SilverStripe 2.4.6 (security amendment)

Ingo Schommer

Dec 3, 2011, 6:11:41 AM12/3/11
to silverstri...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

In our 2.4.6 release a couple of weeks ago we've also included a security-related change
in the way we handle files in the built-in search (through the FulltextSearchable extension).

While its more of an unexpected default behaviour than a security flaw,
I felt that it needs to be highlighted due to its potential privacy and data protection implications.
I've amended the 2.4.6 upgrading guides to describe the issue:

In short: If you're hosting sensitive files or allowing users to upload their own files,
please upgrade and read the instructions carefully.

Regards
Ingo