Shogi on Little Golem

Rio Malaschitz

Aug 16, 2010, 10:34:38 AM8/16/10
to SHOGI-L
Hello,

I learnt Shogi two months ago and I am fascinated with this game. I
decide add this game to my game server. It is free turn-based server.
A several days ago implementation of Shogi was finished.

There are links:

Shogi main page with links on tournaments:
http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/games/gamedetail.jsp?gtid=shogi

First tournament in Shogi: http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/tournament/tournament.jsp?trnid=shogi.mc.2010.aug.1.1

First tournament in MiniShogi (5x5):
http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/tournament/tournament.jsp?trnid=ut.shogi.192.1.1

On server is used Hidetchi's international shogi pieces. There is for
example my first finished game: http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1221571&nmove=26

Adrian Petrescu

Aug 16, 2010, 10:52:44 AM8/16/10
to sho...@googlegroups.com
I have been waiting for Shogi to be on Little Golem for (no exaggeration) about four years now. Thank you so much!

LG may replace OGS+GameKnot for me now.

Cheers,
Adrian

Adrian Petrescu

Aug 16, 2010, 4:32:47 PM8/16/10
to sho...@googlegroups.com
One thing I must ask though -- can you add an option to use kanji piece sets as well? The Western ones might be a good default, but I'm sure there's plenty of LGers who are already accustomed to the real ones.

Thanks :)
-Adrian

Adrian Petrescu

Aug 17, 2010, 2:27:13 AM8/17/10
to sho...@googlegroups.com
I went ahead and implemented this myself as a Chrome extension. Anyone who's interested can check it out (including a screenshot) here: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/camnfciehjhogdibimnoghlbedligapl

Cheers,
Adrian