[ANN] Christmas present: Sinatra 1.1.1 and 1.2.0.a released

Konstantin Haase

Dec 25, 2010, 5:42:15 PM12/25/10
to sina...@googlegroups.com
You probably noticed that earlier today new patchlevel releases of both Ruby 1.8.7 and 1.9.2 have been published in an old Ruby christmas tradition. Well, this year we're joining the Ruby core team by pushing a new Sinatra release. We just made sure all tests pass on the new Ruby versions and are glad to announce Sinatra 1.1.1. This is just a maintenance release fixing a couple of issues that came up (mainly headaches with encodings), see the changes for detailed informations: https://github.com/sinatra/sinatra/blob/master/CHANGES. To upgrade, just run `gem install sinatra`.

We also published a prerelease for the next upcoming major release of Sinatra, which is going to be 1.2.0. This is neither feature complete nor extensively tested in production, it should however be rather stable. To install it, run `gem install sinatra --pre`. If you are going to use it in production, please feel free to hand in some feedback.

Merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you.

The Sinatra Team
Blake Mizerany, Ryan Tomayko, Simon Rozet and Konstantin Haase

Francisco Cabrita

Dec 25, 2010, 7:37:37 PM12/25/10
to sina...@googlegroups.com
WOW This was a super nice present :D thanks guys, awesome job :D
( hope my girlfriend doesn't see this :> )

Happy New year,
Francisco

Jason Rogers

Dec 25, 2010, 7:52:55 PM12/25/10
to sina...@googlegroups.com
Well done, Sinatra Team. Thanks.

> --

Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life
which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of
the Son of God, who loved me, and gave
himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20

Nevin