Does this work with latest version of nhibernate and fluent?

JMan

Sep 3, 2009, 3:54:04 PM9/3/09
to S#arp Architecture
Does S#arp Architecture work with the latest versions of nhibernate
and fluent?

ercü eser

Sep 3, 2009, 4:02:54 PM9/3/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Just look at the previous threads.  Here is the info and binaries from Tom Cabanski on one of them:

http://tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E0D3617496209F45!166.entry

--
Ercument ESER

http://www.ercueser.com
http://twitter.com/ercu
http://facebook.com/ercument

Tuna Toksoz

Sep 3, 2009, 4:08:40 PM9/3/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried horn?

Tuna Toksöz
Eternal sunshine of the open source mind.

http://devlicio.us/blogs/tuna_toksoz
http://tunatoksoz.com
http://twitter.com/tehlike

JMan

Sep 4, 2009, 8:35:14 AM9/4/09
to S#arp Architecture
Ok, I see that someone has added support for fluent 1.0, why it's not
in the trunk or at least a branch in s#arp architecture svn is a
little perplexing but at least it's somewhere out there. How about
support for the latest nhibernate version is that located in some
obscure location as well?

On Sep 3, 3:02 pm, ercü eser <ercue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just look at the previous threads.  Here is the info and binaries from Tom
> Cabanski on one of them:
>
> http://tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E0D3617496209F45!166.entry

JMan

Sep 4, 2009, 8:37:19 AM9/4/09
to S#arp Architecture
No, what is horn?

On Sep 3, 3:08 pm, Tuna Toksoz <tehl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried horn?
>
> Tuna Toksöz
> Eternal sunshine of the open source mind.
>
> http://devlicio.us/blogs/tuna_toksozhttp://tunatoksoz.comhttp://twitter.com/tehlike
>

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:54 PM, JMan <jwise...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does S#arp Architecture work with the latest versions of nhibernate
> > and fluent?- Hide quoted text -

Tuna Toksoz

Sep 4, 2009, 8:39:30 AM9/4/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com

JMan

Sep 4, 2009, 9:02:49 AM9/4/09
to S#arp Architecture
lol, not another stack. Will it have dependencies as well? The one
that thing that is bothersome is S#arp Arch. (just from my trying to
use it) is it feels like it’s tightly coupled with all these different
open source packages (which may depend further on each other). When
you would like to upgrade one of these packages, say nhibernate to
take an advantage of a new feature, basically you are stuck unless you
spend hours even days trying to fix the source of all the various
packages. That seems to go against the goal of: "A framework should
enable developers to spend little time on infrastructure details while
allowing them to focus their attentions on the domain and user
experience". Please don’t get me wrong, I do respect all the hard
work that has been done in creating this framework, I’m just trying to
ask what is one to do?

It appears that the horn project is trying to address this, which from
my experience is painful. Let's say I use horn and try and manage
all these dependencies, does that mean if I have problems with horn
that I must go and learn the DSL syntax which would be written in boo
and spend a few days getting that to work in order to try and fix the
framework for which I have based my application?

Just some perplexing questions.

On Sep 4, 7:39 am, Tuna Toksoz <tehl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://hornget.googlecode.com/
>
> Tuna Toksöz
> Eternal sunshine of the open source mind.
>
> http://devlicio.us/blogs/tuna_toksozhttp://tunatoksoz.comhttp://twitter.com/tehlike
>

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM, JMan <jwise...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > No, what is horn?
>
> > On Sep 3, 3:08 pm, Tuna Toksoz <tehl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Have you tried horn?
>
> > > Tuna Toksöz
> > > Eternal sunshine of the open source mind.
>
> >http://devlicio.us/blogs/tuna_toksozhttp://tunatoksoz.comhttp://twitt...

Tuna Toksoz

Sep 4, 2009, 9:05:05 AM9/4/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
You don't need that much experience with horn to do basic stuff.

You can say i want sharp architecture right iwth NH trunk, it will compile and give you sharparch dlls, which you then simply copy and paste.

Tom Cabanski

Sep 4, 2009, 10:20:42 AM9/4/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Billy is working on getting SharpArch into GitHub.  As soon as he does, I'll help setup a fork and hornget so anyone can get the latest of all dependencies and build their own bleeding-edge SharpArch with one command (once they put hornget on their machine).  Until then, you have to go get everything and build it yourself.  There is some info on my blog about SharpArch changes needed due to the Fluent NHibernate upgrade at http://tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E0D3617496209F45!166.entry.  If you follow the link to part 1, I reference the list post that got me started.

