[gsoc-students] We have 5 projects!

Janko Mivšek

Apr 21, 2010, 1:19:09 PM4/21/10
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
Dear students, dear mentors,

Here are the final results of voting for 5 projects to get this year
GSoC stipendiums:

1. Cross-Platform Namespaces (score: 80)
by Germán Leiva, mentor James Foster
http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/namespaces?view=voting
2. Generate UML diagrams from Smalltalk code for Pharo (score: 77)
by Carla Florencia Griggio, mentor Stephane Ducasse
http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/uml-from-smalltalk?view=voting
3. Squeakland education project (score: 76)
by Ricardo Moran, mentor Randall Caton
http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/squeakland-education?view=voting
4. Progress Towards a Cross-Dialect Smalltalk FFI (score: 74)
by Dmitry Matveev, mentor Eliot Miranda
http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/ffi?view=voting
5. Visualization of profiling information in Pharo and Squeak (73)
by Mariano Coca, mentor Alexandre Bergel
http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects/profiling-visualization?view=voting

Congratulations to accepted students, but congratulations to all others
who were not accepted that time. I think we collected a lot of good
information about projects, also all reviews, then students introducing
yourselves to us, all this will stay very valuable in the future. So
stay tuned with us!

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Smalltalk GSoC Admin Team

Randy Caton

Apr 21, 2010, 1:28:42 PM4/21/10
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
Dear Janko,

Thank you for all your hard work. Your professional attitude in the
face of criticism and rage was much appreciated.

Randall Caton

Sent from Randall Caton's iPhone
41596 Bald Eagle Drive
Bigfork, MN 56628
218-832-3490

On Apr 21, 2010, at 12:19 PM, Janko Mivšek <janko....@eranova.si>

Donald MacQueen

Apr 21, 2010, 3:02:05 PM4/21/10
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
+1.

We would have 0 projects without you.

Thanks, Janko.

Carla F. Griggio

Apr 21, 2010, 6:36:24 PM4/21/10
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your work, Janko, Mariano and all the mentors. I really appreciate your support and the opportunity, I won't disappoint you :)

Congratulations to all the other selected students, and also to everyone else for your work and your effort. I think we already had several things to learn from.

Cheers!
Carla.

Ricardo Moran

Apr 21, 2010, 7:26:41 PM4/21/10
to smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com, smalltalk-g...@googlegroups.com

I want to thank all the mentors (and the admins of course) for the effort you've put into this. This is a big opportunity for me and I'll give it my best shot!

Now it's time to code :)

Richo