[Shib-Users] How to create test metadata for 1.3 IdP?

1 view

Roberto Ullfig

Sep 9, 2009, 1:37:07 PM9/9/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
My SP 2.x has a metagen.sh command that will generate metadata. Is there
a similar script to generate metadata for a 1.3 IdP? Thanks.

--
Roberto Ullfig - rul...@uic.edu
Research Programmer, ACCC 5-0050

Peter Schober

Sep 9, 2009, 2:24:23 PM9/9/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
* Roberto Ullfig <rul...@uic.edu> [2009-09-09 19:38]:

> My SP 2.x has a metagen.sh command that will generate metadata. Is
> there a similar script to generate metadata for a 1.3 IdP? Thanks.

If you have used the 1.3 IdP with an SP at least once, one of those
SPs has a copy of the IdP's metadata. If you haven't, well, this is
not the time to start ;)
-peter

Scott Cantor

Sep 9, 2009, 3:49:33 PM9/9/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Roberto Ullfig wrote on 2009-09-09:
> My SP 2.x has a metagen.sh command that will generate metadata. Is there
> a similar script to generate metadata for a 1.3 IdP? Thanks.

You should never generate metadata unless you know how to build it by hand
to begin with.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/MetadataForIdP

-- Scott