ajax file upload field

Nivanka Fonseka

Mar 24, 2011, 2:29:14 AM3/24/11
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I remember there has been some talks about Ajax file uploading field.

I did something like that recently using this plugin http://valums.com/ajax-upload/
I'd like to build this to work as an extension of the FileField or FileIFrameField wanting to
learn will there be any potential of adding this to SS 3, if it is not much of worth I think
there is no point in developing it.

can someone please give me a heads up.

cheers

nivanka

--
Nivanka Fonseka
Senior Software Engineer

Skype: nivanka.fonseka
Twitter: @nivankafonseka

Simon J Welsh

Mar 24, 2011, 3:06:46 AM3/24/11
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I have done work on something like that for one of my projects. I currently haven't tested it much or added in error handling. It ties into to either the submit event or one of the jQuery forms hooks.

Nivanka Fonseka

Mar 24, 2011, 3:42:09 AM3/24/11
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
the one I have done is just works fine, and now integrated to some project of mine.

hope this has potential.

cheers

Morven Lewis-Everley

Mar 25, 2011, 4:04:02 AM3/25/11
to silverst...@googlegroups.com

I have looked at the designs on git hub for SS 3.0. They appear to show an ajax drag and drop upload field, similar to Google mail.

I guess you can assume from that there is one in development. I haven't heard anything more concrete than that though I am afraid.

Mo

On 24 Mar 2011 07:42, "Nivanka Fonseka" <fonse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the one I have done is just works fine, and now integrated to some project
> of mine.
>
> hope this has potential.
>
> cheers
>

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Simon J Welsh <welsh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I have done work on something like that for one of my projects. I currently
>> haven't tested it much or added in error handling. It ties into to either
>> the submit event or one of the jQuery forms hooks.
>>
>> http://svn.simon.geek.nz/silverstripe/ajaxfilefields/trunk/
>> ---
>> Simon Welsh
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 24/03/2011, at 19:29, Nivanka Fonseka <fonse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I remember there has been some talks about Ajax file uploading field.
>>
>> I did something like that recently using this plugin

Nivanka Fonseka

Mar 25, 2011, 5:28:37 AM3/25/11
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to wrap this into a form field, the problem is if the work is going to stick to 2.4 there is no point in taking such effort.

this plugin can handle the drag and drop reordering, and it works on IE 7, 8, 9 as well.