#CodeSprint Result - iPhone News App

Rory Walker

Jun 9, 2011, 11:09:16 PM6/9/11
to ./roots Developer Community
Matthew approached me in participating in the code sprint. I loved the
idea, though it came on a bad weekend. As I was travelling (only to
Kingston) but I never accomplish any coding when I go home. Didn't
have any time for the weekend. I tried a little thing since week, I
think it's a decent start. Feeling motivated to continue development.
(Don't mind all the DesJamrock, it's just motivation for me to stick
with a project)

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWVRzu9R4UM
Stills : http://cl.ly/2N0v0w0H0t3y1B403j0T , http://cl.ly/3k3J2j2b2v2Z1e3g3C0T
, http://cl.ly/3W1b0v3i0z203i2z3D0G

Looking forward to the next...

Shannon Clarke

Jun 9, 2011, 11:10:45 PM6/9/11
to slash...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!!!

iOS in the place now!
--
Regards,
Shannon Clarke

Shannon Clarke

Jun 9, 2011, 11:11:54 PM6/9/11
to slash...@googlegroups.com
Out of curiosity, how did you create this app?

XCode? Flash CS5? Something else?

Marc Gayle

Jun 9, 2011, 11:17:42 PM6/9/11
to slash...@googlegroups.com

Rory Walker

Jun 9, 2011, 11:46:34 PM6/9/11
to ./roots Developer Community
Straight XCode and this funny and weird language called Objective-C :)

On Jun 9, 10:11 pm, Shannon Clarke <shannonjamalcla...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Out of curiosity, how did you create this app?
>
> XCode? Flash CS5? Something else?
>
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Shannon Clarke <
>

> shannonjamalcla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sweet!!!
>
> > iOS in the place now!
>
> > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Rory Walker <redr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Matthew approached me in participating in the code sprint. I loved the
> >> idea, though it came on a bad weekend. As I was travelling (only to
> >> Kingston) but I never accomplish any coding when I go home. Didn't
> >> have any time for the weekend. I tried a little thing since week, I
> >> think it's a decent start. Feeling motivated to continue development.
> >> (Don't mind all the DesJamrock, it's just motivation for me to stick
> >> with a project)
>
> >> Here's the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWVRzu9R4UM
> >> Stills :http://cl.ly/2N0v0w0H0t3y1B403j0T,
> >>http://cl.ly/3k3J2j2b2v2Z1e3g3C0T
> >> ,http://cl.ly/3W1b0v3i0z203i2z3D0G

Shannon Clarke

Jun 9, 2011, 11:50:19 PM6/9/11
to slash...@googlegroups.com
Cool.

When my vacation comes around, I'll try the Flash CS5 iOS packager

Marc Gayle

Jun 10, 2011, 12:12:51 AM6/10/11
to slash...@googlegroups.com
Ack! Multi-platform development environments.

I am pretty sure we had this debate already.

Is it David that loves them ?

Develop once for flash and 'render' as anything else, from HTML5 to Objective-C.

Yay!

Shannon Clarke

Jun 10, 2011, 12:14:25 AM6/10/11
to slash...@googlegroups.com

Yea but I'd like to try it and see how it goes

Regards,
Shannon Clarke
http://www.wifispottr.com