Text Chat over SIP

Vinayak Bhavnani

Apr 26, 2011, 10:54:41 AM4/26/11
to Sipdroid Forum
Hi,

I am developing an Android app which needs to be able to send messages
to other users over sip.

SIP-droid doesn't support text messages over sip.
But on reading the code , i found a implementation of RFC3428 which is
an implementation of sending text over SIP.

How do go about doing this , since i have been unsuccesful so far.

My strategy was to call this function to send a message , and editing
onReceiveMessage to unpack and display this message.

Also , i am using the emulator. Would an android phone be a better
choice ?

regards,
Vinayak Bhavnani

gowtham gowda

May 18, 2011, 4:37:27 PM5/18/11
to Sipdroid Forum
What have you done so far? Please explain and i may be able to help.

Gowtham

On Apr 26, 10:54 am, Vinayak Bhavnani <vinayak.bhavn...@gmail.com>

vinayak bhavnani

May 19, 2011, 2:57:01 AM5/19/11
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gowtham ,

I was able to implement the text chat using RFC3428 code available in SIP-DROID .

vinayak

Jagruti Sangani

Apr 10, 2012, 2:11:02 AM4/10/12
to sipdroi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinayak,

Can you help me how to make chat enable in sip-droid.Do you have any source code or any refernce?Please help me.thanks in advance.

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing an Android app which needs to be able to send messages
> to other users over sip.
>
> SIP-droid doesn't support text messages over sip.
> But on reading the code , i found a implementation of RFC3428 which is
> an implementation of sending text over SIP.
>
> How do go about doing this , since i have been unsuccesful so far.
>
> My strategy was to call this function to send a message , and editing
> onReceiveMessage to unpack and display this message.
>
> Also , i am using the emulator. Would an android phone be a better
> choice ?
>
> regards,
> Vinayak Bhavnani

david...@lavainternational.in

Apr 26, 2012, 10:30:24 PM4/26/12
to Sipdroid Forum
Hi Vinayak,
I want to make chat enable in sipdroid too,can
you give me the source code or any reference ,i am just a beginner on
sipdroid.
Best regards,
David.wang