Offer Template for Capital raising

Bob Ilievski

Jul 18, 2011, 6:54:38 PM7/18/11
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Dear Frozen beach

at least this is what the weather feels like right now in Melbourne.

I would like to reach out to you all for some help or advise if anyone is willing to share a template for an Offer for Capital raising or at very least advise what are the heading which need to be covered in the Offer, before I go and get legal help.

I have been engaged in a dialog with my investor for more than 12 months so I believe I have a sound relationship and only the other day he asked me to put something together and make him an offer.

Right now I have reiterated the opportunity in my offer

These are the heading I have used

1 ) Size of the issue

2 ) Valuation

3) Acceptance¨
¨

is there something which I have missed ??

Also if you have any suggestion on good Laywer who specialize in this area and ball park figure on budgetary cost.

Thank you in advance, Bob

M : +61416131788
E : B...@ibuywesell.com

Alexander Levashov

Jul 18, 2011, 7:26:08 PM7/18/11
to Bob Ilievski
Hi Bob,

the structure I saw was something like that:

Intro
Terms of financing
"Preferences" (several clauses about protection and preferences for
your investor like anti-dilution, liquidation preferences, founder
vesting, etc, whatever you are ready to offer);
Voting rights
Board of Director
Reporting

You may also find useful to check this short video from Khan Academy,
I think it explains the seed round pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OCjwBkMJ_E&feature=player_embedded#at=20

--
Best regards,
Alexander Levashov

email: alex.l...@gmail.com

grecko

Jul 18, 2011, 8:18:11 PM7/18/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
only read this quick but the americans have good templates for various
raises such as:
http://www.seriesseed.com/posts/2010/09/version-20-and-why-series-seed-documents-are-better-than-capped-convertible-notes.html
techstars did something too i think

Bob Ilievski

Jul 20, 2011, 12:58:43 AM7/20/11
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Thank you alexander,

Hi Bob,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OCjwBkMJ_E&feature=player_embedded#at=20

email: alex.l...@gmail.com

> Dear Frozen beach

> 2 ) Valuation

> 3) Acceptance¨
> ¨

> M : +61416131788
> E : B...@ibuywesell.com

silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

djinoz

Jul 20, 2011, 4:54:08 PM7/20/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Startmate published their docs which are prepared under local law so
this will save you money if you are after an pref equity round. It
even has a termsheet which is what you are after now. Essentially this
is a localised version of seriesseed so it should be near best
practice. Ymmv

http://www.startmate.com.au/financing-docs
Regards
D.