PetitShogi

Bernhard

Aug 23, 2010, 12:11:27 PM8/23/10
to SHOGI-L
Hi,

there is a program called PetitShogi at this side: http://www.geocities.jp/shogi_depot/.

This program can also play Minishogi and Judkins shogi.
There is also a file (ssp.exe) which uses USI.

While PetitShogi.exe works properly, the USI version (ssp.exe)
unfortunately have a terrible bug: the engine promotes in the last
three rows.

Because this page is completely japanese, can someone help me, please?
Can someone talk to the writers of ssp.exe and tell about this bug,
please?

Thank you very much,

Bernhard

Richie

Aug 29, 2010, 11:42:42 AM8/29/10
to SHOGI-L
Please try google translate. i hope this helps.

btw, if any open source software sites has old dates, there is a high
probability the software project is jeopardy or dead. if the site
doesn't come out on top of a search, this means the software are buggy
or not used at all. if the site doesn't have a contact us page, stay
away. it might be a hacker's trap.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.jp%2Fshogi_depot%2F&sl=auto&tl=en

Bernhard

Aug 29, 2010, 11:58:50 AM8/29/10
to SHOGI-L

HI,

> Please try google translate. i hope this helps.

I know all I have to know. ;-)

Still google-translate is TERRIBLE when translating to/from Japanese.
Maybe you like to try this: http://forum.81squareuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=464
;-)

But still there is an other problem: I can't found any EMail-Adress on
that page. :-(((
If there would be any, I could try it in english language first, then
maybe try if they would understand google-translation (but I hardly
could believe that and I think that would be unpolite to send them
such an email) and finaly hope someone will translate a few sentences.

But first the email ...

Bye,

Bernhard

Richie