Attention Module Maintainers: Please review your silverstripe.org/modules listings

Ingo Schommer

Jan 21, 2010, 8:27:03 PM1/21/10
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

If you are listed as a "module maintainer" on http://silverstripe.org/modules,
we'd like you to take a minute and review your listings.

We have improved this area, and added a search feature
as well as smarter "supported SilverStripe versions" metadata.
You can now denote specific SilverStripe versions that
your module was tested with, as opposed to a single plaintext field.
We've prepoluated this new metadata whereever possible already.

Also, you can have multiple releases of a module now,
each with their own SilverStripe core requirements.
So if you have older releases with different requirements
that you've overwritten in the "old" module editor,
we'd appreciate if you list them on there as well.

Screenshots:
http://skitch.com/chillu/ntum9/edit-a-module-silverstripe.org-open-source-cms-framework
http://skitch.com/chillu/ntucr/mozilla-firefox

To edit a module, please log-in on silverstripe.org,
you should see an "edit this module" on the detail listing
(provided you're a registered maintainer).

Thanks!
Ingo

-------
Ingo Schommer | Senior Developer
SilverStripe
http://silverstripe.com

Phone: +64 4 978 7330 ext 42
Skype: chillu23

Hamish Campbell

Jan 22, 2010, 7:11:07 PM1/22/10
to SilverStripe Development
Thanks Ingo,

Can we get the same for Widgets - at least the keyword search.

Also, got a widget awaiting moderation for more than a week - is there
a prob?

Regards
Hamish

On Jan 22, 2:27 pm, Ingo Schommer <i...@silverstripe.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>

> If you are listed as a "module maintainer" onhttp://silverstripe.org/modules,

> we'd like you to take a minute and review your listings.
>
> We have improved this area, and added a search feature
> as well as smarter "supported SilverStripe versions" metadata.
> You can now denote specific SilverStripe versions that
> your module was tested with, as opposed to a single plaintext field.
> We've prepoluated this new metadata whereever possible already.
>
> Also, you can have multiple releases of a module now,
> each with their own SilverStripe core requirements.
> So if you have older releases with different requirements
> that you've overwritten in the "old" module editor,
> we'd appreciate if you list them on there as well.
>

> Screenshots:http://skitch.com/chillu/ntum9/edit-a-module-silverstripe.org-open-so...http://skitch.com/chillu/ntucr/mozilla-firefox

> To edit a module, please log-in on silverstripe.org,
> you should see an "edit this module" on the detail listing
> (provided you're a registered maintainer).
>
> Thanks!
> Ingo
>
> -------
> Ingo Schommer | Senior Developer

> SilverStripehttp://silverstripe.com

Ingo Schommer

Jan 22, 2010, 11:11:21 PM1/22/10
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Good point... I've forwarded your question to Sibylle,
who's in charge of ss.org features, as well as
Andrew/Will who are approving modules AFAIK.

Thanks
Ingo