[Shib-Users] Is Shibboleth v2.x supported under RedHat JBoss EAP 4.3.0 CP07?

W. Grant

Mar 11, 2010, 2:16:52 PM3/11/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Is Shibboleth v2.x supported under RedHat JBoss EAP 4.3.0 CP07? Thx

--
Traveling @ the Speed of Gravity /
wg

Chad La Joie

Mar 11, 2010, 2:25:07 PM3/11/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
No idea, you'd have to try it. What version of Tomcat does 4.3 ship with?

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz

W. Grant

Mar 11, 2010, 3:43:41 PM3/11/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Effectively, Tomcat 6.0.13 ships with JBoss 4.3.0

I'm reminded to note that in JBoss, Tomcat is a component of JBoss...so JBoss 2.0.0 is based on Tomcat 6.0.13.

Chad La Joie

Mar 11, 2010, 3:50:33 PM3/11/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Try the directions on the Shib wiki then. There is nothing in the IdP
itself that is container specific. The JBoss prep docs say 5 because
that's what I had available to test with, but if 4 also uses Tomcat 6
than those directions should work.

On 3/11/10 3:43 PM, W. Grant wrote:
> Effectively, Tomcat 6.0.13 ships with JBoss 4.3.0
>
> I'm reminded to note that in JBoss, Tomcat is a component of JBoss...so
> JBoss 2.0.0 is based on Tomcat 6.0.13.
>
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/VersionOfTomcatinJBossAS
> <http://community.jboss.org/wiki/VersionOfTomcatinJBossAS>
>
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Chad La Joie <laj...@itumi.biz
> <mailto:laj...@itumi.biz>> wrote:
>
> No idea, you'd have to try it. What version of Tomcat does 4.3 ship
> with?
>
> On 3/11/10 2:16 PM, W. Grant wrote:
> > Is Shibboleth v2.x supported under RedHat JBoss EAP 4.3.0 CP07? Thx
> >
> > --
> > Traveling @ the Speed of Gravity /
> > wg
>
> --
> Chad La Joie

> www.itumi.biz <http://www.itumi.biz>

Peter Schober

Mar 11, 2010, 5:17:02 PM3/11/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
* W. Grant <wgr...@gmail.com> [2010-03-11 21:47]:

> Effectively, Tomcat 6.0.13 ships with JBoss 4.3.0

Fyi: The required version of Apache Tomcat was updated to 6.0.17 in Aug'09
https://spaces.internet2.edu/pages/diffpages.action?originalId=8814654&pageId=9371650
because of cookies issues with some browsers.

The thread can be found at
https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/shibboleth-users/2009-08/msg00459.html
http://n2.nabble.com/IdP-2-1-3-cookie-problems-tt3533332.html
-peter

Chad La Joie

Mar 11, 2010, 5:24:29 PM3/11/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Right, but the Tomcat shipped with JBoss *may* be okay. JBoss tends to
fix a lot of Tomcat's bugs which the Tomcat people then ignore because
they literally view many of their bugs as "features".