Windows/VC++ port

Andrew

Mar 14, 2009, 9:11:51 PM3/14/09
to skia-discuss
I am trying to assemble all this by Microsoft VC++ 2005. So far I have
ported /core library as it will not compile out of box by MSVC. (In
some places it is more restrictive than GCC).

I have added also Windows specific port of SkMMapStream class.

Yet I think it make sense to add SkCompilerConfig.h file and move
there things like:

#if !defined(SK_RESTRICT)
#if defined(__GNUG__)
#define SK_RESTRICT __restrict__
#else
#define SK_RESTRICT
#endif
#endif

from SkPreConfig.h

How and where to post patch file(s)?

Mike Reed

Mar 17, 2009, 4:58:06 PM3/17/09
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for working on a windows port.

I am planning to use
http://code.google.com/p/rietveld/wiki/CodeReviewHelp to handle
code-reviews and patches. Are you familiar with this system?

mike

Andrew

Mar 17, 2009, 11:19:07 PM3/17/09
to skia-discuss
Mike, are you still planning or is it already available for
publishing?

In any case here is the patch:
http://terrainformatica.com/temp/skia-vc2005.patch
It adds also /vc/ folder to tree. It will contain /vc/sampleapp (but
not yet).
So far /vc/ contins core, images, utils and views .vcproj files.

Cheers,

Andrew Fedoniouk.

On Mar 17, 1:58 pm, Mike Reed <r...@android.com> wrote:
> Thanks for working on a windows port.
>
> I am planning to use http://code.google.com/p/rietveld/wiki/CodeReviewHelpto handle
> code-reviews and patches. Are you familiar with this system?
>
> mike

Mike Reed

Mar 18, 2009, 10:53:04 AM3/18/09
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
http://codereview.appspot.com/

Up and running. If you could submit your patch via that link, I'll
take a look right away.

thanks,
mike

Mike Reed

Dec 4, 2009, 9:58:26 AM12/4/09
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone in the group have any insight into building for windows?

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Andrew <andrew.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mike, do you have updates on this?
>
> VC2005 is still cannot compile Skia sources.
>
> Andrew.

Brent Fulgham

May 21, 2010, 1:45:36 PM5/21/10
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Mike Reed <re...@android.com> wrote:
> Does anyone in the group have any insight into building for windows?
>
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Andrew <andrew.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mike, do you have updates on this?
>>
>> VC2005 is still cannot compile Skia sources.

I have gotten Skia building and running under Windows. I found that I
had to make a few changes to the source code, mainly (it appears) to
enable building of certain objects that are not needed in Chromium, so
perhaps these are unnecessary.

I created a Visual Studio solution to drive the build based on the
'gyp' commands used in the Chromium project.

I found that I had to use several Chromium-specific files
(platform_canvas.cc, platform_canvas_win.cc, etc.) to get a fully
functional implementation.

What is the intended mechanism for building Skia under Windows? Will
you be using gyp or perhaps CMake? Or do you intend to just drop a
Visual Studio solution into the project and be done with it?

Thanks,

-Brent

swiftcoder

May 28, 2010, 10:57:23 PM5/28/10
to skia-discuss

On May 21, 1:45 pm, Brent Fulgham <bfulg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Mike Reed <r...@android.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone in the group have any insight into building for windows?
>
> > On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Andrew <andrew.fedoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Mike, do you have updates on this?
>
> >> VC2005 is still cannot compile Skia sources.
>
> I have gotten Skia building and running under Windows.  I found that I
> had to make a few changes to the source code, mainly (it appears) to
> enable building of certain objects that are not needed in Chromium, so
> perhaps these are unnecessary.
>
> I created a Visual Studio solution to drive the build based on the
> 'gyp' commands used in the Chromium project.
> I found that I had to use several Chromium-specific files
> (platform_canvas.cc, platform_canvas_win.cc, etc.) to get a fully
> functional implementation.
>
> What is the intended mechanism for building Skia under Windows? Will
> you be using gyp or perhaps CMake? Or do you intend to just drop a
> Visual Studio solution into the project and be done with it?
>
> Thanks,
> -Brent

I put together a CMake build system for the major components (core,
images, opts, ports) of skia earlier today, and it compiles fine under
MSVC10 (with some minor exceptions). However, there are quite a number
of unexplained crashes, presumably because my build is missing
something essential. In particular, the entire text rendering facility
is not operable.

Would it be possible to acquire a copy of your visual studio solution
as a baseline to check against to get my CMake project files working?

--
Tristam MacDonald
http://swiftcoder.wordpress.com/