Shane: "Truth always leads to more truth."

0 vue

Michael Krahn

non lue,
9 avr. 2007, 20:22:4009/04/2007
à Smashing Brickworld - Discussing Rob Bell's
Shane Vander Hart said...

I like the summary on the back of the back of the copy I have.

"We have to test everything. I thank God for anybody, anywhere who
is pointing people to the mysteries of God. But those people will all
tell you to think long and hard about what they are saying and doing
and creating. Test it. Probe it. Do that to this book. Don't swallow
it uncritically. Think about it. Wrestle with it. Just because I am a
Christian and I'm trying to articulate a Christian worldview doesn't
mean I've got it nailed. I'm contributing to the discussion. God has
spoken and the rest is commentary, right?"

I can't help but thing discussions like these are exactly what
Bell wants. I think the intent was to be open ended. I'm ok with that.
Also that is what postmoderns respond to.

It gets us to think. I personally find that it is good that we do
not only read thing in which we are in agreement with. How does that
challenge us, how does that help us to grow? We may be torked off at
things that Bell says. Why? If nothing else if it causes people to
pour into the Scriptures. Hey praise God! If people just blindly
accept what Bell or any of us say - shame on them. We always need to
be like the Bereans - search the Scriptures to see what (they) say is
true.

One of the things that he says in the book is "Truth always leads
to more truth." Amen.

Shane,

I have to say that summary would have changed a lot about the way I
read the book. Mine does not have that on the back.

re: open-endedness... I realize that is what postmoderns respond to
but its a tricky thing.

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer