jour
is to be.

Dr. King must be so proud of how, on his day, you chose to honor his
legacy of non-violence. I choose to honor his day by repeating a few of his
words. Substitute Iraq whenever my man says Vietnam and maybe, just
maybe, you might catch a glimpse of how a real man deals with the problems
of this world.

Close your eyes, fool. Can't you just see him .. hear him ... with that
wonderful
southern charm of his ... ... standing before the Whites-Only floor of
the Senate ... chastising them for their ungodly behaviour:

"Somehow this madness must cease. We must stop now. I speak as a child
of God and brother to the suffering poor of Vietnam. I speak for those whose
land is being laid waste, whose homes are being destroyed, whose culture is
being subverted. I speak for the poor of America who are paying the double
price of smashed hopes at home and death and corruption in Vietnam. I speak
as a citizen of the world, for the world as it stands aghast at the path we
have
taken. I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation.

THE GREAT INITIATIVE IN THIS WAR IS OURS. THE INITIATIVE
TO STOP IT MUST BE OURS."

-- from Dr. King's "The Trumpet of Conscience" sermon.

Ray W.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RayW

Jan 18, 2005, 9:22:35 AM1/18/05

> ..dunno about the choice of color in the people dyin', but he is the
> white man most responsible for killing over 1300 Americans (and
> counting). And to what end I still can't see...

Here's is something that really bothers me. The reason you didn't
mention how many Iraqis have been killed ... the reason I can't
give an accurate number ... is because our military won't tell and
our sad excuse for media won't ask. The military knows, of course.
That is one of the parameters they use to gauge success of a mission.

May God forgive us, because clearly most Americans couldn't care
less.

Another quote from Dr. King:

"Here is the true meaning and value of compassion and nonviolence,
when they help us to see the enemy's point of view, to hear his
questions, to know his assessment of ourselves. For from his view
we may indeed see the basic weaknesses of our own condition, and
if we are mature, we may learn and grow and profit from the wisdom
of the brothers who are called the opposition."

Ray W.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Christopher Morton

Jan 18, 2005, 11:57:34 AM1/18/05
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:50:03 CST, "RayW"
<NoSpamDud...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Christopher Morton" <cm...@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>> I don't care what color the Islamo-fascists are. We just need to kill
>> more of them. I don't recall them calling up all the Black people who
>> worked in the WTC to warn us not to show up for work.
>
>You, sir, are an idiot. You don't even Know Yourself, so how could you
>possibly know who your enemies are .. all you know is to hate whoever
>White Folks tell you to hate .. today it's Arabs ... tomorrow it will be
>North Koreans ... after that it will be the Chinese. And, you, my brother,
>will always be there to buy into whoever you are told the evil-doer-du-jour
>is to be.

Who's the bigger idiot, the guy who supports the CURRENT practitioners
of slavery, or the one who wants them dead?

I know myself, and I know you. I like me. You on the other hand....

>Dr. King must be so proud of how, on his day, you chose to honor his
>legacy of non-violence. I choose to honor his day by repeating a few of his

I don't believe in unilateral non-violence. The slave masters in the
South believed in unilateral non-violence... for Black people.

Christopher Morton

Jan 18, 2005, 11:10:06 AM1/18/05
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:36:21 CST, trudogg <head...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>..I don't think there is much that the terrorists can teach us beyond
>protecting ourselves against them. They have a perverted vision of Islam
>and how things should be. And they are willing to kill any and all to
>further that goal. Insanity is never a reliable teacher...

The Islamo-fascists are the moral equivalent of Covenant, Arm, and
Sword of the Lord and other violent Identity Christian groups. The
difference is they have a LOT of money to work with, while Matt Hale
and company are living in their moms' basements.

Christopher Morton

Jan 18, 2005, 11:10:02 AM1/18/05
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:22:35 CST, "RayW"
<NoSpamDud...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Here's is something that really bothers me. The reason you didn't
>mention how many Iraqis have been killed ... the reason I can't

Don't care.

Don't care how many Southerners died in the Civil War either. That
seems to really rile the neo-Confederates for some reason....

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

kafou...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2005, 1:32:03 PM1/18/05
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:13:48 CST, "RayW"
<NoSpamDud...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I found out about it purely by chance.

<snip>:

Yo Ray, are you the bruddah who used to work for T.I?
We used to kick it in scaa a while back....

K.

