Fwd: internet censorship: in the Senate today

Elias Bizannes

Nov 10, 2008, 9:08:59 PM11/10/08
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ludlam, Scott (Senator) <Senator...@aph.gov.au>
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:05 PM
Subject: internet censorship: in the Senate today
To: undisclosed-recipients

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Greens regarding the internet censorship issue – I'm just letting you know that I'm going to be raising the issue in the Senate today, and you can watch the broadcast live online here:

http://webcast.aph.gov.au/livebroadcasting/eventdetailsSenate.aspx?eventid=965629

In the Senate question time at about 2:30PM eastern summer time today I plan on asking Communications Minister Stephen Conroy about his project for mandatory internet censorship, the so-called 'clean feed' which you've written to me about.

If you miss the broadcast I'll have the transcript and a video clip here as soon as possible: http://scott-ludlam.org.au/

Depending on the Minister's answer, you might like to give him a call on (02) 6277 7480 or email him on  senator...@aph.gov.au

This proposal has raised major concerns in the online community – thanks for taking the time to add your voice to this debate.

Cheers,

Senator Scott Ludlam

Communications spokesperson for the Australian Greens

Question time broadcast (approximate):

2:30pm Eastern Summer(NSW, ACT, VIC)

12:30pm Western (WA)

2pm Central (NT, SA)

1.30pm (Queensland)

SENATOR SCOTT LUDLAM

PERTH: Tel 08 9225 5799 | Fax: 08 9225 5599
GPO Box B58, Perth WA 6838

CANBERRA: Tel: 02 6277 3467 | Fax: 03 6277 5821
S1.36, Parliament House, Canberra ACT 2600

www.scottludlam.org.au

--
Elias Bizannes
http://liako.biz

Elias Bizannes

Nov 10, 2008, 9:35:59 PM11/10/08
to Silicon Beach Australia

Nov 10, 2008, 10:59:07 PM11/10/08
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
crap! is it over? - I forgot about daylight savings.

Ash

Pat Allan

Nov 10, 2008, 11:05:20 PM11/10/08
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
It didn't go for long, and it was just Conroy being his usual pompous
self again.

--
Pat

Andrew Barnett

Nov 11, 2008, 8:58:00 AM11/11/08
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
It looks as though Senator Ludlam's questions, and Conroy's comments have made Wed's SMH (http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/biztech/net-censorship-plan-backlash/2008/11/11/1226318639085.html) or (http://tinyurl.com/3nqwxv)

Sounds like our protests are becoming more mainstream.

Andrew