[Shib-Users] LDAP -- Sun DirectoryServer 5 versus 6

Russell Beall

Mar 30, 2009, 4:47:06 PM3/30/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
We have recently upgraded our LDAP servers from Sun DirectoryServer
5.2 to DirectoryServer 6.3.

There were several important issues encountered along the way which
caused overloading and service outage situations. Last week I handled
the last of our issues here, and everything seems to be stable; so if
anyone is encountering issues with 6.3 or is thinking of upgrading to
6.3, I would be glad to share the data I have about it.

Regards,
Russ.

Russell Beall

Mar 31, 2009, 8:58:45 PM3/31/09
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
page in the wiki:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPDirectoryServerIssues

which is primarily referenced by the page:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/ResolverLDAPDataConnector

I created it as a generic spot for Directory Server issues, rather
than a page specifically for the upgrade issues I encountered, but
that is the only information there at the moment.

In retrospect, there is not a whole lot of detail compared with the
amount of time spent debugging and figuring it all out.

Regards,
Russ.