A new skyrails release

Yose Widjaja

Apr 22, 2008, 8:30:18 AM4/22/08
to skyrail...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a new skyrails release available at :
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~wyos/skyrailscreens/skyrailsdist.rar

There are new things on it, including new projects, mouse gestures (try right click hold on a node),
and probably the most important, it can act as a server listening to external processes which can
send data in the form of skyline script commands.

In other words, it can act as a backdoored application. There's actually a c++ code structure
analyser included with this distribution, xds.exe. To run it:

0. have the c++ files in the same directory as skyrails (havent made a way to specify path yet)
1. run skyrails (raex.exe)
2. open the mds project
3. open the console with the "~" key, and then type "openserver 1337"
4. close the console
5. open cmd.exe, and then in the command line, on the skyrails directory, run "xds mds localhost 1337"

And just wait and see.

-----------------

The reason I'm releasing this is, I've got a report that it crashes in the beginning in some machines..
any report on this would be much appreciated :D

Also, since I'm still playing around with the protocol, I wont' release any documentation on it and
same thing with the language. It's still changing. I haven't got anything written anyways.

Cheers

neophonic

Jun 4, 2008, 5:20:02 PM6/4/08
to skyrails-public
Hi there!
Holy shit, i can not run it :/
I'll try it on my friend's computer(s), and hope ;)

Windows XP SP2
Intel inside

Ciao

Yose Widjaja

Jun 4, 2008, 9:17:08 PM6/4/08
to skyrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi, so the previous release worked? Let me know and I'll try to do something about it.

It might be something to do with the binary.. I havent' paid too much attention to the releases these days :/

Thanks for hanging by

(redux message due to my new mail account being blocked from google groups)

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Yose Widjaja <yo...@zenkraken.com> wrote:
Hi, so the previous release worked? Let me know and I'll try to do something about it.

It might be something to do with the binary.. I havent' paid too much attention to the releases these days :/

Thanks for hanging by

neophonic

Jun 5, 2008, 10:02:57 AM6/5/08
to skyrails-public
Ciao,

Yes, the previous version was "run-able".
In this release, the app crashes when i exec raex.exe, i can see
opening window SDL_APP and then crash on caffe.sunday_exhale

I'll give you some new info in few days.

Best Regards,
Jakub Dubec