[ATT] We want to link to you and your company

Blake Mizerany

Feb 10, 2009, 4:22:28 AM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
If you are using Sinatra at your company, tell us who your and and send a link to your companies website and I'll put you on the offical site.

Let's make this list as big as I know it should be.

--
Blake Mizerany
blake.m...@gmail.com

Travis Bell

Feb 10, 2009, 5:00:17 AM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
Hey Blake,

I was going to wait until we launch but what the hell, I'll atleast mention the fact that we're building "Chargd" ( http://www.chargd.com/ ) with Sinatra.

Another piece I was looking at migrating over to Sinatra was the TMDb API ( http://api.themoviedb.org/ ) but this hasn't been finalized yet.

Not sure if you will link any of them yet since they're not done but it's all being done through Meticulo ( http://www.meticulo.com/ )

Cheers man,

--
Travis Bell

Aaron Quint

Feb 10, 2009, 9:37:27 AM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
Hey All

Quirkey NYC (http://quirkey.com) - I used sinatra for my portfolio, my tiny feed fetching app (columnlog: http://github.com/quirkey/columnlog), and I'm using it now to build a lightweight API for a top-secret client app.

Thanks!
--AQ

Adam Keys

Feb 10, 2009, 10:41:24 AM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 10, 2009, at 3:22 AM, Blake Mizerany wrote:

> If you are using Sinatra at your company, tell us who your and and
> send a link to your companies website and I'll put you on the
> offical site.
>
> Let's make this list as big as I know it should be.

The service that clients connect to for pushing metrics in Dash is a
little Sinatra app. I just upgraded it to 0.9 a couple weeks ago.

In addition, we have a gem that supports fetching metrics from a
Sinatra app.

http://dash.fiveruns.com

--
~akk

Brian LeRoux

Feb 10, 2009, 12:51:21 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
We're using Sinatra at Nitobi Software for a few projects. http://nitobi.com

Scott Trudeau

Feb 10, 2009, 1:56:22 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com

We're using Sinatra at Apartment Therapy http://www.apartmenttherapy.com for the light weight web service behind our recently launched "thumbs up" widget (a digg-like feature for contest entries and other things).

Scott

Nicolás Sanguinetti

Feb 10, 2009, 2:12:30 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
At ENTP we use sinatra for some of our apps, like our upcoming
payments system (which will be open sourced soon ;))

http://entp.com

-foca

Joseph Pearson

Feb 10, 2009, 4:06:45 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
I may have gone a little quiet on this list since 2007, but we're still building all sorts of internal web services and test harnesses and dangerous experiments in Sinatra. Among the released are a couple of iPhone geegaws: [Kapow](http://code.google.com/p/kapow/) -- which I faithfully upgraded all the way to 0.2.2, but which could perhaps stand an update -- and [Knapsack](http://github.com/joseph/knapsack/tree/master).

http://inventivelabs.com.au

- J

Dylan Egan

Feb 10, 2009, 5:18:02 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
I use it for a few projects here at EY.

I'm sure somewhere else in the company someone is using it for something.

I <3 it and so does everyone I know, except my mum.

Cheers,

Dylan.

Nicolás Sanguinetti

Feb 10, 2009, 5:19:44 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com

Well, my grandma loves Sinatra ;)

Jimmy Schementi

Feb 10, 2009, 5:43:03 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
http://ironruby.info uses Sinatra to show daily statistics of how IronRuby compares to Ruby 1.8.6.

Christopher Schneider

Feb 10, 2009, 5:44:02 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't run on iron ruby does it?

caffo (rodrigo franco)

Feb 10, 2009, 5:58:17 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
flexcode (flexcode.com.br) uses sinatra in one of our products (moourl.com) and other support systems. :)

cheers,

--
Rodrigo Franco <Caffo>
self.push(C8H10N4O2)

Jimmy Schementi

Feb 10, 2009, 6:17:56 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
IronRuby does run Sinatra 0.3.0 (with webrick), haven't tried it with 0.9.x.x yet. This site doesn't use IronRuby (cause it's currently hosted on Dreamhost, they don't have mono installed). The data is generated on a Windows machine, and uploaded to that site. Soon http://ironruby.info will show tests runs of various ruby frameworks, and Sinatra will be one of the first.

~Jimmy

Blake Mizerany

Feb 10, 2009, 6:43:15 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
Wow!  This is great guys.  I've updated the site (http://www.sinatrarb.com/wild.html).  Please give comments and keep those links and apps coming!
--
Blake Mizerany
blake.m...@gmail.com

Julio Javier Cicchelli

Feb 10, 2009, 7:39:44 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, my one-man company Rock & Code (http://www.rock-n-code.com) is currently working on various websites and web applications that will be see the day anytime soon.

In the meantime, I am keep on writing some Ruby libraries I am requiring for them.

