Slimbox behind iframe

Jos

Apr 18, 2011, 4:44:56 AM4/18/11
to Slimbox
I am experiencing some problems with Slimbox (1 & 2).
On Internet Explorer (also on IE8 & 9) the slimbox is shown behind
iframes (Youtube Iframe Embeds) on the site.

Is there an easy way around this?

Regards,
Jos

[Axel]

Apr 18, 2011, 2:38:13 PM4/18/11
to Slimbox
a link woul be not bad, so we can see the problem

Jos

Apr 18, 2011, 3:00:11 PM4/18/11
to Slimbox
Of course: http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news

Click the thumbnail in the "Telekom Extreme Playgrounds report. By
BdJ" (posted 18/04/2011 - 14:40h), where the story above it is "This
aint Space Jam biatch. By Down Crew TV" (posted 18/04/2011 - 16:20h)
which is an Youtube movie embedded with an iframe.

[Axel]

Apr 19, 2011, 4:02:50 AM4/19/11
to Slimbox
looks like you solved it already! I gues it was caused by z-index.

Sunny Greetz

[Axel]

[Axel]

Apr 19, 2011, 4:05:02 AM4/19/11
to Slimbox
Looks like you solved it already! I guess it was caused by z-index

Sunny greetz

{Axel}

Jos

Apr 19, 2011, 11:15:35 AM4/19/11
to Slimbox
On Apr 19, 10:05 am, "[Axel]" <axelwin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like you solved it already! I guess it was caused by z-index

No, actually I did not change anything and the problem remains.

Check for a screenshot:
https://picasaweb.google.com/four05jos/19Apr2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCOSdp9qAoerPlQE#5597313238078483442

I have a z-index of 999 for the slimbox, but still the iframe pops on
top.
Is there a way of temporary hiding the iframe?

-Jos

[Axel]

Apr 19, 2011, 12:56:39 PM4/19/11
to Slimbox
Now I see your problem! It only occurs in IE not in other browsers.
It is known as z-index IE bug.

You could trie to give the parent element of your i-frame a z-index of
one. Not sure if it works. Anyway google for it, there are heaps of
pages about that problem. If you find a fix, please be so kind and
post it here for others that may run into the same problem.

Greetz

On 19 Apr., 17:15, Jos <joswiss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 10:05 am, "[Axel]" <axelwin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Looks like you solved it already! I guess it was caused by z-index
>
> No, actually I did not change anything and the problem remains.
>
> Check for a screenshot:https://picasaweb.google.com/four05jos/19Apr2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCOSdp9...

Jos

Apr 19, 2011, 3:29:44 PM4/19/11
to Slimbox
When investigating I found out that the problem only happened with
YouTube movies that were embedded in an Iframe.
The problem did not occur with Vimeo movies that were also embedded
using an Iframe.

Since there was no difference in the Iframe embed code, the only
possible difference was the Youtube vs Vimeo link.
I found out that in an iFrame, the default wmode is windowed which
essentially gives it a z-index greater then everything else and it
will therefore overlay over anything.

By appending this the wmode=transparent parameter to the Youtube link,
the Youtube Iframe wmode is transparent and will therefore stay behind
the Slimbox overlay:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b-LJ7pYNI0I?
wmode=transparent" width="590" height="332" frameborder="0" ></iframe>

And this did the trick for me!