Slovakia shogi open 2011 invitation

Adam Skalny

Apr 28, 2011, 4:24:03 AM4/28/11
to sho...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

We are excited to invite you to attend the Slovakia Shogi Open 2011, first ever shogi tournament at Slovak republic. Event takes place at the University library in Bratislava, directly in center of our little big city.

When:

Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th June, 2011

Where:

University library in Bratislava, Michalska 1, Bratislava, Slovakia

Rules:

- No handicap.

- Time 30 minutes and 30 seconds byouyomi per game.

- Four rounds for up to ten participants. Five rounds in case of eleven or more.

- Swiss system with median of opponents’ performance as primary tie-breaker.

- Draws cannot be negotiated and are worth half point for either player.

Side event(s):

- "King of all animals" (doubutsu shogi tournament)

- Dinner and beer at the city (fun&drinks, not included in registration fee)

- Shogi presentation for library visitors (PR)

Schedule:

- Registration starts at Friday 3rd at 2PM and ends Saturday 4th after round 1 - not sooner than at 10AM.

- "King of all animals" starts at Friday 3rd at 5:30PM.

- Tournament at Saturday 4th at 9:30 AM.

- Dinner and beer is planned for both evenings, but we hope that Friday will be bigger one.

- Shogi presentation will be ongoing at Friday 3rd from 2PM to 5PM.

Registration:

- In advance by sending us e-mail to our organization’s address sa...@shogi.sk or contact form http://saso.shogi.sk/en/contact/form at our web page.

- In person at the venue, starts at Friday 3rd at 2PM and ends at Saturday 4th at 10AM. First round will be counted as lost for late registrants.

- Tournament fee is 10 euro with 50% discount for non rated players and players under 18 years old.

- "King of all animals" is 2 euro.

- Payment at the venue before start of tournament.

- If possible please register or at least let us know you are considering to come in advance.

Prizes:

- Minimum of 30 euro + material prize for first place.

- Material prize for best non rated player.

- Doubutsu shogi set for "the King".

- We hereby declare that profit is not our goal. Any eventual surplus generated by abundance of participants will be spent by giving out additional material prizes and/or by increasing first places money pool.  Thus, depending on number o   f players, there may be some sort of material prize for runner ups in following order 2nd, 2nd non-rated, 3rd, 3rd non-rated…

Detailed info:

http://saso.shogi.sk/en/sso11

Best regards,

Adam Skalny

~

Slovak association of shogi

DARREN PAULL

May 5, 2011, 8:03:21 AM5/5/11
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Great to see you have been able to get an Open event, congratulations!

I wish every success.
Regards,
Darren (ramalam)

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:24:03 +0200