Best regards,
Javier.-

Paul Vaillant

Feb 10, 2009, 10:43:04 PM2/10/09
to sinatrarb
We use Sinatra at Zaptxt (http://zaptxt.com) to power our API.

paul
> blake.mizer...@gmail.com

Joel VanderWerf

Feb 10, 2009, 11:46:49 PM2/10/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
Blake Mizerany wrote:
> If you are using Sinatra at your company, tell us who your and and send
> a link to your companies website and I'll put you on the offical site.

Not a company, but at the California PATH program (Partners for Advanced
Transit and Highways) at UC Berkeley[1], we use sinatra for web services
for in-vehicle applications on our Vehicle-Infrastructure Integration
server[2]:

- dynamic signage (speed limits, work zones, etc.)

- situational awareness (slow traffic ahead, incident ahead)

- probe vehicle (uploads your gps data)

The clients are smartphones.

[1] http://www.path.berkeley.edu
[2] http://vii.path.berkeley.edu

Blake Mizerany

Feb 11, 2009, 1:20:31 AM2/11/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
The PATH program!  I always knew Sinatra was out there saving lives. :)
--
Blake Mizerany
blake.m...@gmail.com

Delano Mandelbaum

Feb 11, 2009, 7:35:18 AM2/11/09
to sinatrarb
We're using Sinatra at Solutious (http://solutious.com/) for client
projects and internal stuff. We're also using it in our performance
testing product that will be release later this year.

On a side note, one of my personal sites (http://delanotes.com/) is
still running 0.2.3. Rock solid!

Delano
> blake.mizer...@gmail.com

Kenneth Kalmer

Feb 11, 2009, 8:21:32 AM2/11/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Blake Mizerany <blake.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you are using Sinatra at your company, tell us who your and and send a link to your companies website and I'll put you on the offical site.

Let's make this list as big as I know it should be.

Here at inX (www.inx.co.za) we use a multitude of sinatra apps in our ISP in a Box (www.ispinabox.co.za) system. They expose certain aspects of our infrastructure in a RESTful way, along us to programmatically manage a load of linux virtual services that run all the services we offer clients.

Part of the work has also been extracted into ratpack (http://github.com/kennethkalmer/ratpack) which is a small HTTP to XMPP bridge built with Sinatra.

Best

--
Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth...@gmail.com

capt...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2009, 8:41:56 AM2/11/09
to sinatrarb
my (very simple) learning Sinatra app: http://mycommutecost.info

cheers,
Chris
> blake.mizer...@gmail.com

S. Brent Faulkner

Feb 11, 2009, 9:08:59 AM2/11/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
> my (very simple) learning Sinatra app: http://mycommutecost.info

that's a handy little single serving site... if you want to enhance it
a bit you could add support for metric too (L and L/100km)

cheers.

Gus

Feb 11, 2009, 5:00:59 PM2/11/09
to sinatrarb
I use it for:

1. http://gusg.us
2. http://github.com/thumblemonks/evoke which is used in web-service
fashion for a side-project I am working on that is currently hush hush
3. http://github.com/thumblemonks/iamjacks which I haven't had time to
finish yet

My company is using it for an LDAP front-end interface; e.g. user's
can change passwords and such.

On Feb 10, 3:22 am, Blake Mizerany <blake.mizer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> blake.mizer...@gmail.com

George Guimarães

Feb 11, 2009, 7:37:28 PM2/11/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
We use sinatra at http://pagestacker.com to handle the thumbnail web service.

It works this way:
1) Check if the url has a thumbnail in our S3 account, and if so, redirect to the image;
2) if not, create a message with the url in it to be retrieved by our "thumbshot-maker-farm".

Using and loving it! =D

Regards,
George Guimarães.

Gus

Feb 12, 2009, 7:44:37 PM2/12/09
to sinatrarb
The company I work is called Centro ( http://www.centro.net )

On Feb 11, 4:00 pm, Gus <jaknowl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use it for:
>
> 1.http://gusg.us
> 2.http://github.com/thumblemonks/evokewhich is used in web-service
> fashion for a side-project I am working on that is currently hush hush
> 3.http://github.com/thumblemonks/iamjackswhich I haven't had time to

Graham Ashton

Feb 14, 2009, 5:44:31 AM2/14/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com
2009/2/10 Blake Mizerany <blake.m...@gmail.com>:

> If you are using Sinatra at your company, tell us who your and and send a
> link to your companies website and I'll put you on the offical site.

I use it to run my (1 man) company web site, with a simple
CMS/blogging engine that I cooked up over the Christmas break. See
http://effectif.com/nesta.

I'm using it at on a client's projects too - I'll send you a link to
that once it's live.

Graham

Brian Deterling

Feb 24, 2009, 10:21:03 AM2/24/09
to sinatrarb
I just released TweepDiff (http://tweepdiff.com) which uses Sinatra.
It's a simple app to compare friends/followers of two Twitter users.
I forked the wiki page and added it, but maybe I need to issue a pull
request.

Brian

On Feb 10, 3:22 am, Blake Mizerany <blake.mizer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are using Sinatra at your company, tell us who your and and send a
> link to your companies website and I'll put you on the offical site.

Simon Rozet

Feb 24, 2009, 10:28:06 AM2/24/09
to sina...@googlegroups.com