Incomplete Ruby API Class Diagram

RLC

Jul 9, 2008, 5:52:58 AM7/9/08
to Google SketchUp Help - Ruby API
Hi Everyone,

I compiled a python script then use doxygen to generate below diagram.
I hope it is useful.

http://groups.google.com/group/SketchUp/web/inherit__graph__11.png

Regareds
Roger
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jim

Jul 9, 2008, 9:00:54 PM7/9/08
to Google SketchUp Help - Ruby API
That is excellent, Roger! Thanks.

I've had a similar idea for some time, but haven't done it. I imagine
a 3d visualization of the object tree created using the API and
displayed right in SketchUp.

Anyway, here's a little more information you probably already know.

The following are actually in the Geom
namespace:

Geom.constants => ["BoundingBox", "UTM", "PolygonMesh", "LatLong",
"Point3d", "Transformation", "Vector3d"]

For example, you can't create a Point3d using Sketchup::Point3d.new,
you need to use Geom::Point3d.new

The ancestors of objects in sketchup (as you probably know.):

Sketchup::Edge.ancestors => [Sketchup::Edge, Sketchup::Drawingelement,
Sketchup::Entity, Object, Kernel]

UI is another namesapce:
UI.constants => ["WebDialog", "Command", "Toolbar"]

I think all the Observers are also in the Sketchup namespace.

Are there others?

Anyway, I always thought it would be cool to generate a 3d
visualization of the class hierarchy.

Thanks again for your work.

Todd Burch - Katy, Texas

Jul 9, 2008, 10:20:37 PM7/9/08
to Google SketchUp Help - Ruby API
Wow! Thanks Roger. I've been wanting a poster! Can you do a PDF
with a larger size? And vertically? And with methods under each
class?

Todd

RLC

Jul 11, 2008, 4:36:59 AM7/11/08
to Google SketchUp Help - Ruby API
Hello Todd,

It is possible. I could convert it to eps then embed it to a PDF
poster. However, I found doxygen could not generate a class diagram
with member functions. To achieve that, I need manually (semi-
automatic) create it with metauml. Please give me some time. I will
give you the PDF soon.

Regards
Roger

On Jul 10, 4:20 am, "Todd Burch - Katy, Texas"

dirkh

Jul 11, 2008, 9:50:12 AM7/11/08
to Google SketchUp Help - Ruby API
Hi all,

Just to say that the link to the PNG at the start of this item doesn't
seem to work for me...
Regarding the PDF: if you have a nice PNG (or whatever format as long
as it can generate enough resolution), the PDF could easily be created
with a PDF-printer.
If interested, show me the PNG's and I'll give you the PDF's :-)

Dirk.
> > Todd- Hide quoted text -

Jim

Aug 3, 2008, 5:30:03 PM8/3/08
to Google SketchUp Help - Ruby API & SketchUp SDK
I spent the afternoon trying this idea for myself. Here are my
results:

http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/2008/08/sketchup-ruby-api-class-diagrams.html

I used SketchUp and Graphviz to generate the diagrams.