Upcoming singapore.rb meeting

Doug

Mar 31, 2007, 11:49:12 PM3/31/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi all,

The venue for the next singapore.rb meeting has been confirmed! We
will be meeting at the Central Lending Library with the NLB graciously
providing the use of a room (with WIFI), capacity is pegged at 40 to
50 people.

The meeting is scheduled for the 19th of April, from 7pm to 8:30pm. I
will be providing more information on the agenda once its confirmed.
For now, I'll let on that there will be 2 speakers from the group
sharing their knowledge on Ruby/Rails.

Please indicate whether you will be attending the meeting by
responding to this thread.

Nick

Apr 1, 2007, 7:34:18 AM4/1/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Ouch! I'll arrive there a day too late! Maybe the next one?

peter...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2007, 4:22:41 AM4/1/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi everybody,
I would be very much interested to join.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to signup

Peter

peter...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2007, 8:36:59 AM4/1/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi all,
seems that my previous post didn't make it to the forum :-(

I'd like to join

Peter

Mohit Sindhwani

Apr 1, 2007, 9:59:41 AM4/1/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com

Hi Doug,

That's great! I'm not yet sure if I'll be in Singapore on that date -
but if I am, I shall attend. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
Mohit.

Sau Sheong Chang

Apr 1, 2007, 10:54:38 AM4/1/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Nothing else. Just come :)
--
Sausheong

http://blog.saush.com

chu...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2007, 11:01:24 AM4/1/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
I'll be there!

I know Choon Keat is gonna share something, but who's the other
speaker?

Cheers,
Chu Yeow

Mohit Sindhwani

Apr 1, 2007, 11:03:45 AM4/1/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Sausheong, will you be speaking? I'm very keen on that talk!
Cheers
Mohit.

sausheong

Apr 1, 2007, 11:32:48 AM4/1/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Yah that should be me :) I should be talking abt FxRuby and my
ScreenSvr project

I haven't done any slides yet though :( Been pretty busy with projects
recently.

On Apr 1, 11:03 pm, Mohit Sindhwani <mo_m...@onghu.com> wrote:
> Sausheong, will you be speaking? I'm very keen on that talk!
> Cheers
> Mohit.

Keng Onn

Apr 1, 2007, 12:21:11 PM4/1/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there!

Look forward to hearing u guys speak! :D

(I'd like to contribute if I could, but too paiseh [read 'embarrassed'] to do so, esp in front of pple like u guys :p...)

Sean, Tan Li Yang

Apr 1, 2007, 9:13:15 PM4/1/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there too!

See you guys!

--
Sean

Derick Ng

Apr 2, 2007, 10:33:42 AM4/2/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Just got to know bout local meet-ups, events etc. that exists after
all! What are the requirements for attending? :p

sausheong

Apr 2, 2007, 12:02:57 PM4/2/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Be there :)

Herryanto Siatono

Apr 2, 2007, 9:02:24 PM4/2/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there too.

William Teoh

Apr 2, 2007, 9:11:26 PM4/2/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Hi all! Count me in too! =)

Chardy

Apr 2, 2007, 10:22:41 PM4/2/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi,

I will attending this meeting :-)

Derick Ng

Apr 3, 2007, 2:13:36 AM4/3/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Aye, count me in. I hope I wouldn't be too late though. I end at
6:30pm

chu...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2007, 1:00:40 PM4/3/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Sian liao... I am due to attend a course Apr 18 - 23. Can't attend...
Please take videos or something!

- Chu Yeow

zeya

Apr 3, 2007, 9:55:10 PM4/3/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi guys,

Will try to make it...

cheers!
zeya

Doug

Apr 4, 2007, 3:12:32 AM4/4/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
okay people, the current list of attendees:

Confirmed
Douglas
Sausheong
Choon Keat
Herry
Peter
Keng Onn
Sean
Derrick
William
Chardy
Zeya

Tentative
Mohit

Did I miss anyone?

Chu Yeow, what time does your course end on that day? Maybe you could
still drop by to say hi?

yard...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2007, 10:02:02 PM4/6/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi,

I am interested to join the meeting.

Dennis

Michael Lim

Apr 7, 2007, 10:13:45 PM4/7/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I will be there. Do tell me if you guys need any help.

Cheers,
Michael

Doug

Apr 9, 2007, 11:15:58 PM4/9/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi all,

Here is the tentative agenda for the 19th April 2007 singapore.rb
meeting.

