Free Your Machine

Daniel Kerry Hiltgen

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

The Underground Student Support Network and the IEEE-CS are about to
bring "Free Your Machine" to life.

Free Your Machine is a campaign to help students install any of the free
Unix variants on their PCs. We are targeting Computer-ish majors (CSC,
CPE, EE, etc.) but this is open to anyone. We will have a full hidden
network setup and provide NFS/FTP servers to download either Slackware
or FreeBSD to your machine.

We are still in the planning stages, but we have set a date, time and
place. Free Your Machine will be held in 20-115 from 12:00 to 9:00 on
the Saturday before classes start (Sep. 21) We currently have about 6
people who will be helping with the installs, and we are looking for
more.

Flyers should be coming soon, and we should have a web page with more
details up before too long.

If you are interested in helping or being helped, please join the
ussn-interest mailing list to get more details. Send e-mail to
majo...@toocool.calpoly.edu with the line "subscribe ussn-interest" in
the BODY of the message.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail ussn-interest@toocool
directly. (or myself if you prefer)

--
Daniel Kerry Hiltgen: Info. Tech. Services System Administrator
dhiltgen@( drseuss.acs | galaxy.csc | toocool.itslab ).calpoly.edu