Result of Yingde Cup tournament

1 view

kaiwan

Aug 6, 2009, 12:51:31 PM8/6/09
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The page below provides a brief result of the Yingde Cup tournament in
Shanghai.
Just minimal information with photo snapshot:

http://www.kaiwan.hk/shogi/Yingde.htm

Congratulation to Erwann Le Pelleter of France for achieving the 3rd
individual place.
Amazingly, both finalists are young kids, maybe at their early teenages, I
guess.
The Japanese boy beated the one from Shanghai.
I won 4 out of 5 games but ranked the 9th partly due to low opponent scores.

Hong Kong team achieved the 4th place in the team tournament.
The top 3 places were dominated by Japanese teams.

Regards,

Kai Wan Leung
Hong Kong, China

Oliver

Aug 13, 2009, 7:22:30 AM8/13/09
to SHOGI-L
Hi,

On Aug 6, 6:51 pm, "kaiwan" <lkai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amazingly, both finalists are young kids, maybe at their early teenages, I
> guess. The Japanese boy beated the one from Shanghai.

Finalists were
1. Takahashi Shoutarou 4 Dan, 15 years old, Japan
2. Zhan Xin 1 Dan, 13 years old, Shanghai/China

For a little bit more information obout them
and some pictures of the German team see

http://www.sanitaetshaus-winkler.de/shogi/Die_Shogiszene/Nationalmannschaft/nationalmannschaft.html

By the way: does anyone know anything about the Dan-Kyu-system in
China??

Regards

Oliver Orschiedt
Ludwigshafen / Germany

leung kaiwan

Aug 14, 2009, 12:58:44 PM8/14/09
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Below are two video news about the tournament (in Chinese only).
http://sports.joy.cn/video/665854.htm
http://sports.joy.cn/video/663098.htm

By the way, would you mind to be more specific about the dan-kyu
system question?
Perhaps I know a bit about this.

Regards,

Kai Wan Leung

Oliver

Aug 15, 2009, 1:34:54 AM8/15/09
to SHOGI-L
Hi Kai Wan,

thanks for the links.
Here is another small one in Japaneese (text, no film)
http://www.candcshogi.com/kumakura/?m=200908
Seems to be a blog of the pro Kumakura Shino with a picture of the
winner team and one of the Hungarian team.

> By the way, would you mind to be more specific about the dan-kyu
> system question?

How the dan-kyu system works in Europe/US (FESA) You can read here:

http://www.shogi.net/fesa/rating.intro

It is strictly based on the ELO-system.
From point 12 on You can read how exactly grades can be achieved.

What I'd like to know is, if it is similar in China, if there is an
ELO-system used, if You have to win tournaments to get high grades and
so on.
Is there an organisation (like FESA in the western world) to award the
grades and what are the exact rules?

thanks

Oliver

leung kaiwan

Aug 15, 2009, 1:08:20 PM8/15/09
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Shogi clubs in Shanghai, Beijing, or other cities award the dan/kyu.

I think they organize some tournaments mainly for dan/kyu promotion.
Promotion is achieved based on tournament results and number of wins
accumulated.

The above is based on the web page below from Shanghai.
http://www.jiangqi.sh.cn/jiangqi/shogi/jsgz/jsgz.asp

It seems they also use elo-rating system. But I can't see any mention
on changes in dan/kyu based on rating changes.

In HK, elo-rating based dan/kyu system is used.

Regards,

Kai Wan Leung