7:00pm Rails Plugins Showcase: Dead simple AJAX and Form testing in
Rails - Choon Keat
7:30pm FxRuby and ScreenSvr - Sausheong
8:00pm Q&A, discussions
8:30pm End of meeting/Head down to a watering hole for furthur
discussions/networking

andyj...@googlemail.com

Apr 10, 2007, 6:35:02 AM4/10/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
I'd like to come - I'm reasonably new to Rails and slightly newer to
Singapore!

Doug

Apr 11, 2007, 10:14:42 PM4/11/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Also, do let me know if you guys are blogging about the singapore.rb
meeting.

vyom

Apr 11, 2007, 11:21:58 PM4/11/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi

On Apr 1, 11:49 am, "Doug" <bians...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please indicate whether you will be attending the meeting by
> responding to this thread.

I will be there.

--
Deepak Jois
http://deepak.jois.name

sausheong

Apr 12, 2007, 1:33:27 AM4/12/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Oh I sorta blogged it already ... put an announcement post on my blog
-- http://blog.saush.com

jens

Apr 13, 2007, 3:25:46 AM4/13/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi,

i am new in Singapore. I am here for a Internship for the next Months.
I will also join the singapore.rb.

Is the Libary near the Bugis MRT station? In which room is the
meeting?

Jens

On 12 Apr., 13:33, "sausheong" <saushe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh I sorta blogged it already ... put an announcement post on my blog

> --http://blog.saush.com

sausheong

Apr 13, 2007, 4:17:06 AM4/13/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Nick mailed me and said he'll be there as well. He posted here but
someone his post wasn't displayed.

eglad...@yahoo.com

Apr 13, 2007, 5:08:16 AM4/13/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
I will be attending as well.

Ryan

> > still drop by to say hi?- Hide quoted text -

chu...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2007, 5:47:23 AM4/14/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hmm I may actually be able to attend now. Either way, I'm officially
"tentatively coming" ;).

Cheers,
Chu Yeow

On Apr 13, 5:08 pm, "egladiat...@yahoo.com" <egladiat...@yahoo.com>

Nick

Apr 14, 2007, 6:39:32 PM4/14/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Sau Sheong,

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your presentation. (I wonder if
this will appear?)

- Nick

Doug

Apr 16, 2007, 1:07:51 AM4/16/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Updated list of attendees

Confirmed
Douglas
Sausheong
Choon Keat
Herry
Peter
Keng Onn
Sean
Derrick
William
Chardy
Zeya

Dennis
MIchael
Andy
Deepak
Jens
NIck

Tentative
Mohit
Chu Yeow

Doug

Apr 16, 2007, 1:11:56 AM4/16/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hey Jens,

This might be useful for you [http://www.streetdirectory.com/
asia_travel/travel/travel.php?travel_id=32343&travel_site=13144]. The
Centrel Lending Library on basement 1 of the National Library at
Victoria Street.

Nick

Apr 16, 2007, 7:38:25 AM4/16/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi Doug,

What about directions once we are in the library? I remember at the
last "meeting"--there were only a few of us--we went to look at the
meeting rooms in the library. Although we weren't allowed to enter
them, we located a few, or at least the floors on which they were
located.

I remember one floor with some kind of exhibition space, and another--
or the same one?--with an American university program.

Anyway, it's a large building, so minimal directions, like what floor
to exit the elevator from, would be appreciated.

N.

On Apr 1, 10:49 am, "Doug" <bians...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The venue for the next singapore.rb meeting has been confirmed! We
> will be meeting at the Central Lending Library with the NLB graciously
> providing the use of a room (with WIFI), capacity is pegged at 40 to
> 50 people.
>
> The meeting is scheduled for the 19th of April, from 7pm to 8:30pm. I
> will be providing more information on the agenda once its confirmed.
> For now, I'll let on that there will be 2 speakers from the group
> sharing their knowledge on Ruby/Rails.

Nick

Apr 16, 2007, 7:40:35 AM4/16/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Whoops! Should have looked at the previous post. . .
Message has been deleted

sausheong

Apr 17, 2007, 9:57:38 AM4/17/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
I'll probably be there early to beat the evening traffic. The last
time I went I was 1 hour late because of the traffic. If I'm there
early I'll be at the library I suppose. Any way of going in the room
first?