Christopher Morton

Jan 18, 2005, 3:40:12 PM1/18/05
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:37:02 CST, trudogg <head...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>The Islamo-fascists are the moral equivalent of Covenant, Arm, and

>>Sword of the Lord and other violent Identity Christian groups. The
>>difference is they have a LOT of money to work with, while Matt Hale
>>and company are living in their moms' basements.
>

>..we could bomb the basements? I won't tell anyone...

Concussion (NOT a stun) grenade followed by a couple of magazines of
6.8mm Remington should do the trick.

Given what happened in Jersey City over the weekend, we might need to
set a couple of magazines aside....

RayW

Jan 18, 2005, 11:15:41 PM1/18/05

> ..one of the reasons it's hard to get an accurate count of Iraqi dead
> is, mostly for propaganda purposes, the lies about how many actually
> died in any given action. You are right about one thing, I could care
> less how many of the insurgents die. They don't even care about their
> own, they kill innocent and guilty alike, why should we care about them?

Non-violence has gone out of fashion, hasn't it? We still, most of us,
give lip service to Dr. King as being the Great Man. But, truth be told,
we have tossed aside the core of what he worked towards. what he
gave his life for.

Ray W.

RayW

Jan 18, 2005, 11:20:13 PM1/18/05

<kafou...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Yo Ray, are you the bruddah who used to work for T.I?
> We used to kick it in scaa a while back....

T.I.? Nope. I did hang around SCAA before there was a SCAAM. And,
I have bounced in and out of SCAAM for years. I bounce in ... get
a few folks mad at me .. then leave for a season. The older I get, the
less I care what people think about me.

I look around me, I listen to what people say around me, and to tell
the truth I wonder some times if we are from the same planet.

Perhaps, it has something to do with the fact that I avoid network news
like the plague. Garbage in, garbage out, not for me.

Ray W.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RayW

Jan 19, 2005, 8:21:38 AM1/19/05

> ..I don't think it's necessary to try and live up to his every word in
> order to revere and honor his memory. It's kinda like reading the Bible,
> if you believer every single word is meant literally...you miss the
> overall point.

If by literally you mean approaching the Bible as if it were a physical
object, I agree. That doesn't mean ignoring the truths there, or
electing to interpret it however you decide is convenient for your
life style. It does mean that the Word is Spirit and you must
approach it on a higher plane .. not by leaning to your own
understanding.

In his last moments as a Man, Jesus promised that after he ascended
to the Father, our Father would send the Holy Spirit to teach
us all things. And, that is the key. Not to lean to your own
understanding, but rather to listen to the still small voice which
is always there ... although sometimes we are making so much
noise of our won that we can't hear it speaking to us.

Ray W.

Christopher Morton

Jan 19, 2005, 10:07:35 AM1/19/05
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:29:55 CST, trudogg <head...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Christopher Morton <cm...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>>..we could bomb the basements? I won't tell anyone...
>>
>>Concussion (NOT a stun) grenade followed by a couple of magazines of
>>6.8mm Remington should do the trick.
>>
>>Given what happened in Jersey City over the weekend, we might need to
>>set a couple of magazines aside....
>

>..I have a little stockpile.

I have so many, I don't know HOW many. : )

Christopher Morton

Jan 19, 2005, 10:14:09 AM1/19/05
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:15:41 CST, "RayW"
<NoSpamDud...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Non-violence has gone out of fashion, hasn't it? We still, most of us,

And for a very good reason. It doesn't work against people who are
serious about using violence.

It doesn't seem that the Tutsis used much violence against the Hutus
who tried to wipe them out. Had not violence been used to stop the
Hutus, there wouldn't BE any Tutsis.

Jewish resistance to the Nazis was largely non-violent. We came up
short 6,000,000 Jews as a result. It was American and Soviet troops
VIOLENTLY killing Germans that ended the Holocaust.

Non-violence didn't end violent Jim Crow. It was soldiers, FBI
agents, Federal Marshals, and cops with guns who did. From the end of
reconstruction until the 1960s, the US Government took a non-violent
approach to the issue of lynching. That worked really well, didn't
it?

>give lip service to Dr. King as being the Great Man. But, truth be told,
>we have tossed aside the core of what he worked towards. what he
>gave his life for.

I don't even give lip service to unilateral pacifism. King was a nice
guy, but you should look at Chicago to see just how successful he was
in some respects.

Michael Ejercito

Jan 19, 2005, 12:45:45 PM1/19/05
Non-violence does not work against people who are serious against
using violence. It was the Army that ended Jim Crow.

Michael

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted