[ANN] Sinatra 0.3.3 (end of the line for Rack 0.4)

Ryan Tomayko

Jan 7, 2009, 1:06:30 AM1/7/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the process of pushing out a Sinatra 0.3.3 gem release that's
pinned to Rack 0.4. This should be the last of the 0.3.x releases and
will be the last version to support Rack 0.4.

From the ChangeLog for 0.3.3:

* Pin to Rack 0.4.0 (this is the last release on Rack 0.4)

* Log unhandled exception backtraces to rack.errors.

* Use RACK_ENV environment variable to establish Sinatra
environment when given. Thin sets this when started with
the -e argument.

* BUG: raising Sinatra::NotFound resulted in a 500 response
code instead of 404.

* BUG: use_in_file_templates! fails with CR/LF (#45)

* BUG: Sinatra detects the app file and root path when run under
thin/passenger.

The next version of Sinatra will be 0.9.0. It's going to be based on the
hoboken branch, will require rack 0.9.0, and should be released within a
couple of weeks. As such, we're going to create an 0.3.x branch and move
0.9.0 development to master. The hoboken branch will stay around for a
while to prevent link rot but will receive no additional changes.

(Our apologies for all the branch shuffling and general chaos. Things
should smooth out a bit from here.)

Thanks,
Ryan