no registered snippets

Brett

Jun 1, 2009, 7:31:34 PM6/1/09
to smart-snippet and YASnippet
I'm trying to use pyton-mode and yasnippet and I can't get my snippets
to load. Even if I type in a snippet prefix and do a M-x yas/expand
then it doesn't expand. The python snippets are listed in the
YASnippet menu but they don't seem to be associated with my python-
mode. When I run yas/debug-some-vars it says:
No registered snippets.

Everything seems to be installed correctly and ruby-mode and rst-mode
seem to work fine. I'm using yasnippet-0.5.10

Any ideas?

Zhang Chiyuan

Jun 4, 2009, 9:17:22 AM6/4/09
to smart-...@googlegroups.com
hi, what does it say when you are in python-mode and type "C-h v major-mode" ?
It should be python-mode to make it work.
--
pluskid

Brett

Jun 13, 2009, 7:53:07 PM6/13/09
to smart-snippet and YASnippet
I was using Dave Love's python.el from http://www.loveshack.ukfsn.org/emacs/
and even when I thought I had disabled it it was still in my load-path
and was getting loaded before the default python.el.

After realizing that snippets are loaded from the directory with the
same major-mode name then I created a link from python-mode to
python-2-mode and everything worked like a charm.

Thanks.