Enjoy

--
Tom Cabanski
Vice President of Technology

JMan

Sep 4, 2009, 1:32:08 PM9/4/09
to S#arp Architecture
Can these changes not be added the trunk of the svn S#arp
Architecture?

On Sep 4, 9:20 am, Tom Cabanski <t...@cabanski.com> wrote:
> Billy is working on getting SharpArch into GitHub.  As soon as he does, I'll
> help setup a fork and hornget so anyone can get the latest of all
> dependencies and build their own bleeding-edge SharpArch with one command
> (once they put hornget on their machine).  Until then, you have to go get
> everything and build it yourself.  There is some info on my blog about
> SharpArch changes needed due to the Fluent NHibernate upgrade athttp://tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E0D3617496209F45!166.entry.  If
> Direct: 713-962-2638http://www.onpointod.com- Hide quoted text -

Kyle Baley

Sep 5, 2009, 9:33:40 PM9/5/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, they could. Can't speak for the other committers but given that version 1.0 works, and given that Billy is working on moving to a distributed SCM, the priority is pretty low for me. I'd suggest following Tom's instructions for now.

JMan

Sep 6, 2009, 11:23:39 AM9/6/09
to S#arp Architecture
So will it be switched again? From Code Plex to Google Code, and now
to somewhere else or will it remain here?

On Sep 5, 8:33 pm, Kyle Baley <k...@baley.org> wrote:
> Yes, they could. Can't speak for the other committers but given that version
> 1.0 works, and given that Billy is working on moving to a distributed SCM,
> the priority is pretty low for me. I'd suggest following Tom's instructions
> for now.
>

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:32 PM, JMan <jwise...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can these changes not be added the trunk of the svn S#arp
> > Architecture?
>
> > On Sep 4, 9:20 am, Tom Cabanski <t...@cabanski.com> wrote:
> > > Billy is working on getting SharpArch into GitHub.  As soon as he does,
> > I'll
> > > help setup a fork and hornget so anyone can get the latest of all
> > > dependencies and build their own bleeding-edge SharpArch with one command
> > > (once they put hornget on their machine).  Until then, you have to go get
> > > everything and build it yourself.  There is some info on my blog about
> > > SharpArch changes needed due to the Fluent NHibernate upgrade athttp://
> > tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E0D3617496209F45!166.entry<http://tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%21E0D3617496209F45%21166....>.
> >  If
> > > you follow the link to part 1, I reference the list post that got me
> > > started.

> > from
>
> >http://tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E0D3617496209F45!166.entry<http://tomcabanski.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%21E0D3617496209F45%21166....>

> > > --
> > > Tom Cabanski
> > > Vice President of Technology
> > > Onpoint On Demand (Houston Office)
> > > 4801 Woodway Drive
> > > Suite 300 East
> > > Houston, TX 77056
> > > Direct: 713-962-2638http://www.onpointod.com-Hide quoted text -

ercü eser

Sep 6, 2009, 12:14:02 PM9/6/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
As i know, it will be on GitHub from now on.

Alec Whittington

Sep 6, 2009, 7:04:47 PM9/6/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Quit being such a drama queen and move on. This obviously is not the tool for you.

Cheers,
Alec Whittington

JMan

Sep 6, 2009, 11:02:53 PM9/6/09
to S#arp Architecture
Yes you must be 12.

On Sep 6, 6:04 pm, Alec Whittington <alec.whitting...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]

Kyle Baley

Sep 7, 2009, 5:41:26 AM9/7/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's being switched from Google Code to somewhere else. I can't speak for everyone but I think the intent is to make things so blindingly complex that only 12 year olds can work with the tool.

Wayne Douglas

Sep 7, 2009, 5:54:31 AM9/7/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
kyle - lolz.

JMan - I think the point you are missing is that this tool (in my
opinion) is here to showcase and make easier - the integration and use
of ALT.NET style tools such as Nhib, Fluent etc etc - if you had a
basic understanding of these tools then you'd understand how #Sharp
helps to make this process easier.

It is created free for your use - on the back of the hard work of some
very generous people - who ask for nothing in return for your using it
other than perhaps constructive criticism, contribution and maybe a
thanks here or there.

Your contribution so far has been demands, the display of a serious
lack of knowledge, display of poor social and analytical skills and to
be honest you're belittling yourself with negative and destructive
hyperbole.

I suggest you move back a few paces to more commercial, easier to
grasp concepts such as WebForms based development with ADO and
ASP.NET.

