Problems with recording with 1.3.0.93 (was Skylook 1.0.2 won't record calls)

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Sam Aparicio

ungelesen,
16.09.2005, 12:14:4516.09.05
an skylook
Hi Paul,

I'm writing in to report on the continued problems I'm having with
getting skylook 1.3.0.93 to record.

> What Skype version are you running?
I'm running Skype 1.3.0.67

> What OS are you running?
Windows XP SP2. Outlook 2003 SP1.

>Do you have any other Skype add-ins installed?
No.

> Do you have any other recording solutions installed? (e.g. Virtual Audio Cables)
No.

> Are you running Windows Media Player 9 or 10?
WMP version 10.

Essentially, Skylook complains that "The Windows Media Player MP3
driver is not installed on this machine" and doesn't allow me to turn
call recording on.

This happens after I tried the procedure of uninstalling WMP10,
unistalling WMP9, and re-installing WMP9. So I've reverted to WMP10. I
also uninstalled the "Windoes Media Format Runtime", but it got
re-installed in the last WMP10 upgrade.

Paul Andrews

ungelesen,
18.09.2005, 21:00:0818.09.05
an sky...@googlegroups.com, apar...@gmail.com
Hi Sam,

The most likely cause is that some piece of software somewhere along the
line has registered the "basic" version of the MP3 codec. (XP comes with
the "advanced" version by default). The basic version does not support
encoding.

Can you please check your C:\windows\system32 directory, and see whether you
have a file called L3codeca.acm?

If you do, you can restore the advanced codec by doing the following:

1. Start > Control Panel
2. Double-click Sounds and Audio Devices
3. Click on the Hardware tab
4. Select Audio Codecs from the list
5. Click the Properties button
6. Select the Properties tab
7. Select "Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer 3..." from the list (or if this is not
present, "l3codecx.acm")
8. Click the Properties button
9. Check "Do not use this audio codec" then click OK. Click OK on all the
preceding dialogs and exit Control Panel.
10. (back to the Windows start menu) Start > Run
11. type cmd then click OK
12. type c: then press Enter
13. type cd \windows\system32 then press Enter
14. type regsvr32 l3codeca.acm then press Enter
15. Follow steps 1 - 8 again
16. Check "Use this audio codec" then click OK. Click OK on all the
preceding dialogs and exit Control Panel.

Then you can retry Skylook. (Go to the Options dialog to make sure it is
set up to record, before trying a call). If it still doesn't record, please
run this Audio diagnostics program and follow the instructions therein:
http://www.skylook.biz/download/acmDiag/acmDiag.exe .

If you can't find l3codeca.acm, let me know.

Regards,
Paul

francis

ungelesen,
27.09.2005, 04:30:3427.09.05
an skylook
I'm also having this problem with the same configuration. I've
downloaded and run the diagnostic tool and sent it to
sky...@skylook.biz -- although my ISP seems reluctant to actually
transmit email to your address. I'm hoping it gets through and that
you have a solution -- I really want the software to work as an
interview tool, primarily for podcasting.

francis

ungelesen,
27.09.2005, 09:38:1927.09.05
an skylook
Well, I don't know what you guys did, but whatever it was, thanks.
After doing all those things, I uninstalled the program and downloaded
the current version. It integrated smoothly and appears to be working.
I haven't yet tried to record a call, but at least, according to the
software prompts, I can. Excellent!!

Paul Andrews

ungelesen,
27.09.2005, 18:49:0427.09.05
an sky...@googlegroups.com
Great! Let us know how you go with recording calls.