ShowMeDo monthly conference call - this thurs

Ian Ozsvald

Apr 8, 2008, 8:13:45 AM4/8/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
I'm just checking - is everyone good for the monthly conference call this month? I'm just writing the monthly user-update email and I wanted to have a thread to link to.

I'm assuming we're running it this Thursday, 7pm UK time, on Gizmo5 as before.

Please reply if you're planning on joining us.

Cheers,
Ian.

--
http://Services.ShowMeDo.com
http://ShowMeDo.com

Lucas Holland

Apr 8, 2008, 8:25:35 AM4/8/08
to ShowMeDo
This thursday, gosh, time really does fly ;-). I'll most probably make
it ;-)

Horst JENS

Apr 8, 2008, 8:53:36 AM4/8/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
i plan to join. not very sure.

-Horst

signature.asc

Jaqui

Apr 8, 2008, 9:01:37 AM4/8/08
to ShowMeDo
I'll have to check and make sure gizmo5 runs on 64 bit ... and try
make sure I'm up at that un-holy hour of the day. you do realise that
the SUN is above the horizon at 11 am do you not? 8-)
[ I work 3:30 pm Pacific time to 11:30 pm, so I'm usually in bed until
3 pm. ( silly me, live and work in the same building ) ]

dai

Apr 8, 2008, 10:38:16 AM4/8/08
to ShowMeDo
count me in

Jerol

Apr 10, 2008, 3:15:04 AM4/10/08
to ShowMeDo
Ian,
I will make it if work doesn't interfere (it is 11AM for me).
Jerol

Lucas Holland

Apr 10, 2008, 4:16:31 AM4/10/08
to ShowMeDo
I might not make it. I'm ill (accute bronchitis, according to the doc)
so talking isn't really an option for me :-(

Ian Ozsvald

Apr 10, 2008, 4:29:07 AM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
Ag! Take time off and don't talk! On and off I suffer from awful throats (over-active tonsils, apparently) and then I just have to clam up for a bit too.

I hope you feel better soon, we'll have an mp3 I'm sure which you can follow later.

i.

Horst JENS

Apr 10, 2008, 1:18:01 PM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
What are the exact things to type into gizmo ?

I don't find a showmedo number in gizmo (and i forgot how i did it last
time). What is gizmo5 exactly ?

-Horst

--
Horst JENS
horst...@chello.at

signature.asc

Ian Ozsvald

Apr 10, 2008, 1:21:19 PM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
For those attending this evening's chat we're using gizmo5 (http://gizmo5.com/) again. Gizmo5 is a SIP voip client so if you already have a SIP system then you can just use that.

If you don't have a SIP system then you'll have to install gizmo5 - it works on Linux, Mac and Windows. Skype *cannot* be used for this chat (they use a proprietary protocol) and it can't talk to SIP phonecalls.

To join the conference you'll dial '1-222-888-2222' which is a free SIP number. There is a text chat option, we should be using the group 'showmedoconfchat'.

The call starts in 40 minutes (7pm UK time).

Ian.

Ian Ozsvald

Apr 10, 2008, 1:22:02 PM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
Look at the msg I've just posted - it has the phone nbr you need, that's all there is to it!

gizmo5 is a SIP client, if you have a sip client then you can use that instead.

i.

Ian Ozsvald

Apr 10, 2008, 1:38:07 PM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
The agenda for tonight will include:
More SEO to come for all (meaning more visitors for you all)
John and Kyran posting new Subscriber Club videos this month
Our FOSS focus - how do we spread the word?
(possibly) Making money via ShowMeDo (seeing as Horst brought it up)

Starting in 20 minutes...

i.

Rob M.

Apr 10, 2008, 2:02:26 PM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I don't have a mike but I am on the conf listening thru gizmo. Is there a chat feature??

Rob

Rob M.

Apr 10, 2008, 2:05:10 PM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
calfdog

Rob M.

Apr 10, 2008, 2:05:57 PM4/10/08
to show...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!!

Jerol

May 7, 2008, 5:17:43 PM5/7/08
to ShowMeDo
I will be there (providing my work doesn't interfere).
Jerol

Lucas Holland

May 8, 2008, 1:18:18 AM5/8/08
to ShowMeDo
Jerol,

this month's conference call will be held tomorrow, Friday 9th. Just
to make sure you don't try to connect today ;-)

Lucas

DoxaLogos

May 8, 2008, 9:59:55 AM5/8/08
to ShowMeDo
I won't be there. Helping a friend move.