Good luck with your future career.

w://
--
Cheers,

w://

JMan

Sep 7, 2009, 8:17:14 AM9/7/09
to S#arp Architecture
Sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intent, I also apologize if
sounded demanding or obtuse. I don't want to offend anyone or sound
ungrateful. I think tone is lost postings & emails. I think I was a
little frustrated (mainly with myself) because these concepts are new
to me. I wanted to try and understand some of the "best practices" and
what people are doing. I had actually started down this path by first
just trying to use nhibernate. Once I started that I then found fluent
that would allow me to do my mappings in C# code instead of the ugly
xml files. So I had done a fair amount work getting my classes setup
and my mappings setup. I had it to where I could export my schema
(actually create the database) using nhib & fluent. I was somewhat
excited about that. But then I had came across the s#arp architecture
tool and thought WOW. Someone has really put some hard work and
thought into this. So I downloaded it, tried to take my core stuff and
use it, however this is when I hit all the dependencies issues because
I had started with newer versions of nhib & fluent. Then I got more
frustrated because as I was trying to find information about s#arp
arch., it was somewhat scattered. There are two places one is on
codeplex with left-over postings and a message to go to google code,
and then once there the (real)wiki seems to be located at a different
spot. The wiki tab on google code doesn't seem to take you to the wiki
page, it’s seems to take you to a blank wiki.

Wayne & Alec, I don't think I personally attacked anyone, but I can
see you perceive that I have. I do apologize for that. I just want to
understand and I’m sorry if I have not asked the right way.
Yes currently where I'm at, we do webforms with the code behind and
goes directly against the database. To make changes is awful and I
dread it everytime we have to make a big change. I know and feel the
pain of this type of application. It's tough trying to argue change
when it's one against many in my organization. But still I want to
learn these concepts.

Again my apologies.

On Sep 7, 4:54 am, Wayne Douglas <codingvi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> kyle - lolz.
>
> JMan - I think the point you are missing is that this tool (in my
> opinion) is here to showcase and make easier - the integration and use
> of ALT.NET style tools such as Nhib, Fluent etc etc - if you had a
> basic understanding of these tools then you'd understand how #Sharp
> helps to make this process easier.
>
> It is created free for your use - on the back of the hard work of some
> very generous people - who ask for nothing in return for your using it
> other than perhaps constructive criticism, contribution and maybe a
> thanks here or there.
>
> Your contribution so far has been demands, the display of a serious
> lack of knowledge, display of poor social and analytical skills and to
> be honest you're belittling yourself with negative and destructive
> hyperbole.
>
> I suggest you move back a few paces to more commercial, easier to
> grasp concepts such as WebForms based development with ADO and
> ASP.NET.
>
> Good luck with your future career.
>
> w://
>

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Kyle Baley<k...@baley.org> wrote:
> > Yes, it's being switched from Google Code to somewhere else. I can't speak
> > for everyone but I think the intent is to make things so blindingly complex
> > that only 12 year olds can work with the tool.

> --
> Cheers,
>
> w://- Hide quoted text -

Kyle Baley

Sep 7, 2009, 8:39:40 AM9/7/09
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Wow, didn't see that coming. Now I feel bad for taking swipes at you myself.

In any case, you've identified an area that needs improving. If you had frustration getting info on #arch, then others surely have too. Action items I see here are:

- Update the home page on Google Code to point to sharparchitecture.net
- Update the wiki on Google Code to indicate where the real wiki is
- Include a page on the wiki on compiling against different versions of NHibernate/Fluent NHibernate

From experience, I also know the last point is not as clean as it should be. When I get some time, I'm hoping to test drive horn to see if that will make things easier.

Billy

Sep 15, 2009, 2:30:14 PM9/15/09
to S#arp Architecture
I know moving to yet another source repository can be an
inconvenience. We originally moved from CodePlex to GoogleCode to
make it easier for developers to connect with Subversion. S#arp
Architecture, and its community, has now grown beyond what GoogleCode
with Subversion can adequately support. Thus, we have moved to
GitHub. While this inevitably leaves remnants and false leads in
google results, the underlying intention is to what is in the best
interest of the project and its community. The move was certainly not
done to do something cool...but simply to provide the community with
the best means available to work with the project - right now, that is
the GitHub distributed source management system.

With that said, I will be putting in time between now and the first
quarterly release to migrate everything, besides the discussion forum
itself, over to GitHub. As you implied, having pieces in various
places is frustrating and cumbersome. In the meantime, please be
patient while we adjust with the move to our new source home.

Billy McCafferty