Lord requires no apology from us

umasreedasan

Jan 18, 2012, 3:14:39 AM1/18/12
to Sai Group

When we face problems in our life, we think Lord is angry with us for our wrongdoing and so we beg His pardon for our wrongdoing in the belief that Lord will forgive us and then reduce our suffering due to the wrongdoing. This means that we think that Lord’s love for us is lost once we commit a wrong act; in other words, we think that Lord’s love for us is conditional.

No, Lord’s love for us is absolutely unconditional. Lord loves us even when we commit the cruelest act. Lord is also merciful and therefore, He delivers punishments for our wrongdoing for the long-term benefits of our soul. He gives punishments out of mercy arising from His Love for us and not out of wrath. Let us consider an illustration. A child suffering from cold for a week, tastes ice-cream and her mother punishes the child – can we say that mother has lost her love for her kid? In fact, she did it out of boundless mercy arising from her love for her kid.

The argument that Lord doesn’t require any apology from us, does not absolve us from the need for repentance for our wrongdoing. Unless we accept our wrongdoing, how can we desist from repeating it in the future so that we can live without pain? So, when we suffer, let us repent for what we have done and pray to Lord for lessening our suffering; let us not beg His pardon mocking at His absolutely unconditional Love for us.

When we understand that we need not be forgiven by Lord, we also understand that none of our relatives, neighbours, colleagues and opponents need to be forgiven by us, either. Sri Aurobindo put it in his characteristic way:

“Forgiveness is praised by the Christian and Vaishnava, but for me, I ask, “What have I to forgive and whom?”

When we understand this grand truth, we develop Loving Devotion towards Lord residing in the heart of all sentient beings.

--

blog: www.awarenesschanting.blogspot.com

kjanardhan

Jan 18, 2012, 3:54:57 AM1/18/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
excellent!!!

200% is true and i am fully accepting the fact.

With Best Regards
K. JANARDHAN

manoj melur

Jan 18, 2012, 5:05:19 AM1/18/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
aum sai ram

2012/1/18 kjanardhan <kjanar...@yahoo.co.in>

--
manojkumar

Rudresh Kademane

Jan 18, 2012, 6:56:28 AM1/18/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
you are right sir Om Sai Ram

vikram sharma

Jan 18, 2012, 11:00:24 AM1/18/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
om sai ram

Dr. meenakshi

Jan 18, 2012, 11:44:36 AM1/18/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
just two words for the the above post....no comparison......

jatin bhat

Jan 19, 2012, 2:04:52 AM1/19/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
Om Sai Ram ,