Every Prayer is Answered by Baba

umasreedasan

Jan 31, 2012, 8:14:24 AM1/31/12
to Sai Group

A year back a devotee of Baba wrote to me, “…you are very true, but what if Baba takes away something from us which was ours, which we loved so dearly, in spite of praying to him wholeheartedly. In that case how can we console our hearts? Why does He do that to his devotee? In a way that means He is not responding to our prayer. How can we know that He is doing good when something very wrong happens in our life... which should have never happened...?”

            Last week the very same question, paraphrased for the context of this devotee, was hurled at me by another devotee of Baba.

Our soul is more interested in its spiritual progress and worldly experiences that will assist its spiritual progress. It just doesn’t care for worldly comforts and achievements and material security which are not helpful for our spiritual progress in some way or other. And our mind sees no value in the spiritual progress. This conflict between our mind and soul is the source of most of our problems.

            When certain situations and circumstances have to be created in our life for some experience of our soul, we can’t prevent it by means of prayer. Then, in such cases, what do we expect from Baba? To give strength and maturity to our mind to get reconciled to the non-fulfillment of the prayer of our mind, isn’t it?

            Let me illustrate. It happened a decade back. Father of a devotee of Baba was admitted to a hospital in Madurai for treatment of severe heart-attack. She was so much attached to her father right from childhood. Even after marriage she was more attached to her father than to her husband. She couldn’t imagine the world without her father even in her dreams.

Now she was anxiously travelling from Trichy to Madurai to see her father. All along the three-hour journey she was frantically praying to Baba to save her father.

            Well, her father died in the same night two hours after her arrival. I was afraid she would go off her mind in a couple of hours because I was pretty sure she could never accept the loss of her father.

But it didn’t happen. Not only she managed herself but she consoled her bereaved mother and took care of her kid as well in the next couple of months.

            Six months later when she complained to me that Baba declined to answer her prayer to save her father, I explained what Baba really did to her.

            Every one – I repeat, EVERY ONE - of our prayers is answered by Baba, but not necessarily in the way our mind desires. Let us understand that when what we pray for is not going to be fulfilled, Baba automatically gives strength and maturity to our mind to face the inevitable.

 ~ umasreedasan

--

blog: www.awarenesschanting.blogspot.com

vikram sharma

Jan 31, 2012, 11:13:11 AM1/31/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
om sai ram

Ramamurthy Sumathy

Feb 1, 2012, 2:26:03 AM2/1/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com

OM SAIRAM

YES YOU R 100% RIGHT.

WHEN WE ASK FOR STRENGTH SAI WL GIVE US DIFFICULTIES TO MAKE US STRONG.

IF WE ASK FOR WISDOM HE WL GIVE US PROBLEMS TO SOLVE

ASK FOR PROSPERITY HE WL GIVE BRAWN AND BRAINS TO WORK

ASK FOR COURAGE HE WL GIVE DANGERS TO OVERCOME

IF U ASK FOR PATIENCE HE WL GIVE SITUATIONS WHERE WE ARE FORCED TO WAIT.

ASK FOR LOVE HE WL GIVE TROUBLED PERSON TO HELP

ASK FOR FAVORS HE WL GIVE OPPORTUNITIES

YOU WL RECEIVE NOTHING U WANTED BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE EVERYTHING U NEEDED.

IN THIS WAY SAI ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS.

HE KNOWS WHAT TO GIVE AND WHEN TO GIVE.

HE WONT LET HIS CHILDREN DOWN.

OM SAI SRI SAI JAI JAI SAI

RGDS
SUMATHY

Sanil Yadav

Feb 1, 2012, 2:54:10 AM2/1/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
om sai ram

>> of prayer. Then, in such cases, what do we expect from Baba? *To give

>> strength and maturity to our mind to get reconciled to the non-fulfillment

>> of the prayer of our mind, isn’t it?*

>> Let me illustrate. It happened a decade back. Father of a
>> devotee of Baba was admitted to a hospital in Madurai for treatment of
>> severe heart-attack. She was so much attached to her father right from
>> childhood. Even after marriage she was more attached to her father than to
>> her husband. She couldn’t imagine the world without her father even in her
>> dreams.
>>
>> Now she was anxiously travelling from Trichy to Madurai to see her father.
>> All along the three-hour journey she was frantically praying to Baba to
>> save her father.
>>

>> Well, her father died in the same night two hours after her
>> arrival. I was afraid she would go off her mind in a couple of hours
>> because I was pretty sure she could never accept the loss of her father.
>>
>> But it didn’t happen. Not only she managed herself but she consoled her
>> bereaved mother and took care of her kid as well in the next couple of
>> months.
>>

>> Six months later when she complained to me that Baba declined
>> to answer her prayer to save her father, I explained what Baba really did
>> to her.
>>

>> Every one – I repeat, EVERY ONE - of our prayers is answered

>> by Baba, but not necessarily in the way our mind desires. *Let us

>> understand that when what we pray for is not going to be fulfilled, Baba
>> automatically gives strength and maturity to our mind to face the

>> inevitable.*

vikram sharma

Feb 1, 2012, 3:06:27 AM2/1/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com
om sai ram

jiten Pradhan

Feb 1, 2012, 4:51:37 AM2/1/12
to shirdi-sai-baba...@googlegroups.com

OM SAI RAM

> YES YOU R 100% RIGHT.
>
> WHEN WE ASK FOR STRENGTH SAI WL GIVE US DIFFICULTIES TO MAKE US STRONG.
>
> IF WE ASK FOR WISDOM HE WL GIVE US PROBLEMS TO SOLVE
>
> ASK FOR PROSPERITY HE WL GIVE BRAWN AND BRAINS TO WORK
>
> ASK FOR COURAGE HE WL GIVE DANGERS TO OVERCOME
>
> IF U ASK FOR PATIENCE HE WL GIVE SITUATIONS WHERE WE ARE FORCED TO WAIT.
>
> ASK FOR LOVE HE WL GIVE TROUBLED PERSON TO HELP
>
> ASK FOR FAVORS HE WL GIVE OPPORTUNITIES
>
> YOU WL RECEIVE NOTHING U WANTED BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE EVERYTHING U NEEDED.
>
> IN THIS WAY SAI ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS.
>
> HE KNOWS WHAT TO GIVE AND WHEN TO GIVE.
>
> HE WONT LET HIS CHILDREN DOWN.
>
> OM SAI SRI SAI JAI JAI SAI