Stop the War Christmas party & more...

SOAS STW

Dec 7, 2009, 10:57:25 AM12/7/09
to SOAS Stop the War Society
**99 soldiers have died in Afghanistan THIS year alone. If the total
reaches 100 we will meet on the SOAS steps the day of the
announcement, or the next day if over night, at 1pm to read the names
of the dead as a memorial and to say 'Not one more'. Please join us**

Our trip to see Mother Courage was really good. 30 of us went to the
Oxo Tower for drinks and discussion 1st, then to the theatre, then
back to Oxo for more drinks and more discussion and then the
remainding hardcore lot went to the boat party on the Thames.

Owen Hatherly came and spoke about Brecht and war; I have made a video
but cant quite upload it yet. The next trip is to see the brilliant
Pitmen Painters; a true stroy about a miners Art collective in 1930's
Newcastle. See http://playschoolrules.wordpress.com for more info.

For any more info of any the events above or below, please call Haroun
on 07931 365731 or Clare on 07850 177637

In this mailing:
1) Stop the War Christmas Party
2) Support Soldier Joe Glenton in court
3) Military Families against the War: Why we're asking for your
support on Monday 21 December
4) Beats Beat Bullets music event back for December.

1) Stop the War Christmas Party
Hey SOAS StW'ers. This Friday we are going to the National StW
Christmas Party.

7-10pm, Friday Dec 11th
Bishopsgate Institute (just opp Liverpool St Station)
London, EC2M 4QH

Please come along, bring friends and family. There will be plenty of
food, pressies from Afghanistan to buy for Christmas gifts, and music,
poetry and DJ's.

=====================

2) Support Soldier Joe Glenton in court
Stop the War has called a picket of the court hearing which will
decide if L/Cpl Joe Glenton, who faces court martial for refusing to
serve in Afghanistan, is to be released from prison to spend Christmas
with his family.

STOP THE WAR PICKET: 16 December, 9.30am, OJAD, 81 Chancery Lane,
London WC22A 1BQ.

=====================
3) Why we're asking for your support on Monday 21 December

Military Families Against the War go to Downing Street on Monday 21
December 2009 at 5.00pm, when they will deliver the Bring the Troops
Home petition and demand to see Gordon Brown
=====================

4) Beats Beat Bullets music event back for December.

A special night to mark the Anniversary of the horrific attacks on
Gaza by Israel.

Some very special guests are in the pipeline so put the date in your
diary, tell all your friends and prepare for a BIG night.

Interested in holding your Christmas Party at the December BBB?
Contact us for group discounts or to reserve a table – 0207 801 2768.

Old Truman Brewery
91 - 95 Brick Lane, London, E1 6QL £5

--
For more info on soas stws and upcoming events head to:
http://soasstopthewar.blogspot.com/

or

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=32297882482&ref=ts

Feel free to send us for submission to these forums.

Also: Stop The War national office 020 7801 2768 and http://stopwar.org.uk/

To unsubscribe from this mailing list email the word 'UNSUBSCRIBE'.