Some words about politeness and kindness!

78 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Bernhard

ungelesen,
06.05.2009, 04:04:2706.05.09
an SHOGI-L
Hi,

things happend in only the past 10 days made me deep thinking about
politeness.
I believed (and still believe!!!) politeness and kindness are very
(till most) important for the japanese culture/people.

So my first opinion was, that only the western and middle eastern
world are in this unpoliteness and unkindness kind, "typically" for
the rough character of westeners.

So let me tell the whole storry.

All the following happend on playok:

1) After a game my oponent insulted me with bad words.
(After the game he wrote "pley" - in exact this way, no typo from me
-, I was busy with analyzing the game, didn't understand immediately
what he want - I asume he want to play "revenge" - and then he left
with insulting words.)
He used russian words and maybe thought I wouldn't understand, but I
did. ;-)

2) A few days later I want play an unrated game.
My oponent (NOT a weak player) always made the most WORST move!!!
I asked him, but he didn't answered.
Maybe about 10 moves later he left the game without any coment.

3) During a game my opponent want to take back a move.
Normaly I enable the "no undo" box, but in this game I forgott it. So
undo was possible and I accepted.
But there was a bug at playok (which should be already fixed, now) and
something is going completely wrong.
The time was running down (we both were in byoyomi) and so I asked
also for undo-move, but he RECETED !!!
This (rated) game I lost only by this reason, only because I was
polite to accept undo.
[By the way: I still believe it was a little bit stupid situation, so
I later removed this player from my black-list.]

Till this moment I thought as written at the beginning, but then ...

4) Yesterday I'm visiting a table to watch a game and immediately was
kicked off. The person who kicked me didn't said anything to me, also
didn't took attention as I tried to chat with him later.
Me was told, he kicked ALL (!!!) players from his table, who visited
his table.
And finaly (for me it's funny) he lost the game and then also kicked
his opponent off the table. ;-)
By the way, he is also not a weak player.

And ...

This player is japanese (standing in his profile)!!!

Is he only one black sheep???
Maybe.

But together with the other 3 stories, it's a really sad situation.

Best politeness and kindness regards,

Bernhard

lewis gay

ungelesen,
06.05.2009, 20:21:5206.05.09
an sho...@googlegroups.com
bernhard, methinks thou art hardly the only one to experience such "inconsiderations" on playok.com. (a little "amen corner" humor here). i too have been booted without explanation (in all fairness, once was because the player was leaving the site  -- he booted me and left -- more understandable). a certain "good" player - better than mewhich is not hard- refused to play me and upon inquiry, closed the chat box. if it was because my rating was too low, there are parameters that can be set up to ensure a minimum rating to play. this "good" player - yellow code to my green - DID lose to me once only. could someone be that sensitive? anyway , amen to the better to be polite thing!

Bernhard

ungelesen,
07.06.2009, 09:34:4107.06.09
an SHOGI-L
Hi,

before a few minutes I was again kicked from a table. Then I had
spoken with the "kicker" with the following content:

Me: why you kicked me???
He: sorry
He: I don't want to play with you
Me: that's okay, BUT no reason for kicking.
He: it's my right
Me: Speaking (special when you can speak english) is MUCH better than
kicking

I'm horrified.
So much about "kicking" for today.

Bernhard

user923005

ungelesen,
08.06.2009, 15:05:4508.06.09
an SHOGI-L
According to my calculations, the world consists of about 90% sensible
people and 10% whinging twits.
The big problem is that the whinging twits stand out so much that we
sometimes imagine them to be the majority.

My policy is to try to be a gentleman, even in the face of a whinging
twit hurricane. When I can fullfull that promise to myself, then (at
least) I know I am not the problem.

Bernhard

ungelesen,
01.07.2009, 16:12:0001.07.09
an SHOGI-L
Hmm, very strange.
Kicking - kicking - kicking.
So bad guys at playok.

I believe soon all players there will be at my black list.
But it doesn't matter - a long time before that would happen, I would
delete my account there.

Here is the newest story.
Laugh if you like ...

---

berni314: why you kicked me?
mayhem35: wongsiri tell me.
berni314: why???
mayhem35: have you do something against him?
mayhem35: he's my close friend.
berni314: I didn't know anything.
mayhem35: really? sorry that.
berni314: also he is not at my black-list : I put ALL who kicked me at
black-list
[chatted with wongsiri]
berni314: to wongsiri: you said mayhem35 to kick me???
berni314: wongsiri: what? i dont know
mayhem35: so take me to your black list/
mayhem35: สรำ
mayhem35: he lied.
berni314: I'm very fast - I put you at my black list only a few
seconds you kicked me - BEFORE I chatted to you
berni314: stupid - one of you lie and I can not say who
[chatted with wongsiri]
mayhem35: thanks so take me to your blacklist please.
berni314: ?
berni314: your "best friend" uses *** words.
berni314: I believe I have to put you both at my black list. :-(((
mayhem35: well
mayhem35: thanks
berni314: bye
mayhem35: bye
mayhem35: good luck.

---

berni314: you said mayhem35 to kick me???
wongsiri: what? i dont know
berni314: stupid - one of you lie and I can not say who
wongsiri: lie about what?
wongsiri: you are interupting my work
wongsiri: if its not important, please shut the fuck up

user923005

ungelesen,
02.07.2009, 01:55:2802.07.09
an SHOGI-L
Maybe this is a clue (the definition of mayhem):

mayhem definition may·hem (ma'hem, ma'?m)

noun

1.Law the offense of maiming a person; specif.,
a.the intentional mutilation of another's body
b.injury inflicted on another so as to cause loss of a bodily part or
function necessary for self-defense
2.any deliberate destruction or violence
Etymology: see maim
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2005 by Wiley
Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Alternate definitions:
mayhem definition - legal

mayhem Synonyms

mayhem
n.

maiming, mutilating, dismembering, dismemberment, injury, great bodily
injury, disfiguring, crippling, immedicable vulnus (Latin), deforming,
deformation, violence, destruction; see also crime 2.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten