Hazrat Fatima tz Zahra A.S

Zahraa ......

Jan 29, 2008, 10:41:42 PM1/29/08
to shia...@googlegroups.com

The Holy Prophet (saww) has said,

"The example of my Ahlul-Bayt is like the Ark of Noah; whoever boarded it, he was saved; and whoever remained behind, he drowned and perished".

LESSON ON HIJAB

It is reported that the Holy Prophet (saww) once asked his daughter: "What is the thing, which is a blessing for a woman?" She (as) replied, "She must not see a strange man and the strange man should not see her".

The most important message of this tradition is that of Hijab. A woman must cover herself and preserve her modesty in such a manner that neither does she come into unnecessary contact with Na-Mahram men, nor do they come into unnecessary contact with her!

THE THREE KINDS OF WOMEN

Today, we find that there are three kinds of Muslim women:

1. One who do not wear Hijab at all and their most usual argument to justify their action is that: 'As long as our hearts are pure and clear, we do not have to put on any Hijab.

2. The second kind is of those who put on Hijab but not properly. By this I mean:

- They either don't wear it properly

- Or they consider Hijab as a passport to freely see and communicate to the strangers.

3. And the third kind is of those women who not only cover

Themselves, but they are extremely careful in their dealings with the strangers.

The question that arises here is that who amongst these three is correct?

The answer of this has been given to us in the history of Islam and those women who call themselves as Kaneezaan-e-Zahra (as), should identify themselves with Sayyida Zahra (as). Marhum Allama Zeeshan Haider in his book 'Mahafil-o-Majalis' has related two incidents. These incidents are similar to each other but there outcomes are different and paves way for Muslim women to choose whether they want to follow the Seerah of Sayyida Fatimah (as) or somebody else.

INCIDENT ONE

One day the Holy Prophet (saww) came to the house of one of his wives. (I will not name her). He (saww) brought along a person who was blind.

As he (saww) knocked at the door and sought permission to enter, the permission was granted. But then the Holy Prophet (saww) notified his wife that he (saww) had brought along a person who was blind.

When the wife heard this, she said, 'In that case there is nothing to worry. The man is blind and will therefore be unable to see me'.

INCIDENT TWO

The other incident tells us that likewise, the Holy Prophet (saww) once brought along a blind person to the house of Sayyida Fatimah (as) and knocked at her door. He (saww) also informed her about the blind person's company.

Sayyida Fatimah (as) asked her father to wait so that she could cover herself. When the Holy Prophet (saww) said,

"But Fatimah! This man is blind and he cannot see you".

She (as) responded by saying,

"O Father! So what if he is blind? He cannot see me but I can see him – so allow me to cover myself".

CONCLUSION:

From these two incidents it becomes crystal clear who among the three kinds of Muslim women is right and who among them has true right to call herself as Kaneez-e-Zahra (as).

DIFFICULTY IN HIJAB

Many Muslim women do not wear Hijab in fear of being ridiculed by the wider society. They should have firm faith in Allah (SWT) and always pray to Him through the Waseelah of Sayyida Fatimah (as) to give them courage and protect them from every sort of mischief whilst they are observing Hijab. There is no doubt that whenever a person invokes to Allah (SWT) in the name of Sayyida Fatimah (as), He (SWT) listens to their prayers.

[Umm Ayman was purchased as a slave by Hazrat Abdullah bin Abdul-Muttalib (as) – the father of the Holy Prophet (saww).

In this household, the slaves were treated as human beings with great respect. The mother of the Holy Prophet (saww), Bibi Aamina (as) used to treat her like her own sister. She (as) would dine with her and talk to her like her own family member. Umm Ayman lived a very long life. She died at the age of 95 years.

It is mentioned that after the death of Sayyida Zahra (as), she was not at ease and simply couldn't live in the house without her. So she decided to leave Madina.

On the way to Makkah, she felt extremely thirsty. She found no water anywhere so she thought that she would die of thirst. She turned towards the sky and said,

"O Allah! Will it please You if I died of thirst though I am the slave of the Prophet of Allah and his daughter".

Umm Ayman had not completed her dua' when suddenly a bucket of water descended from the sky. She drank the water, thanked Allah (SWT) for it and proceeded on her journey. This heavenly water had performed such a miracle on her that for seven years Umm Ayman neither felt hunger nor thirst. When the people of Makkah found this out, in order to verify, they made her stand for long hours in the scorching heat but she never felt thirsty or asked anyone for water.]

(Ahwaal al-Nisaa)

So when true followers of Hazrat-e-Zahra (as) invoke to Allah (SWT) by her name, Allah (SWT) answers their prayers. Muslim women should not abandon the Hijab in fear of being ridiculed; rather they should put on and pray to Allah (SWT) through the Waseelah of this great lady to protect them.

Mulla Mujahidali Sheriff

http://smma59.wordpress.com/2006/11/18/hijab-of-sayyida-fatimah-al-zahra-as/

--
With Love & Patience, Everything is Possible.
Regards,