On Apr 17, 12:02 am, "coench...@gmail.com" <coench...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to attend. Coen

Nigel Bruin

Apr 17, 2007, 7:03:11 PM4/17/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Delurk: I'm still hoping to come along and say Hello, work
permitting.

Nigel.

choonkeat

Apr 17, 2007, 11:27:37 PM4/17/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
See ya'll tmrw evening. 7pm aye? Hopefully I won't be presenting to an empty room.

Maybe I should toss in a somewhat related book for the early bird

Cheers
--
choonkeat
http://www.rssfwd.com/

William Teoh

Apr 18, 2007, 12:36:03 AM4/18/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Wow, or how about goodie bags for those early birds too? Lol...

No applicable to me though, coz will be rushing down from Bedok, finish work at 6.30. Surely late. =(

sausheong

Apr 18, 2007, 4:56:19 AM4/18/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
No worries, if no one else turns up I'll present to u and u'll present
to me :D

On Apr 18, 11:27 am, choonkeat <choonk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See ya'll tmrw evening. 7pm aye? Hopefully I won't be presenting to an empty
> room.
>
> Maybe I should toss in a somewhat related

> book<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-Javascript-DOM-Scripting-Ajax/dp/15...>for

> the early bird
>
> Cheers
> --

> choonkeathttp://www.rssfwd.com/http://sharedcopy.com/

daniel

Apr 18, 2007, 9:22:34 PM4/18/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
I'll be coming as well, and I'm bringing along my biz partner from
Texas, y'all.

-daniel

Keng Onn

Apr 18, 2007, 9:46:57 PM4/18/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Just to re-confirm, the venue is at basement 1 of NLB rite? Which room in particular? Is there anyone to contact in case we can't find the venue?

Dun wanna end up wandering ard the whole library (it's big, unlike Starbucks :P) looking for you guys...

Regards,
Keng Onn.

Doug

Apr 18, 2007, 9:48:58 PM4/18/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
The room will be available from 6:15pm. Ivan should be there by then.

GaryT

Apr 18, 2007, 10:46:02 PM4/18/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
I'm pretty new to the language, but I'd like to sit in and learn
something ;)

Best regards,
Gary Theis

Arun Thampi

Apr 18, 2007, 10:49:09 PM4/18/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Hi - I'm interested to join meeting as well. See you guys there!

Arun

sausheong

Apr 18, 2007, 11:55:56 PM4/18/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Doug, there's going to be a projector as well, right? I'm going to do
some slides and give a short demo, wouldn't work if 10+ people have to
squeeze to look at the small screen.

Doug

Apr 19, 2007, 12:08:05 AM4/19/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Its the Multipurpose Room on basement 1

On Apr 19, 9:46 am, "Keng Onn" <keng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to re-confirm, the venue is at basement 1 of NLB rite? Which room in
> particular? Is there anyone to contact in case we can't find the venue?
>
> Dun wanna end up wandering ard the whole library (it's big, unlike Starbucks
> :P) looking for you guys...
>
> Regards,
> Keng Onn.

Doug

Apr 19, 2007, 12:08:52 AM4/19/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Yeah, there will be a projector available for use. Do you need any
special connector for hooking it up?

sausheong

Apr 19, 2007, 1:52:39 AM4/19/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Thks. I thin k it should be fine.

choonkeat

Apr 19, 2007, 11:31:53 AM4/19/07
to singap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all attended, and Doug for making it possible.

Some reference links on the plugins I covered (including installation steps that I'd promised),

sausheong

Apr 19, 2007, 2:13:13 PM4/19/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Here's the slides and the source code for today's presentation:

http://blog.saush.com/?p=173

Hope everyone had fun! It was great meeting up, we should do this more
often. Maybe now with NLB's help we can do it.

On Apr 19, 11:31 pm, choonkeat <choonk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all attended, and Doug for making it possible.
>
> Some reference links on the plugins I covered (including installation steps
> that I'd promised),
>

> -http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/krjs
> -http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/hpricot_forms

> Cheers
> --
> choonkeathttp://www.rssfwd.com/http://sharedcopy.com/

Doug

Apr 19, 2007, 10:02:04 PM4/19/07
to Singapore Ruby Brigade
Thanks to all who attended, it was a great meeting! My thanks
especially to Choon Keat and Sausheong for making the presentations.
On to the next meeting :)