2.4.0 Nested URLs - Redirect Behavior

Aaron Cooper

Jul 4, 2010, 5:52:48 PM7/4/10
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I have been baking my noodle over this for a while, and getting no joy out
of the forums. I have upgrade a site from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0 and activated
nested URLs in the config. Original page structure was, and still is, like
this:

-->Tours
----->Tour 1
----->Tour 2

Before the upgrade, the urls were just www.mysite.com/tour-1 and
www.mysite.com/tour-2. After the upgrade and nested url activation they were
www.mysite.com/tours/tour-1 and www.mysite.com/tours/tour-2.

Does anyone know what the redirect behaviour (if any) is for nested URLs?
Since the upgrade, the new URLs work perfectly, but the old ones just give a
404. Which is a problem for already indexed pages. The docs have one brief
note "your old URLs should redirect automatically".
http://doc.silverstripe.org/upgrading:2.4.0?s[]=nested

Is there a missing step in the upgrade? All I did was replace core
directories, dev/build, enable nested urls.

OG post is located at
http://www.silverstripe.org/upgrading-silverstripe/show/286788#post286788 .

Cheers
Aaron

Aaron Cooper

Jul 4, 2010, 7:09:59 PM7/4/10
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much Jamie. I'll check it out.

Sam, are you aware of the revision? Latest Trunk?

Regards
Aaron

Fred Condo

Jul 7, 2010, 12:47:57 PM7/7/10
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Aaron Cooper <sup...@zanzomedia.com> wrote:
> Thanks very much Jamie. I'll check it out.
>
> Sam, are you aware of the revision? Latest Trunk?

It was fixed in r104468 on the 2.4 branch of sapphire.

Aaron Cooper

Jul 7, 2010, 3:58:48 PM7/7/10
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fred,

I downloaded the latest stable trunk last night and found that to be
functioning as described.

Cheers
Aaron