video inside a wiki (dokuwiki)

Horst JENS

Feb 25, 2008, 4:03:09 PM2/25/08
to showmedo
I found this wiki (about ubuntu games) that has an embedded video inside
a wiki. The wiki syntax looks like mediawiki but calls itself dokuwiki.
the embedded youtube video is made with html.

Would such a system not be perfect for showmedo ?

link to a page about the civilisation game; look at the big youtube
video below the screenshots

http://gaming.gwos.org/doku.php/games:alphabetical:f:freeciv

here is the wikisyntax for embedding the video (it's actual html):

===== Screenshots =====

|{{games:alphabetical:f:freeciv1.jpg:?200x150|}}
|{{games:alphabetical:f:freeciv2.jpg:?200x150|}}
|{{games:alphabetical:f:freeciv3.jpg:?200x150|}}|

===== Video =====

value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpQvPJZ1h70&rel=1"></param><param
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpQvPJZ1h70&rel=1"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="400"

===== Information =====

**Category:** [[games:strategy|Turn-based Strategy]]

**License:** GPL

signature.asc

CompiledKernel

Feb 26, 2008, 2:09:56 PM2/26/08
to ShowMeDo
As the owner of the Ubuntu Gamers Arena,

It is indeed a project called Dokuwiki.

link here -- http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

You can just as easily embed videos into Mediawiki -- if thats what
your using -- if you have the html stuff enabled.

I tended to have chosen Dokuwiki over Mediawiki, because like
MoinMoinWiki, Dokuwiki uses flat file storage over a DB, which proves
to be much faster, easier to manage, and much less of a pain to backup
and restore.

CK.
> signature.asc
> 1KDownload

Horst JENS

Feb 27, 2008, 3:27:02 AM2/27/08
to show...@googlegroups.com

> You can just as easily embed videos into Mediawiki -- if thats what
> your using -- if you have the html stuff enabled.

oh, that's a valuable information, thanks.
another question, is it difficult to set up a dokuwiki with multiple
languages ? I noticed the language links on the top-right of your wiki.
I found no easy solution how to do this in mediawiki.

-Horst

signature.asc

Horst JENS

Feb 27, 2008, 3:38:00 AM2/27/08
to show...@googlegroups.com

> another question, is it difficult to set up a dokuwiki with multiple
> languages ? I noticed the language links on the top-right of your wiki.
> I found no easy solution how to do this in mediawiki.

sorry, i was confusing your wiki with the dokuwiki homepage itself.
There is some information about an multilanguage-plugin. I see now that
your wiki is English-only.
-Horst

signature.asc